Reality check for the Jaylon Smith/LVE experiment

black label

Reaction score
I love all the koolaids making fun of me cause I was dumping on lve. Calling me a couch potato coach. Looks like lve is the real potato

And this year he was going to run tubes down his pants to protect himself from hits rofl
What a bust

Sydla

Reaction score
not gonna lie looking at Jaylon jump around blockers in the run game in pretty bad. Not sure why he jumps around so much. You have zero leverage when your airbone.

He often looks like he has ants in his pants. Even when just lining up at times, he's bouncing around.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
All you had to say was scrap the lb core and I’m good with that.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
I still remember last year when the cowboys
Played the Vikings and CJ ham had a huge block on jaylon that allowed dalvin cook to run
For a touchdown.Its frustrating that the cowboys will likely have to use more draft picks to address the linebacker position .

kwcool619

Reaction score
I think he is a great athlete. He actually seems to be fully recovered from the injury. He just has no football instincts. I guess he could hide that in college.

Last year, I came to the realization that Jaylen needs to be on a team that is very disciplined. Dallas isn't it. I believe he can be a part of a good and deep defensive team, especially in a blitz package. The question: Is he teachable?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
It’s disappointing where this unit is when thinking about the high level of play we saw 3 years ago. We all saw the below average play last night with the. added injury as icing on the cake. Hope someone steps up.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
First, Jaylon may be the most over hyped guy at his position that the Cowboys ever had. Maybe more than Hollywood Henderson, but at least he made plays and was actually very good,all for a short time. When is it fair to say the Jaylon Smith story should be over here in Dallas? What has he actually done to make plays in crucial moments? Lets have this debate. Should we trade him..cut bait?LVE...CAN WE ALL just be real and say this is a failed venture? He is always hurt...he is Sean Lee junior and that is not a good thing. Can we all admit our linebackers stink? LVE when healthy is our best..but key phrase...when healthy. Lee is all but toast. and when Thomas is your best LB, you know we got issues at that position. When is it time to start Francis Bernard and go with new blood?Lets have a real conversation about this.

What makes you think that Jaylon Smith/LVE was and experiment..With your logic, it seems you are referencing to the fact that Smith/LVE was and experiment from the beginning..Hog Wash Man..15 games to go Man..It looks like you're in for long season with your nonsense..

Cmac

Reaction score
Lee is still our best LB and it’s not even close, can’t wait for the 4 games he’ll come back for before getting hurt again. LVE might never be the same as his rookie year and Smith is always out of position
.....Lee holding onto a position, part of the problem.....he's JWitt 2.0....it's over.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I think L Collins was JJ's best gamble. Its hard to resist a bargain, but sometimes there is a reason bargains are there that no one else wants to take a gamble with. JJ's success rate isn't very good with his gambling and risk taking but he does score a hit or two.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
He's not right. Not even close.

Jaylon Smith was 4th in the NFL in unassisted tackles last season. He was 1st in tackle assists - in the entire league.

Just a bunch belly-aching about everything today - cut everybody! Trade everybody! :muttley:

I assume you're trolling? If you can watch Jaylon Smith play Sunday night and not come away with anything other than "holy ****, that guy isn't very good at football", then I don't know if we're watching the same game. He was awful and McVay consistently attacks him in his gameplans. He knows how vulnerable he is and insists on going right at him whether it's on the ground or through the air.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
At least Lee is actually good when he’s healthy.

LVE and Jaylon were anointed last year and have been horrible ever since.

# of tackles do not make you a good player. So don’t come at me with total tackles as a case to prove Jaylon is good. Jaylon is not good.

Total tackles as an argument is legitimately laughably misinformed :lmao::lmao::lmao:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is the scariest thing from week 1.
La'el will be back.

Dallas needs to move Jaylon back to MLB (who thought he was a WIll??) and go sign a Will today.
LVE has to be considered done.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I assume you're trolling? If you can watch Jaylon Smith play Sunday night and not come away with anything other than "holy ****, that guy isn't very good at football", then I don't know if we're watching the same game. He was awful and McVay consistently attacks him in his gameplans. He knows how vulnerable he is and insists on going right at him whether it's on the ground or through the air.
Sunday night he was horrid.
He has not been horrid like Cowboys fans pretend weekly.

McVay puts all 11 guys inside the hashes and creates a mess that Jaylon and most other LB can't navigate.
At least Jaylon makes it through the fricking games. Lee and LVE don't even do that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There’s a really long article on Jaylon from the Athletic in which they interview the people closest to him (eg. trainer, manager, family, etc.).

It’s pretty informative. One thing that is discussed is Jaylon still has issues with the foot. And per his trainer (who is also his cousin) he doesn’t have full dorsiflexion in his foot.

“The greatest culprit is residual damage in his peroneal nerve, which manifests as weakness in his foot. From what he’s observed, Kelly believes the tell-tale sign lies in Smith’s explosion. While the sideline-to-sideline movement “looked like the old Jaylon,” he doesn’t have quite the same burst starting and stopping. Smith, ever adaptable, has learned how to thrive in spite of that.”

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
There’s a really long article on Jaylon from the Athletic in which they interview the people closest to him (eg. trainer, manager, family, etc.).

It’s pretty informative. One thing that is discussed is Jaylon still has issues with the foot. And per his trainer (who is also his cousin) he doesn’t have full dorsiflexion in his foot.

“The greatest culprit is residual damage in his peroneal nerve, which manifests as weakness in his foot. From what he’s observed, Kelly believes the tell-tale sign lies in Smith’s explosion. While the sideline-to-sideline movement “looked like the old Jaylon,” he doesn’t have quite the same burst starting and stopping. Smith, ever adaptable, has learned how to thrive in spite of that.”
can you provide a link...or provide more of the text of the article? Thanks!

lukin2006

Reaction score
Smith is a bum. How did anyone figure he would have gone early in round 1 if not for his injury...yeah right.