Twitter: Ravens moving on from Earl Thomas, Cowboys most likely suitor

quickccc

Reaction score
Woods is awesome right now playing extremely well . We finally have coaching. I think it’s an unnecessary other than rotation

Nothing special at all about Woods. And he will be gone next season. So getting a pro bowl type leader and ballhawk like Thomas would be much needed. Put some fear at the back end of the defense. Now Ha ha can ball hawk playing center field which he is good at.

Woods and Dix is ho hum. Thomas and Dix is one of the better tandems in the NFL. Quite a jump.

yeh.. i'm not hearing any raves or stand out reviews from Xavier Woods or Clinton Dix right now, ..maybe it's harder to gauge grades
and reviews from the safety role.

Clinton Dix has tackling issues. He's known to have wrap techniques throughout his career, he turns sidelines in meeting tacklers on and several offensive players bounce right off of him.

Tackling seems to be an issue with Woods as well, he shows some man coverage skills but he doesn't show up enough, there are times where he is either out of position, or doesn't make the play when he does get in position (dropped INTs)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
THIS IS A YOUNG MANS GAME. 31 OR 32 is starting to get long in the tooth at safety. Ha Ha to me, doesn't get enough love. Remember, he is a MM draft pick. Dunno how MM views him. Guess we are about to find out.

Thomas is the PERFECT SS to tandem with Ha ha on the back end. Two ball hawking safeties and a guy like Thomas to lay the wood. Combined with our newfound stellar pass rush and its looking good.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Assuming we somehow sign Earl Thomas, could we be looking at a starting lineup such as:

FS - Earl Thomas
SS - Ha Ha Clinton Dix ?
LCB - Awuzie
RCB - Brown

3rd CB - Worley ?

Still underwhelming, and no idea why you suggest HHCD over Woods, and why Worley would start.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Woods is a JAG all the way. Ha ha has some ball hawk in him and does have toughness and tackling issued. But in a tandem with Thomas is would be amazing.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
yeh.. i'm not hearing any raves or stand out reviews from Xavier Woods or Clinton Dix right now, ..maybe it's harder to gauge grades

Clinton Dix has tackling issues. He's known to have wrap techniques throughout his career, he turns sidelines in meeting tacklers on and several offensive players bounce right off of him.

Tackling seems to be an issue with Woods as well, he shows some man coverage skills but he doesn't show up enough, there are times where he is either out of position, or doesn't make the play when he does get in position (dropped INTs)
You’re not reading the right information then

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I can’t believe everything cowboy Ron says.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Woods is a nobody and a done nothing. Ha has has been to a pro bowl and actually makes plays on the ball.

HHCD is a nobody being outplayed by Darian Thompson, and was straight garbage last season while Woods was not.

HHCD hasn't done anything in a long time. Read up on the topic.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No he didn't. I don't think Emmitt Smith was even in the room.

What happened was that McIver was waiting on line to get his haircut. The person getting their hair cut ahead of him finished, and McIver got in the chair. Irvin then came in the room, and said "Seniority!" McIver didn't get out of the chair. Irvin called him a scrub, and told him to get out of the chair, he's calling seniority. Erik Williams told McIver to not get out of the chair. Irvin put his hands on McIver, and McIver punched Irvin in the face. Irvin then lost his religion, and grabbed a pair of scissors and stabbed him.

Emmitt Smith had zero to do with it.
You know I read that book so long ago. I apologize I think I’m wrong. But make no mistake about it Michael Irvin was not an issue in the locker room

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I read the book - Emmitt Smith had nothing to do with the incident whatsover. I don't even know whether he was in the room.

Calling someone an instigator when Irvin stabbed someone is rich. What Irvin did, he owns all on his own.
I had to reread it just now. Again 60 years of football I can’t remember everything.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you suggesting that Woods is better than Thomas?
Right now age for age youth for age yeah I am. I think we’re just going to have a great season if he can stay healthy. It’s been his only issue Especially if you take the dollars into account. What maybe one more pass break up. Possibly. Plus woods Is a strong safety