Report: Commanders will release Robert Griffin III

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm not against kicking the tires on RGIII. I just don't want him to get in the way of Dallas drafting either Goff, Lynch or Wentz if we think they could lead this franchise in the future.

If that's the case, then no to RGIII and no to Johnny Manziel because if we acquire either, I fear we won't invest a pick in one of the "Big" Three entering the draft this year.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
He's got a solid action figure collection, if nothing else. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Our coaching staff is too stupid to develop any QB. Don't get me wrong Wentz is good but in Dallas he would be a project with this staff.

So who developed Romo? Seriously? So they didn't turn McGee or Vaughn into a HOF QB, is this what we are basing this on? I am not going to say they will work Miracles with any QB but they have done a good job with Romo. Players have to put in the work and want to get better before any staff can develop them

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I'm not against kicking the tires on RGIII. I just don't want him to get in the way of Dallas drafting either Goff, Lynch or Wentz if we think they could lead this franchise in the future.

If that's the case, then no to RGIII and no to Johnny Manziel because if we acquire either, I fear we won't invest a pick in one of the "Big" Three entering the draft this year.

Good or bad. Dallas will not take a QB at 4.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My hope is the Cowboys draft one of the top QB and allow him to learn behind Romo. Not concerned that the coaches can't help develop. Cassell was out on the market for a reason as was Weeden. yes Weeden had some success in Houston in large part because of Hopkins. Taking a 5 yard pass and turning it into big plays had more to do with Hopkins that it did Weeden.

The numbers clearly show that this entire staff fails when the quarterback's name isn't Romo. That not opinion, it's fact.

And none of the quarterbacks they've ever brought in have improved as a result of being here, not a one. And rather than trying to point the finger of blame at each and every player, I'll instead point it at a staff that's repeatedly shown that they don't bring much of anything to the table.

I do hope to draft a young quarterback, but I would pin my hopes on Romo teaching him the game before I would Wilson, Linehan, or Garrett.

And I would start with the most ready NFL prospect I could find so that there's less for this staff to have to do.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The numbers clearly show that this entire staff fails when the quarterback's name isn't Romo. That not opinion, it's fact.

And none of the quarterbacks they've ever brought in have improved as a result of being here, not a one. And rather than trying to point the finger of blame at each and every player, I'll instead point it at a staff that's repeatedly shown that they don't bring much of anything to the table.

I do hope to draft a young quarterback, but I would pin my hopes on Romo teaching him the game before I would Wilson, Linehan, or Garrett.

And I would start with the most ready NFL prospect I could find so that there's less for this staff to have to do.

The QB Dallas has taken have been vet QB some did better than others Kitna was not a total waste. Cassell Dallas was far from the 1st team he played on same with Weeden. I'm not saying coaches do not share in this but it is not as if we have brought in rookie QB.

Linehan has worked with QB like Stafford who put up some very big years under Linehan so claiming they can't do it? sure they can if they have the talent to work with

BigD5

Reaction score
Draft Jared Goff

Leave rg3 and Manziel wherever they're at

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Take it for what it is worth but Jerry did say he would consider adding a FA along with a Qb in the draft.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
So who developed Romo? Seriously? So they didn't turn McGee or Vaughn into a HOF QB, is this what we are basing this on? I am not going to say they will work Miracles with any QB but they have done a good job with Romo. Players have to put in the work and want to get better before any staff can develop them

51wwcF8SBVL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Your are correct they did develop Romo but I have lost faith in this group and coaching decisions they made this year. They couldn't adapt to games so I am pessimistic when it comes for them to develop another Qb.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Romo was well on his way before any of these guys got here. He had a good foundation established by guys like Parcells and Sean Payton, and these guys couldn't shine their shoes.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I agree. By that reasoning Dallas should not get any QB

Or for that matter, any other player regardless of position. We have no capable coaches, so why bother. Let's just trade all of our picks for future picks (when we get some real coaches in here). /sarcasm

sideon

Reaction score
Why would you want RG3? The Cowboys would have to change and adapt their entire offensive scheme to fit him
and have a chance to be successful. They are not going to do that while Romo friendly is in full force. Manziel
is just too much of a headcase and substance abuser to be in Dallas. Pass on both and get a QB high in the draft.

What scheme?:lmao:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The QB Dallas has taken have been vet QB some did better than others Kitna was not a total waste. Cassell Dallas was far from the 1st team he played on same with Weeden. I'm not saying coaches do not share in this but it is not as if we have brought in rookie QB.

No, we most certainly have not made anything resembling a draft investment. None of them had anything resembling success or a winning record. Even the fondly remembered Kitna lost more than he won. Brad Johnson was shot when he was finally needed, and Kyle Orton took money for nothin' before losing his only start and then forcing his way out of town. Other than Tomo, they've all been terrible.

Linehan has worked with QB like Stafford who put up some very big years under Linehan so claiming they can't do it? sure they can if they have the talent to work with

How big of an accomplishment is it to have some measure of success given a #1 overall consensus top quarterback and the top receiver of this decade? If anything, based on talent, cost, and draft picks invested, I'd say the results have been a bit disappointing in Detroit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Take it for what it is worth but Jerry did say he would consider adding a FA along with a Qb in the draft.

I'm very hopeful that's the case. And that's what I expect. If nothing else, this group usually addresses the latest leak in the dyke in a big way, often going so far as to overcompensate.

But, given how bad things got, I think the proper way to go is both a rookie for the future and a veteran for today.