ReDraft

stilltheguru

Reaction score
That’s a nice cherry you’ve picked there!
He had aj brown 31st. I could only imagine the REACHHHHHH talk if we had the 15th pick and took him. There's plenty more too. Like having kyler Murray 1 spot ahead of haskins. I have too many cherries

cnuball21

Reaction score
He had aj brown 31st. I could only imagine the REACHHHHHH talk if we had the 15th pick and took him. There's plenty more too. Like having kyler Murray 1 spot ahead of haskins. I have too many cherries
You know 31st is higher than where most had AJ Brown? He was widely considered a 2nd rounder so that’s actually a compliment to Dane…

But regardless the whole point of the consensus boards to me is there is a direct coorelation to hits on players we’ve drafted that are more so considered value picks.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You know 31st is higher than where most had AJ Brown? He was widely considered a 2nd rounder so that’s actually a compliment to Dane…

But regardless the whole point of the consensus boards to me is there is a direct coorelation to hits on players we’ve drafted that are more so considered value picks.
There's actually not but ok. You got it

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I think he can be a solid edge defender against the run but offers very little as a pass rusher outside.

Could he be good inside? Maybe…but rolling the dice and taking that risk in the 4th is way too early for me.
The difference in moving from DE to 3T isn't more difficult than moving from RG to LG, which you'd be doing with Torrence.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The difference in moving from DE to 3T isn't more difficult than moving from RG to LG, which you'd be doing with Torrence.
Ehhh…I’d disagree quite a bit with that.

Maybe not for him because he’s played there some as a rusher but for someone that hasn’t it’s a big move.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Ehhh…I’d disagree quite a bit with that.

Maybe not for him because he’s played there some as a rusher but for someone that hasn’t it’s a big move.
It's the same footwork and skillset. It's why you see guys like DLaw with their hand in the ground at 3T all the time in passrush groups.

The footwork and hand placement is entirely opposite from RG to LG. Torrence himself said he's a lot more confident at RG.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It's the same footwork and skillset. It's why you see guys like DLaw with their hand in the ground at 3T all the time in passrush groups.

The footwork and hand placement is entirely opposite from RG to LG. Torrence himself said he's a lot more confident at RG.
Sure, it’s one thing for a DE to kick inside and just pass rush as a nickel I’m just talking about a full time position switch.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Sure, it’s one thing for a DE to kick inside and just pass rush as a nickel I’m just talking about a full time position switch.
Well that's basically all he'd be doing there. Even against the run, setting the edge and claiming the b-gap are fundamentally the same thing. They aren't going to ask Fehoko to 2-gap.

They're going to want him to be Maliek Collins.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yep. Jane Slater just said on the NFL Network that LaPorta was their highest rated TE, so Buffalo didn’t come “steal” Kincaid from the Cowboys. They would have taken LaPorta over Kincaid if they went TE.

She said it came down to Mazi Smith, OL Bergeron, or LaPorta. They went with Mazi because the team has been needing a rock in the middle and have been wanting it since last year.
I think that Smith was the right way to go. They would have totally missed out on dtackle if they had passed on him. I like their overall draft and how it could come together for their team. Hopefully, they hit. If so, they will be at the top of the NFC. They have a shot. This group looks like they are ready to go to work and they don't have character concerns. At worst several of them should work out like they have in past years. At best they hit a home run.

rambo2

Reaction score
The FO's history with second round picks doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
Their overall history in all rounds inspires great confidence. Diggs was a great pick and Sam Williams has a shot at being good as was Lawrence. Their 5th and 6th round picks have been excellent in recent years. The bottom line is that they have been good at drafting which is why they were able to win 25 games over the last 2 years.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Well that's basically all he'd be doing there. Even against the run, setting the edge and claiming the b-gap are fundamentally the same thing. They aren't going to ask Fehoko to 2-gap.

They're going to want him to be Maliek Collins.
Yea I thought you meant like taking a DE that’s played nothing but DE their whole life and then moving over to full time 3T.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not hating the Mazi pick but Nolan was one of my sleeper picks for us at 26. Thinking he would have been a great edge for us.
I would have taken Torrence at 58 sooo fast. Not sure why they felt they needed to take a blocking TE that high instead of him. Time will tell who was right.
Love the Overshown pick. He was another I had my hopes up for us landing. He's a DQ special in the making.
Not upset about Fehoko either. I love fire eaters like him on the D front.
Deuce's story is awesome. Not sure how much he plays for us but great story.
He’s not just a blocking TE. He can do it all. What’s wrong with you people? Just making crap up, throwing it out there to see if it sticks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Do teams run consensus schemes? Are teams all looking for the same players at each position? When you answer both those questions with the true answer, you will understand why internet consensus rankings are meaningless to an individual team who has scouted and ranked every player according to their specific wants and needs. They know all the medicals and red flags. They know all their plans and options at each position. They have looked years down the road at cap hits and other various issues they may face at each position. They know what veterans are available and what salaries they want. They know all the trade talks they have had. You know none of these things. All you know is this player has this number next to his name so he would have been a better pick. Then you do that at each draft slot and think it makes you smarter than the people actually earning a living doing it. By your standards, Jerry should fire all the scouts, save all that money, and just watch the draft show and see who the consensus best available players are. If he always picked a player from that list, guys like you would proclaim it the best draft ever and every pick was the biggest steal of the draft!
:bow:

cnuball21

Reaction score
He’s not just a blocking TE. He can do it all. What’s wrong with you people? Just making crap up, throwing it out there to see if it sticks.
We’re talking about a 5th year senior who had 54 catches and 637 career years…5 years.

Kincaid had that in less than a full season.

I think it’s more fair to label his pass catching ability projection than to label him as a “do it all” TE.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We’re talking about a 5th year senior who had 54 catches and 637 career years…5 years.

Kincaid had that in less than a full season.

I think it’s more fair to label his pass catching ability projection than to label him as a “do it all” TE.
I think you need to go back to football 101 for housewives. Michigan is a running team, not a passing team.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think you need to go back to football 101 for housewives. Michigan is a running team, not a passing team.
Correct…which still makes his receiving ability projection.

I like the personal attack though for someone that doesn’t agree with you. Classy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Correct…which still makes his receiving ability projection.

I like the personal attack though for someone that doesn’t agree with you. Classy.
So what you’re saying is you think you know more than Will McClay. That deserves all kinds of attacks.