*** Read This! Welcome To The New Cowboyszone! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I love it. Especially on the phone which is where Im on the net the most. Great job

Little Jr

Reaction score
Wow just noticed you can like post now and it shows which threads you have commented on. Awesome

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It would be nice to get the you tube thing working like the old site.

Now, none of the you tube vids work.

I'm sure that I will like this format in time, but it does not feel as user friendly as the old site.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Feels strange at the moment yet very clean. It'll take some time for me to feel comfy. Thanks for all the hard work you are doing. I wanted to give you five spinning stars but don't know how. It's the thought that counts right?

jubal

Reaction score
Welcome to the new CowboysZone!

I still have a TON of work to do so please be patient! I have a LOT of tweaking left to do with the colors, images, etc.

I decided to go ahead and put the site online while I am still working on several areas so keep that in mind as you use the site! I will post more information later when I have time.

Please post any comments, bugs, etc. in this thread!

/reality[/
Never seen anything like it,I will with hold judgement until I see if I can navigate my way through it.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I thought the old site looked pretty sharp... less is more. This new software seems a little busy, not to rain on your parade or anything. Also, my avatar looks like pixelated garbage now.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be nice to get the you tube thing working like the old site.

Now, none of the you tube vids work.

I'm sure that I will like this format in time, but it does not feel as user friendly as the old site.
He's still tweaking some things...which probably includes the youtube tags and whatnot. He had a lot of customizations on the old site and I'm sure it's going to take awhile to get them running similarly on the new platform.

I think it would be great if everyone could continue to note which features they liked and which features aren't working for them.

I had an issue with trying to get the site to run on IE10...and it turns out that all I had to do was turn off compatibility mode. Sooo, simple things like that may help others as they get used to the site.

One thing I'm trying to find is how to adjust my thread settings so that I can get back to 40 posts per page. This 15 post per page sucks.. :(

Kilyin

Reaction score
He's still tweaking some things...which probably includes the youtube tags and whatnot. He had a lot of customizations on the old site and I'm sure it's going to take awhile to get them running similarly on the new platform.

I think it would be great if everyone could continue to note which features they liked and which features aren't working for them.

I had an issue with trying to get the site to run on IE10...and it turns out that all I had to do was turn off compatibility mode. Sooo, simple things like that may help others as they get used to the site.

One thing I'm trying to find is how to adjust my thread settings so that I can get back to 40 posts per page. This 15 post per page sucks.. :(

IE10, lol.

And from a brief search, there doesn't appear to be a way to adjust posts per page (user configurable, anyway) in XenForo. That would be a dealbreaker for me.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IE10, lol.

And from a brief search, there doesn't appear to be a way to adjust posts per page (user configurable, anyway) in XenForo. That would be a dealbreaker for me.

Whatever.. I like IE. Lol. But I do use Firefox, as well.

Who knows that might be one of those things Reality has to tweak..

And I just checked a thread that had a vid, it looks like the youtube tags do work.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Looks like the way you post youtube videos change. Now you use the entire URL.

Kilyin

Reaction score

And I just checked a thread that had a vid, it looks like the youtube tags do work.

I used IE in the past because I had to support it. The main reason I stopped using it is because it had a memory leak. Open up a large number of tabs, and it starts using obscene amounts of memory. Did they fix that yet? I like Chrome too much to switch back now anyway.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
IE10, lol.

Oh, I have no doubt that Reality will get this new format working better than it is.

Another thing that I don't really like is that the old forum used to have a "green light" to users that were online at the moment, not I have to look at the home page to see who is reading.

And, also, the back button on posts. If I see a post from "user 1" that "user 2" responded to, I cannot go back in time to see what was going on in the conversation unless I scroll through the whole thread to find what was being said to each other..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Go look at my thread in the Off Topic Forum about Music videos. How is that going to be fixed?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I used IE in the past because I had to support it. The main reason I stopped using it is because it had a memory leak. Open up a large number of tabs, and it starts using obscene amounts of memory. Did they fix that yet? I like Chrome too much to switch back now anyway.

I would never use anything else but Google Chrome.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure, but I don't think so... but that's why I also use FireFox. Certain sites run better on Firefox than IE. And some sites I just like seeing on IE more than FireFox.

Status
Not open for further replies.