Releasing Jaylon and signing KJ Wright

Beaker42

Reaction score
Jaylon is not getting cut. Fans turned on him real quick as they do with any player. This board needs a whipping boy player to whine about, always.
Went from Heath to Jaylon. Who will be next or will they keep on whining about Jaylon.

And no to Wright, what sense will that make. Lose a young player that looked overweight last year, and pay an aging vet who will want to get paid also. No, you keep Jaylon and see what he does in the new scheme more suited to his play as well as the rest of the defense. Make him get in shape. And if the DL did their job, he would not have looked as he did at times.

I had to laugh, yet again about Jaylon posts. There is another thread about the salary cap. A post suggested to restructure like 7 players contract, but wanted to cut Jaylon, when his could be restructured as well.
We’ve turned on him because he sucks and looks like an idiot out there running around doing stupid stuff.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
So old the thought of it makes me sad. By all means get rid of J Smooth though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Certainly the right price is important. But you can't just dismiss every player because he's 32 years old, Wright played all 16 games the last two years, injury history has to be factored in...

OH not at all. But that injury history is what scares me...his body will break down at some point...could be this year or the next. I really have no issue with him. But if this team has "limited" resources.....I'd personally use those limited resources on the interior defensive line. If the pocket book is wide open though? I'd take a KJ Wright, a corner a safety and a DT please lol.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Stop posting thread titles as if they are happening. All you need to do is start it with "what if". That's not so hard to do folks.
You do realize that actual signings have a moderated tab, they are fairly easy to recognize and understand.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if they try to get Wright, if the price is right. Just because he might come cheap and he knows the scheme, but I don't think that's reliant on cutting Smith. They need more LB's period.

Right. Quinn is going to play more three-linebacker than Nolan did.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Can we have both? I mean it’s not like we’re in some sort of line backing surplus of talent over here

foofighters

Reaction score
Stop posting thread titles as if they are happening. All you need to do is start it with "what if". That's not so hard to do folks.
Don't tell me were actually fooled into thinking this was true? Plus, if people starting putting, "What if..." this board would have 75% of the first page labeled, "What if..."

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We are a long way from being a title contender.

No need for us to sign 32 year old linebackers.

Let a contender do that.
So true catch, but we are fans desperate for a discount, Jerry and Stephen have us trained that way.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They would improve this way simply by getting a linebacker off the field that avoids contact.

I'm not really into the idea of bringing a bunch of ex Quinn dudes in here....

One maybe, but I'm not sure that Wright is that guy.
Coaches always bring in former players to help with the transition

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We are a long way from being a title contender.

No need for us to sign 32 year old linebackers.

Let a contender do that.
You need veteran leadership around to help prospects learn and understand what it takes to be a professional

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You never know. I was much against signing Julius Peppers, when he was let go by the Bears, he was 33 years old. But he went to the Packers and had 37 sacks in the next 4 years, including 10.5 and 11 sack years, and then 11 with Carolina at age 37!

Wright had 132 tackles in 2019, only 2 years ago, so I'd not immediately discount him just due to being 32.

Besides, players take better care of themselves (or can do so) than years ago, I think we need to re-assess the "after 30 you're on the downside of your career" viewpoint, and that includes myself...
Just look at what Suh at 34 has done with the Bucs

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Do you know how much that 5th year option will be for LVE? I heard it will be lots of money because of his All-pro rookie season. I don’t think that would be smart idea. I think they might offer him a contract similar to Jaylon with solid guarantees but they can escape the contract in a few years. Wright is cooked. Jaylon played better then he did last season.
13 million

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can and should cut Jaylon but the environment that allows players to become entitled and delusional to their own play will still be here. We need self motivators. Dogs. Guys that just won't tolerate going through the motions to collect a check.

Give me that kind of player on defense and I don’t even care what position they play. Though I do think it works best if its a defensive lineman. Big men scare little men.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My dream scenario. Sign him to a 2 year deal and draft LB in the first 3/4 rounds and have him learn under KJ.
That’s my thinking. You need to surround quality veterans around your younger prospects. Teach them how to work, how to be professionals on and off the field

raven55

Reaction score
release jaylon he just can't read comic's much less a good offense, and don't sign a linebacker like KJ to a contract that wouldn't be a smart move he's over 30 years old think one injury and you've payed for a face on the sidelines remember Sean