Rate the last movie you saw

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Bikeriders 4 of 10.

An amazing cast makes what was a pretty uninteresting movie watchable. Crazy how critics were fawning over this. Its almost like the anti Scorsese film.

I feel there was a very interesting story to be told (fictionalized rise of the Outlaw MC), that was done in the style of a 9th grade history paper

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Iron Claw: 8/10

Great performance by Efron. This one hit me in the feels because I grew up watching the Von Erichs. With that in mind, I wish the was a series instead of a film. I feel their story deserves a much more in depth look. Impossible to tell the tragedy of the Von Erichs in just 2 hours. The Iron Claw did as well as you could expect though

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Bikeriders 4 of 10.

An amazing cast makes what was a pretty uninteresting movie watchable. Crazy how critics were fawning over this. Its almost like the anti Scorsese film.

I feel there was a very interesting story to be told (fictionalized rise of the Outlaw MC), that was done in the style of a 9th grade history paper
Agreed

I kept waiting, waiting, waiting - expecting more and then it was over. Not a great way to watch a movie. The one part that is memorable is Jodie Comer....she's a pretty talented actress.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed

I kept waiting, waiting, waiting - expecting more and then it was over. Not a great way to watch a movie. The one part that is memorable is Jodie Comer....she's a pretty talented actress.
She is. I think Michael Shannon was amazing too. If you like Comer, you should check out The Last Duel. Amazing film and she is great in it.

She'll have several Academy Award nominations before she is done

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Alien Romulus. 7/10. Good acting, but the plot was too safe, with too many throwbacks to the previous movies. Would have been cool to do a more unique take, but it was entertaining.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Both are kind of twisted.
Both are kind of slow and lower budget.
However both kept my attention and for never hearing
of either I thought they were ok.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Both are kind of twisted.
Both are kind of slow and lower budget.
However both kept my attention and for never hearing
of either I thought they were ok.

I saw Oddity last night. Pretty good. It seems like it was a longer version of an episode of Tales From the Crypt.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Milk & Serial

Watched this last night, it's a free movie on YouTube that's been getting a lot of buzz. A couple young comedians wrote and directed and self produced a low budget horror flick, for their YouTube channel. I do mean low budget, the hour long movie had a budget of a whooping $800.....lol. This a found footage horror flick and really, the low budget helps give it a feel of authenticity. The movie is a bout a couple of friends that have a channel on YouTube and post prank videos. It's actually pretty good, the low budget makes it feel almost real and there's a real creepiness to it and by the end made me wonder how much was acting and how much closer to their real life.......lol. It's a pretty impressive effort considering it had no budget and just a bunch of friends making a video, I'd like to see what they could do with a budget, even a modest one. 7.5/10

Longlegs

Another low budget, but huge in comparison to "Milk & Serial", horror flick that stars Nicholas Cage. It's about a young FBI agent tracking a serial killer that has been stalking children. It has a little bit of a retro vibe to it and kinda felt a little like movie from A24. Cage is barely recognizable with the hair and makeup for this role, but he does a good job with being twisted and creepy. It does have an eerie feel to it, but kinda wanted more from it and a little better pacing, but overall I still enjoyed it. 6.5/10

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Milk & Serial

Watched this last night, it's a free movie on YouTube that's been getting a lot of buzz. A couple young comedians wrote and directed and self produced a low budget horror flick, for their YouTube channel. I do mean low budget, the hour long movie had a budget of a whooping $800.....lol. This a found footage horror flick and really, the low budget helps give it a feel of authenticity. The movie is a bout a couple of friends that have a channel on YouTube and post prank videos. It's actually pretty good, the low budget makes it feel almost real and there's a real creepiness to it and by the end made me wonder how much was acting and how much closer to their real life.......lol. It's a pretty impressive effort considering it had no budget and just a bunch of friends making a video, I'd like to see what they could do with a budget, even a modest one. 7.5/10

Longlegs

Another low budget, but huge in comparison to "Milk & Serial", horror flick that stars Nicholas Cage. It's about a young FBI agent tracking a serial killer that has been stalking children. It has a little bit of a retro vibe to it and kinda felt a little like movie from A24. Cage is barely recognizable with the hair and makeup for this role, but he does a good job with being twisted and creepy. It does have an eerie feel to it, but kinda wanted more from it and a little better pacing, but overall I still enjoyed it. 6.5/10
Longlegs seemed to be a lower budget stripped down version of silence of the lambs minus Hannibal Lecter. A poor distant relative of Silence of the Lambs lol

jsb357

Reaction score
Triple Cross

A 1966 film about a bank robber coerced by the ****'s to become a spy
for them back in his home country of England.

Given the "age" of the film I would still give it a 7 out of 10.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hell or High Water
Been a little while since I watched it, but I love it everytime.
Kind of slow gritty movie but it is so good imo.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire - I didn't hate this movie as much as I was expecting. It was surprisingly entertaining, despite the plot being a little cheesy (no spoilers here). The special effects were mostly impressive, the acting was solid, and the pacing kept things moving. So, a great movie? No. An entertaining movie? I thought so. I have always had a soft spot for Kong though.

Also, for some reason, the pilot of that flying machine reminded me of Mike McCarthy. :laugh: