Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Can we get back any cap money on Clinton-Dix if we release him or nah?

I was jacked about the idea of an Earl Thomas + HaHa safety tandem, but if the reports are true that Woods has been better and HaHa has struggled, I would guess Thomas takes HaHa’s spot.

Plankton

Reaction score

I was jacked about the idea of an Earl Thomas + HaHa safety tandem, but if the reports are true that Woods has been better and HaHa has struggled, I would guess Thomas takes HaHa’s spot.

Only if he were to commit a crime, or go Earl Thomas on a Cowboy teammate, and possibly not even then.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is because he was one of the leaders. Everett McIver had to find out the hard way.
That was next to last year of his career. Again he was never a rock ‘n’ roll culture issue type of guy

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This would more than make up for the McCoy loss. With secondary and safety being our biggest weakness, this would solidify everything back there. I will actually take that trade off.
It was a big weakness. I think Clinton Dix and Xavier woods as long as they stay healthy will be a good tandem. This would just be a cherry on top but not necessary

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why would they have to trade for him? Didn't Ravens cut him out right?
They released him. I’m not positive it’s the same thing as cutting ties completely. I think it has to do with him willing to relinquish his current contract. You have to love the collective Bargaining agreement

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
True. He brought competitiveness and a hard work ethic. I was referring to when he stabbed a player with scissors over a haircut. A lesser player would have been arrested and cut. I am sure that incident did not go well with the locker room. I am pretty sure there were probably more incidents but players let the star players do stuff.
That was way towards the end of his career. And it was Emmett that instigated that issue actually.

quickccc

Reaction score
Assuming we somehow sign Earl Thomas, could we be looking at a starting lineup such as:

FS - Earl Thomas
SS - Ha Ha Clinton Dix ?
LCB - Awuzie
RCB - Brown

3rd CB - Worley ?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lost a step yet would be better than any FS we have
I happen to disagree. I think Clinton Dix in the woods. I’m every bit as good just don’t have the reputation. I’ll take the youth. With coaching that’s the difference

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Assuming we somehow sign Earl Thomas, could we be looking at a starting lineup such as:

FS - Earl Thomas
SS - Ha Ha Clinton Dix ?
LCB - Awuzie
RCB - Brown

3rd CB - Worley ?
Woods is awesome right now playing extremely well . We finally have coaching. I think it’s an unnecessary other than rotation

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It was a big weakness. I think Clinton Dix and Xavier woods as long as they stay healthy will be a good tandem. This would just be a cherry on top but not necessary

Nothing special at all about Woods. And he will be gone next season. So getting a pro bowl type leader and ballhawk like Thomas would be much needed. Put some fear at the back end of the defense. Now Ha ha can ball hawk playing center field which he is good at.

Woods and Dix is ho hum. Thomas and Dix is one of the better tandems in the NFL. Quite a jump.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Eat $2.25 and get back $1.5 (contract is $3.75)

Rayman70

Reaction score
THIS IS A YOUNG MANS GAME. 31 OR 32 is starting to get long in the tooth at safety. Ha Ha to me, doesn't get enough love. Remember, he is a MM draft pick. Dunno how MM views him. Guess we are about to find out.

Plankton

Reaction score
That was way towards the end of his career. And it was Emmett that instigated that issue actually.

No he didn't. I don't think Emmitt Smith was even in the room.

What happened was that McIver was waiting on line to get his haircut. The person getting their hair cut ahead of him finished, and McIver got in the chair. Irvin then came in the room, and said "Seniority!" McIver didn't get out of the chair. Irvin called him a scrub, and told him to get out of the chair, he's calling seniority. Erik Williams told McIver to not get out of the chair. Irvin put his hands on McIver, and McIver punched Irvin in the face. Irvin then lost his religion, and grabbed a pair of scissors and stabbed him.

Emmitt Smith had zero to do with it.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No he didn't. I don't think Emmitt Smith was even in the room.

What happened was that McIver was waiting on line to get his haircut. The person getting their hair cut ahead of him finished, and McIver got in the chair. Irvin then came in the room, and said "Seniority!" McIver didn't get out of the chair. Irvin called him a scrub, and told him to get out of the chair, he's calling seniority. Erik Williams told McIver to not get out of the chair. Irvin put his hands on McIver, and McIver punched Irvin in the face. Irvin then lost his religion, and grabbed a pair of scissors and stabbed him.

Emmitt Smith had zero to do with it.
Read the book. Emitt said are you gonna let this guy get away with that.Boys will be boys

Plankton

Reaction score
Read the book. Emitt said are you gonna let this guy get away with that.

I read the book - Emmitt Smith had nothing to do with the incident whatsover. I don't even know whether he was in the room.

Calling someone an instigator when Irvin stabbed someone is rich. What Irvin did, he owns all on his own.