Re-signing Randy Gregory will be yet another FA mistake by the Front-Office

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What have we won with Dlaw? 0. Their have been multiple games where hes invisible. Same with Randy. Micah is the reason...NOT THEM.
well hell... what have we won with Cooper? Zeke? Mike? Quinn? Martin? get rid of them all and bring in some proven winners... like Mike...lol

MyFairLady

Reaction score
His comps are about $13.5M per year.

That is what it will likely take.
Not really sure there are comps. Only in Dallas can someone have a 6 year career like Randy. If you pay him 13.5M you are paying him on what you hope he can do not what he has shown he can do.

quickccc

Reaction score
Not sure if my facts are accurate, but I was listening to Cavanaugh yesterday and he made it seem like cutting D-Law wouldn't really save the team anything. The best way to utilize D-Law and that awful contract is to try and restructure, but cutting him wouldn't really make sense. It isn't a great situation, but it could def be worse (see: Elliot, Ezekiel). At least D-Law is still a good-to-great D-Lineman when healthy. Can't really say the same for Zeke anymore and it makes me sad as heyll to say that :(:(:(...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/demarcus-lawrence-14443/

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People talk about him like he’s double digit sack guy every year. He has 16.5 career sacks. He’s been in the league for 7 years…Bruce Smiths record is safe from him.

dckid

Reaction score
Re-signing this guy to a market value contract will be a huge mistake. Dude is too inconsistent, commits boneheaded penalties, and is totally unreliable.

Unless he wants to come back for the minimum, move on. Giving him a big contract would be along the lines of the Jaylon Smith, Demarcus Lawerence, and Nolan Caroll.

Dude has been in the league for 7 years and has 16.5 sacks (yes i know he has missed some seasons). Id much rather give whatever he is slated to make to Von Miller, but we knoM

Move on

My concern with him is the off the field stuff. He is very likely to screw up again or relapse. The NFL hasnt changed the marijuana rules so it is what it is.
I would not overpay him, but I think he has more upside than Lawrence.

bewp7

Reaction score
u right about that probly

he can be good when he does play and not comitting 50 pelanties by himself but he is either hirt or suspended most of the time

hard to trust him!!!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I can't see him getting a long term deal or anything close to a market setting contract. Clowney signed a 1 year 8 million deal last offseason. He's a talented player that had injury/availability concerns too, but he's proven more productive than Gregory has over his career. I think that contract is a good bar for a Gregory too and I just can't see him getting something like Quinn did from the Bears.

jnday

Reaction score
Pass rush wise they are similar players. Decent amount of pressure with a handful of sacks. Anthony Spencer was 10x the run defender than Randy is. When Anthony was good (2009-2012) he averaged 68 tackles per year. Randy is no where even close to this level of run defender. Although some people on this board would have you believe that a DE is not supposed to get tackles.
Spencer was a better player than DLaw as well. Spencer would be the best DL on this team.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
3 years? Nope. 2 is a maybe
I'm not as concerned with these contracts because the Cowboys and the NFL have shown you can sign a guy and get from out in front of it. Can Gregory play right now? Do you expect him to play at a high level for the next 3 years? If the answer is yes then you resign him.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Randy is a good pass rusher entering FA, so that makes him highly paid and priced out of Dallas. Save money and add a compensation pick.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Folks gearing up for the inevitable, "greedy, ungrateful bastid" chant to Gregory on the way out if he leaves. Been saying all along it's coming.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Surprised he hasn’t already gotten contract offers.. We can’t afford him..

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Re-signing this guy to a market value contract will be a huge mistake. Dude is too inconsistent, commits boneheaded penalties, and is totally unreliable.

Unless he wants to come back for the minimum, move on. Giving him a big contract would be along the lines of the Jaylon Smith, Demarcus Lawerence, and Nolan Caroll.

Dude has been in the league for 7 years and has 16.5 sacks (yes i know he has missed some seasons). Id much rather give whatever he is slated to make to Von Miller, but we know this FO doesnt believe in bringing in high priced FAs, just to turn around and overpay our overrated players.

Move on
Dude isn't signing here or anywhere else for a minimal contract.