Twitter: Remaining quarterbacks in the playoffs were 1st round picks except Brock Purdy

Hadenough

Reaction score
Explain to me how Nick Foles a career back up is a SB champion?
Because he was 6-6 and had a big arm and played over his head for 3 games. I think he had a 70 percent completion rate through the playoffs. He played like a top first round pick but just couldn't maintain it to have solid career as a starter. You have guys like that once in a while. You see how quickly the Eagles moved on from him. Jerry would of signed Foles to a ten year contract. Jerry doesn't know when to let go

Kwyn

Reaction score
I read here at the Zone that finding elite QBs is as easy as walking down the path and plucking one off of the Mahomesberry bush.

I wish Jerry would ask us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People trying to use tom Brady to justify Dak don't understand that Tom Brady was the exact opposite of Dak as a man.

Tom Brady took less money all his career and we know Dak considers himself a business/brand.

Tom Brady had the blls to thrive under severe criticism and ppl doubting him while Dak crumbles in high pressure situations.

Tom Brady went late in the draft because he was a mediocre talent, just like Dak. The difference is Tom Brady mentality is what made him the Goat.

Tom Brady was a bully kind of like Michael Jordan (last dance) and Dak is over here trying to give hugs and comprehension to his teammates lol

Terrible comparison.
I mean it’s all a terrible comparison. Just because you draft a first rounder doesn’t mean he will be Mahomes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because he was 6-6 and had a big arm and played over his head for 3 games. I think he had a 70 percent completion rate through the playoffs. He played like a top first round pick but just couldn't maintain it to have solid career as a starter. You have guys like that once in a while. You see how quickly the Eagles moved on from him. Jerry would of signed Foles to a ten year contract. Jerry doesn't know when to let go
Eagles moved off him because they had Wentz lol.

Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Eli Manning….but I know . You will makes for them because it’s easier for you to believe our issues are just qb related.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I read here at the Zone that finding elite QBs is as easy as walking down the path and plucking one off of the Mahomesberry bush.

If Jerry listens to these idiots he’d have Carson Wentz right now. Why? Becaus he’s 6-6 and throws a pretty spiral.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
I mean it’s all a terrible comparison. Just because you draft a first rounder doesn’t mean he will be Mahomes.
You're not wrong but imagine if people used the same logic for other positions.

"Let's never draft a first round CB because morris Claiborne was a bust"

"Never draft a NT in the 1st round because mazi smith was a bust, warren sapp was an afterthought let's hope we get lucky too and keep drafting our starting NT in the 6th round"

I'm not saying to draft a QB high for the sake of it, but if you see a guy that you really like, do what it takes to get him because QB is the MOST important position on a football team

MikeyJones214

Reaction score

It's not that you hope to find an elite QB, it's just the fact that we are in the same spot as the Eagles and giants paying average QBs top dollar out of fear of failing

Dak Prescott on a VERY team friendly deal could maybe work but there's no way you can build a SB winning team paying Dak Prescott top dollar.

I'd rather spend the money to fill out the roster and roll with a rookie or baker Mayfield type and if we lose, it would be no different than with Dak... Just blame coaching and the defense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

"Never draft a NT in the 1st round because mazi smith was a bust, warren sapp was an afterthought let's hope we get lucky too and keep drafting our starting NT in the 6th round"

I'm not saying to draft a QB high for the sake of it, but if you see a guy that you really like, do what it takes to get him because QB is the MOST important position on a football team
I’ll be honest lol…. I share those takes lol. I don’t take defensive tackles or corners in the first lol. Late in the first is different. Any position is fair game late but yeah I honestly feel confident I can draft a good corner and DT outside the first round. Linebacker too.

Kwyn

Reaction score

So, who is the QB at #29 that you feel would allow us to contend.

Better yet, name one at #29 that you think is a really solid bet to be a top half QB in the NFL

MikeyJones214

Reaction score

Better yet, name one at #29 that you think is a really solid bet to be a top half QB in the NFL
Contend?

As in, win SBs?

Have we been real contenders with Dak?

Having said that, if I were the GM, I would first try to trade Dak and my first this year to a top ten team willing to bite and then use that pick to drafted Maye or the USC kid if he falls.

If no one bites and Dak isn't trade able for a 1st, I trade him for what can be got and take a prospect like penix or nix with our pick.

If no one is willing to trade Dak at all, I just cut him and still draft a QB with our pick at 25 and get a Mayfield type for a year.

Yes, we may suck. Yes we may end up with a top ten pick next year because of our suckage but that is the only way. It's literally our biggest problem, our fear of "rebuilding". And, it's not like with Dak we were winning anything.

Every team that is successful now, moved on from "good" QB and drafted their replacement.

Chiefs - Alex Smith/ Mahomes
Bengals- Andy Dalton/Burrow
Texans- Watson/ Stroud
Eagles- Wentz/hurts
49ers - garoppolo/ Lance/ purdy
Packers- Rodgers/Love

What other team sticks with their "good enough" QB besides us?!! Lol

Keep in mind, some or most of those QBs being replaced have more success than Dak and they still moved on from them it's mind boggling

1942willys

Reaction score

I think we got #24
Though one could point to Rodgers going late in the first rd. Marino did to

Ken

Reaction score
Who gave them the ball 6 times?
TIme of posession fixes that, and is mandatory if you run a stupid bend don't break defense.
I was referring to our offense. Then what the d did in that same span. The defense let them score on 6 of their first 7 possesions and only stopped them after that when the backups came in.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Eagles moved off him because they had Wentz lol.

Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Eli Manning….but I know . You will makes for them because it’s easier for you to believe our issues are just qb related.
Flacco and Eli are 1st round pedigree and they won a SB. Trent was the outlier.
This team has more problems than the QB.
And yes I know Jerry is a major issue but they need to get a QB that doesn't just crumble mentally. It doesn't matter what the QB can do in the regular season. After watching CJ Stroud turn that Houston franchise completely around Dallas needs that kind of shakeup.. Dak cant compete against the better teams.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
I was referring to our offense. Then what the d did in that same span. The defense let them score on 6 of their first 7 possesions and only stopped them after that when the backups came in.
Our offense didn't keep our defense off the field. The crappy bend and don't break defense was totally gassed from never getting a rest.
The suck just amplified

But, our crap O had nothing to do with the crap D.

Ken

Reaction score
Our offense didn't keep our defense off the field. The crappy bend and don't break defense was totally gassed from never getting a rest.
The suck just amplified

But, our crap O had nothing to do with the crap D.
The reason i harp on our defensive suckage is because it is supposed to be the thing we hand our hats on. No matter what the offense does or doesn't do. I am so disappointed in that side of the ball that I am ready to see a leadership change on that side at a minimum. All of the great things Dan has done over there...it all goes out the window when we get steamrolled by the better teams.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course not. Like I said you build as well as you can with a lesser QB until you can draft a better one .

Trying to build around a mid to lower round QB is a longer shot.
But how do you build with a lesser QB when you aren't capable of getting a top tier QB? Are you saying be bad enough to get a top 3 QB or you're just saying get any QB in the 1st round?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Flacco and Eli are 1st round pedigree and they won a SB. Trent was the outlier.
This team has more problems than the QB.
And yes I know Jerry is a major issue but they need to get a QB that doesn't just crumble mentally. It doesn't matter what the QB can do in the regular season. After watching CJ Stroud turn that Houston franchise completely around Dallas needs that kind of shakeup.. Dak cant compete against the better teams.
Flacco and Eli sucked. I'm sorry. I know what you're trying to sell but they did not have good careers. If Eli and Romo switched spots would the Cowboys be a 2 time Super Bowl winner?

Stroud is a great QB. I'm not gonna use him top down Dak. What Stroud did was incredible. Love as well. I think its also worth noting Demeco Ryan is doing a hell of a job. McNair had to die for this change to happen it seems.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But how do you build with a lesser QB when you aren't capable of getting a top tier QB? Are you saying be bad enough to get a top 3 QB or you're just saying get any QB in the 1st round?
Again as I’ve maintained my attempt here isn’t specific but rather a broad stroke in that drafting a QB early is best means to find an Elite QB.