Twitter: Reminder that Tony Romo's 'A Football Life' is on tonight

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Man that was tough to watch at times. Really puts into perspective how everything clicked for him sometime in 2013, yet he only had 18-20 more games he started after that. Makes me wish to see what he would have done had the latest injuries not happened.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dean Blandino will burn in hell for 2014 and the joke he's made of it since then.
I was sitting in row 21 on the same side of the field as that play, opposite end zone. I feel like I was cheated out of being at one of the greatest playoff games, and one of the greatest moments in Cowboys history. The throw was great, the catch was spectacular.

I will never get over how I felt as my daughter and I left Lambeau on that day. We had an amazing weekend visiting that stadium, and was robbed out of the finish of a lifetime.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I would be more excited to watch it if i knew there was a moment in there where he won something of substance to help melt away all the heartbreak....i loved Romo but hard to relive some of those very painful losses....so many more losses that stick out than wins...i wish it was different he deserved better
you will never suffer like that with Dak... because you will never be in a place where you expect to win. 3-13this year baby

408Cowboy

Reaction score
From what I have seen so far, it appears the major difference between Aikman and Romo is Aikman was driven to win and Romo was driven to just make it. Romo won the moment he became the starter and everything else was gravy. Winning was nice but not a necessity.
That seems to be his view throughout. More of a nonchalant gee look how far I've come view. Compared to Aikman's drive to win. It's a stark contrast. What did Romo say at the end? He seemed to brush off the Superbowl idea and go straight to how good he had it. And I must say I wasn't surprised in the least. He in my view is just as culpable as JJ and Garrett in the futility of this franchise.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Tony seems very content and happy with what he has and has accomplished . Always a class player , father, husband and human being .
NO way does he not wish he won more, but at whatever age he is, the man has a GREAT life. He is done playing, he isnt gonna sit around and be depressed.... depressed about what? Having that hot wife? Great sons? rich? A new job that keeps him around the game and getting paid bucks? and getting to golf his arse off.

I dont see Barkley sitting around moping that he didnt win a title either. You give it all you got while your playing.... thats all you can do.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I was sitting in row 21 on the same side of the field as that play, opposite end zone. I feel like I was cheated out of being at one of the greatest playoff games, and one of the greatest moments in Cowboys history. The throw was great, the catch was spectacular.

I will never get over how I felt as my daughter and I left Lambeau on that day. We had an amazing weekend visiting that stadium, and was robbed out of the finish of a lifetime.
Settle down there. It was a divisional playoff game. This franchise is about Super Bowls. Goes to show how far we have fallen.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Awww...Major Dad is upset. Suck it up.
i just laugh at the idiocy in that comment. All you need to do is watch the clip when they were speaking of the niner game when he had broken ribs and a punctured lung. Romo saw they had went down ten points so he put on his pads and ran out to the field with the doctor running after him.

Aikman would have laid on that table.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
NO way does he not wish he won more, but at whatever age he is, the man has a GREAT life. He is done playing, he isnt gonna sit around and be depressed.... depressed about what? Having that hot wife? Great sons? rich? A new job that keeps him around the game and getting paid bucks? and getting to golf his arse off.

I dont see Barkley sitting around moping that he didnt win a title either. You give it all you got while your playing.... thats all you can do.
Yeah he won in life. Congrats Tony.

I want a leader like Troy, not Tony.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm not crying.....you're crying!!!!

Romo will always be one of my favorite Cowboys players ever. It is a damn shame he got robbed out of having more success by being hitched to weak coaching the majority of his career (well outside his first couple years with Parcells).

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not crying.....you're crying!!!!

Romo will always be one of my favorite Cowboys players ever. It is a damn shame he got robbed out of having more success by being hitched to weak coaching the majority of his career (well outside his first couple years with Parcells).
He shouldn't have called so many audibles if he wanted a better coach. I'm sure he would've preferred to win it all but he was content either way.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
i just laugh at the idiocy in that comment. All you need to do is watch the clip when they were speaking of the niner game when he had broken ribs and a punctured lung. Romo saw they had went down ten points so he put on his pads and ran out to the field with the doctor running after him.

Aikman would have laid on that table.
Well, I will finish watching it and see if I get a different impression, but so far I have heard him say “winning and losing didn’t matter. Improving did.”

Coy

Reaction score
That was awsome, greatly missed.
We didn't win SB's but it sure was fun and we always felt we had a chance, I miss those days.
Hopefully we get a real HC and draft a real QB next year, till then, this basically sucks.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
From what I have seen so far, it appears the major difference between Aikman and Romo is Aikman was driven to win and Romo was driven to just make it. Romo won the moment he became the starter and everything else was gravy. Winning was nice but not a necessity.
I got that impression years ago. And the guy has had a great life. Considering how far he came it is a remarkable story. Sometimes I think his fans are hurt more than he is that he never won a SB. It might have been different with better coaches though. I guess we'll never know.