Reality with Daks contract

Nav22

Reaction score
Garbage stats and polls......the Dak lovers have hit the bottom of the barrel!

In the meantime look at Dak's way who has left you guys out to dry with his dismal performances against real teams!!

P.S. Now tell us how great of a guy he is and a leader next to none baby!!!:muttley:
You should know that you’re considered a joke here.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Dak continues to play great football like he has the last few years, he will get it no problem.

We going to cut Micah Parsons too because the rest of the team sucks?

That's what teams do on a rebuild. Thru trade their star players. Our run D sucked. But our offense had trouble scoring against better teams. You can't just say our offense is great because we put up 200 points on Washington and Philly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You know if this site banned Dak threads PappyDog would have nothing to say. Same with a couple of others around here. If you are not winning championships it has to be because the QB, these people are clueless when it comes to football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know if this site banned Dak threads PappyDog would have nothing to say. Same with a couple of others around here. If you are not winning championships it has to be because the QB, these people are clueless when it comes to football.
This isn’t just about clueless fans . This is apparently about an intentional effort to troll and incite Cowboy fans about their QB from most likely rival team fans posing as disgruntled Cowboy fans .

Most true Cowboy fans see we have many more concerns than just at QB which is preventing our franchise from more success . The fact they place all of the blame on our QB is a Red Flag.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I mean if you can upgrade do anytime, thats what is always funny about this argument to me...No doubt there are some better QB's ...but can you get them or are you just changing QB's hoping the outcome is diferent?
I'm more concerned about the next transition at the position. They aren't easy to find.

They are never ahead of anything.....every offseason is about fixing what went wrong the previous season.

Are they going to hope to use a 4th rounder on one and have him start the following year, or are they counting on Dak winning over the next three years in order to justify bringing him back at a significantly higher rate?

I have no problem with Dak, but if the upcoming draft is rich with QBs, it's time to think about getting that player in here so he can sit and learn for a bit.

But....we don't hurt anyone's feelings, so it's probably a matter of.....is the next QB situation going to be Stoerner/Wright, or Testaverde/Bledsoe?

I dont see them dealing multiple firsts for one.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the next transition at the position. They aren't easy to find.

They are never ahead of anything.....every offseason is about fixing what went wrong the previous season.

Are they going to hope to use a 4th rounder on one and have him start the following year, or are they counting on Dak winning over the next three years in order to justify bringing him back at a significantly higher rate?

I have no problem with Dak, but if the upcoming draft is rich with QBs, it's time to think about getting that player in here so he can sit and learn for a bit.

But....we don't hurt anyone's feelings, so it's probably a matter of.....is the next QB situation going to be Stoerner/Wright, or Testaverde/Bledsoe?

Next years draft could see as many as 6 QBs taken in the 1st round according to things I've read.

Hopefully we get one of em.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I say quite a bit here but your Dak love has you working with tunnel vision.....GL with that!:huh:

starfan1

Reaction score

I have no problem taking a QB high in fact I encourage it but if the season plays out and a glaring need arises QB dont need to be first pick

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We will and let these Dak dreamers dream on I guess.......
You know as well as I know that when Dak is replaced they will fall in love with the new guy and talk about how crappy Dak is compared to him.

That's how these types of fans operate.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I say quite a bit here but your Dak love has you working with tunnel vision.....GL with that!:huh:

Dak love? I think there are a group of QB within the NFL capable of leading their team to a SB, I think Dak is one of them. Never have claimed Dak is the best or elite but he falls into the 2nd tier which includes a lot of QB Stafford included who are capable of winning it all. Fact is you don't open you mouth unless it is a Dak thread leading me to believe you don't know jack about this game, you prove that every day with your with your entire focus around QB as if that is the only position on a football team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any franchise would be smart to invest drafting a quarterback routinely. Annually would not be practical but every two or three years should be considered.

Given Jerry Jones' decades old track record (even into the Will McClay era), the likelihood of the front office drafting a quarterback above the mid-rounds is small. The pattern has been established during the Troy Aikman, Tony Romo and (thus far) Dak Prescott eras.

The probability is high that the franchise might draft a quarterback in the third, fourth or fifth round. The question is whether there are any viable candidates with the potential to become much more than their draft grade?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You know as well as I know that when Dak is replaced they will fall in love with the new guy and talk about how crappy Dak is compared to him.

That's how these types of fans operate.

I hope who ever takes on the QB spot after Dak is as good or better than Dak. My interest is seeing this team win to see quality players added to this team. You don't know **** about any of us, you throw your crap out there as if we are all the same or think the same. You don't know a damn thing. Just a loud mouth.,

fivetwos

Reaction score
Next years draft could see as many as 6 QBs taken in the 1st round according to things I've read.

Hopefully we get one of em.
I agree, although I'm pretty sure for different reasons lol.

I'm not necessarily unhappy with Dak, but let's say he doesnt get past the division round before this deal is up. Do you bring him back at a crazy high rate for years 10+? If not you'd better have plan B in place or it could be some very dark years in between.

But....I don't see them operating this way.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I have no problem taking a QB high in fact I encourage it but if the season plays out and a glaring need arises QB dont need to be first pick
Yep, at least get a candidate for an alternative in here or the agent is going to beat them up yet again.

Next year might be slightly soon, but if it's a QB stacked draft.....that could be the time.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I hope who ever takes on the QB spot after Dak is as good or better than Dak. My interest is seeing this team win to see quality players added to this team. You don't know **** about any of us, you throw your crap out there as if we are all the same or think the same. You don't know a damn thing. Just a loud mouth.,
Just as good? What do you have against winning?

You should always want and expect better.

That's pretty weak and your very emotional reaction to something that wasn't even about you specifically speaks volumes.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I agree, although I'm pretty sure for different reasons lol.

I'm not necessarily unhappy with Dak, but let's say he doesnt get past the division round before this deal is up. Do you bring him back at a crazy high rate for years 10+? If not you'd better have plan B in place or it could be some very dark years in between.

But....I don't see them operating this way.
Do I bring him back? No.

Does Jerry bring him back? Of course.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro will never intentionally draft a heir apparent . He wouldn’t want the QB controversy .

He stated as such in 2014 when he dismissed the notion he was interested in drafting Manziel. That he wouldn’t draft Romo’s replacement until Romo retired. Despite publicly showing interest to fuel hype in case he had to pass on him.

Cowboy fans all too often forget there’s usually a greater or bigger agenda at play with our dysfunctional ownership.

That said he could draft a middle rounder for a backup that could turn out to be a future starter. But it would never be intentional strategy . The Romo/ Dak decision is one he will make every effort to stay away from. It places him in a position to be wrong.

Unfortunately in order to forsee Cowboys decisions we must lower ourself into how our owners mind operates and what is best for him , not necessarily Cowboys Football.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just as good? What do you have against winning?

You should always want and expect better.

That's pretty weak and your very emotional reaction to something that wasn't even about you specifically speaks volumes.

I do want to see this team win and yes I think Dak can help them achieve just that. As I said I think there are a group of QB in the league each very capable of winning but it takes more than just a QB.