RB Dalvin Cook signs with the Baltimore Ravens

nathanlt

Reaction score
I think that this is a 50/50 chance that Dalvin is a bust or an average or above average addition. I think that the Ravens not only were motivated to get him, but also to keep away from other SB contenders. In that sense, it was a good move... unless Dalvin is a bust, of course.

I like how Sarodorick breaks tackles with consistency, it is hard to believe that he was only drafted this year. Question: Who on the Saints outperforms this guy to get him cut? Alvin Kamara and who else?

I'm hopeful for the RB position. Also hoping that Leupke works on the handoff exchange, and is utilized. So long to Deuce Vaughn, I had high hopes for him, although I wanted Abanikanda instead.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
This kind of thinking keeps you from getting better. It might prove to be true, but why not try? It's not like you have to cut Pollard and Dowdle to make room for him or even play him if he's not better. Our running game has been suspect to poor, so I'd be throwing every dart at it I can until one connects.
I watched numeorus early Jets games, you don't think Dallas did..... Cook has lost a step and doesn't have a burst anymore, just like with Zeke for the last two years here but people refuse to look objectively..The problem in the running game is three fold, Steele has been dreadful, Biadasz isn't far behind with his play in the run game and IMO, Mike Solari was a terrible hire as the Oline coach..

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cook to Ravens made too much sense to everyone involved.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Meh. He's lost a step and what decent speed he had left this year. Cowboys talked to him but decided against signing him for a reason.
Yes. Has lost a step.
My guess is that he went to the better fit. Not sure we offered, but if we did, I assumed all along that he would go to the Ravens if they also offered. Makes too much sense.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Jerry Jones did not think of Dalvin Cook before and after the trade deadline. Cook plays the wrong position.
It looks like not trading for Dalvin Cook before the trade deadline was a good choice. It would have been a waste of resources. He is obviously a cheap pick up at this point, but who knows if he ever considered Dallas as an option.

Ravens have lost 2 running backs to injury this season and have little used Melvin Gordon still on their roster.

joseephuss

Reaction score
lol so if Pollard or Dowdle get injured or both, then we're completely screwed.

I don't understand what the front office does during the regular season. Does any attempt at real talent evaluation or roster improvement go on?
Most playoff teams would be screwed if their top two running backs got injured this late in the season.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Does this mean Melvin Gordon gets the boot? Is he still on the Ravens’ roster? I glanced and I thought I saw he had 63 yards so far.

Doomsay

Reaction score
They could have picked him up off waivers , no?

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I watched numeorus early Jets games, you don't think Dallas did..... Cook has lost a step and doesn't have a burst anymore, just like with Zeke for the last two years here but people refuse to look objectively..The problem in the running game is three fold, Steele has been dreadful, Biadasz isn't far behind with his play in the run game and IMO, Mike Solari was a terrible hire as the Oline coach..
I don't absolve the line, neither do I absolve the backs. Not saying Cook is the answer, but signing him wasn't going to hurt anything. Either he can't beat out who we've got or he does. Very little risk involved. Our running game isn't working as well as we want, so take a shot at improving it.

Baltimore, a contending team, maybe even the top one, did just this. They took a shot at improving by signing Cook., knowing that it was a low-risk venture. I applaud our team for bringing in Collins and Wilson. It is at least not just sitting on its hands, but our running game has been one of the few glitches for the offense, so I would throw as many darts as I could and see if any of them stick.

Mannix

Reaction score
He's clearly not the guy of old and he's clearly not some needle mover like a McCaffery is at the TB spot, but I'd be curious to get inside the heads of the Cowboys front office and see if they had genuine interest.

Because Pollard and Dowdle just aren't good enough IMO. And if one gets hurt, whew boy.
They only had a "public" interest...we like our overpaid and under performing guys...Head Coach included.