Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Meh. Laughed a couple of times. But overall it just was a miss for me.
The whole annoying love story in it just did not work imo.
It is not a terrible movie...just was not that good imo.

IF you do find yourself watching this. Watch a few minutes into the credits. There is a cameo that makes no sense but nice for nostalgic reasons.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Although I really prefer the prime series of Reacher and of course the guy they got to play it really fits.

With that said.

I was bored and watched the two Tom Cruise movies. Both are ok. However I like the first one mostly because of Robert Duvals role.

Netflix has also released the directors cut for the two Rebel Moon movies.
I think most of us were underwhelmed with the two ones they sent out before.
It was just missing some things.

I have watched a little of the first one again, directors cut, and it started out with a 15 minute or so scene I do not remember in the original. Going to finish watching the first and give the second a try.
I think they might be better with more story and character developments.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maxxxine

Ti West and Mia Goth final movie of the trilogy

First was X
Second was Pearl
Third was Maxxxine

All are filmed kind of like a 70s film in that they are gritty looking and so on, looking low budget.

The First one was not really good. If you want to see a bunch of nudity you might like it.

The second one was even worse.

Now this last one It, to me, is the best of the three by far. And it still has so many issues. I think, I hope, they were taking from older 70s movies and make fun of them with some cheesy attitude.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Twisters

Maybe I was expecting too much but this one kind of let me down.
Did not have the magic or actors like the original.

Meh
What was the magic of the first one? I love that movie and watched it countless times, but still don't know why lol. The acting isn't that good, neither are the special fx (from a today's point of view). The story is totally predictable and the bad guy is so classical bad guy you think he's escaped from a Hannah Barbara cartoon.

But, it's a fun ride every time haha. I was a teen when the first one came out and I remember I loved Hellen Hunts boobies even though you couldn't really see them lol.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What was the magic of the first one? I love that movie and watched it countless times, but still don't know why lol. The acting isn't that good, neither are the special fx (from a today's point of view). The story is totally predictable and the bad guy is so classical bad guy you think he's escaped from a Hannah Barbara cartoon.

But, it's a fun ride every time haha. I was a teen when the first one came out and I remember I loved Hellen Hunts boobies even though you couldn't really see them lol.
It was just a good action/adventure movie that had fun characters.
Like you said you could watch it countless times even though it was not an oscar worthy movie.

However whatever it was that made the first one something you could watch countless times, just does not transfer to the new one. The new one is just missing something.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Lord Mormont
John Snow
No Wolf named Ghost

Boring movie...only watch if you are really bored.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Do not remember who suggested this movie, but I thank them

I have enjoyed a good deal ok Korean movies. Plus Choi Min Sik in it is a bonus as I have liked him in multiple movies.

It does have a tad bit of cheesy in parts of it but nothing too bad. If you like korean movies you will like this one. Subtitles only from what I have seen. This is more of a horror movie than the normal action packed movie.

rags747

Reaction score
Civil War. 5/10

I don't really understand why this movie was made. It isn't political at all, doesn't really tell a compelling story, and doesn't really go anywhere. The acting is OK, and the cinematography is really good, borderline great. It seems like a big waste, because the movie looks amazing, but sucks. It is really similar to Full Metal Jacket, but that at least told a compelling story.
Civil War does not deserve to be in the same sentence as Full Metal Jacket!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The Fall Guy - I watched this last night, and to my surprise, I enjoyed it. I thought it had some fun subtle comedy sprinkled throughout the entire movie, it had some really good action, and the storyline was compelling enough to keep me engaged in the movie. I really wasn't expecting much out of this movie at all, but I found myself quite entertained with it. Call me pleasantly surprised!

A bonus was Emily Blunt looking like a massive cutie throughout the film.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Do not remember who suggested this movie, but I thank them

I have enjoyed a good deal ok Korean movies. Plus Choi Min Sik in it is a bonus as I have liked him in multiple movies.

It does have a tad bit of cheesy in parts of it but nothing too bad. If you like korean movies you will like this one. Subtitles only from what I have seen. This is more of a horror movie than the normal action packed movie.

Subtitles are better, IMO. Whenever they dub a movie, it makes it seem like bad acting.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Twisters

Maybe I was expecting too much but this one kind of let me down.
Did not have the magic or actors like the original.

Meh
Yeah, it was awful and the plot makes zero sense. “Tornadoes are unpredictable!” “We’re going to strategically place 3 radars around a tornado!”, while every Tom, Dick, and Harry happen to be hanging out in random small Oklahoma towns hours or even days before the tornadoes hit. Also, having the two rival teams doesn’t make sense, because they aren’t really competing. Turned it off after 20 minutes.