Report: Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has begun path to reinstatement

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Becasue he couldn’t apply 6 months ago.. they decide to wait until the off season.
But many fans on here won’t listen to that. They have their hate agenda.

He's been eligible to apply for reinstatement since Nov 6, 2017.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This will end up being the feel good story of the year if he can be reborn essentially and get reinstated PLUS stay clean. Just for him to see the practice field and be with his team mates again would be a huge morale boost for him.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Roster spots are a premium. You will have to cut a good young player to keep him. Can you ever trust him enough to do that? Yes and you bring him to camp. No and you release him if reinstated.

if he is reapplying, he has been clean for a long time.
no certainty but a very good sign compared to failing how many tests in how many months? like 5 tests in 1 preseason/season?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
He has been clean for over a year. It was WEED. It's not like he was addicted to crack or meth. Give it a rest!

I wish I could've liked this post twice.

Support from the fans could really help him with his path to success. I find it funny some refuse to give the guy that. I suppose they must lead perfect lives outside the CZ.

Reaction score
After keeping him on the roster for so long, why wouldn't Jerry and Stephen want to give him a shot if he's reinstated? Contract still has to be pretty low.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's been eligible to apply for reinstatement since Nov 6, 2017.

Well, that is debatable. I still maintain my stance. He could have applied, but they said they will wait until the new league year started and not apply back then.

And now the new league year has started and guess what...we are hearing he is getting things in order to apply.....

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
And your problem is?

Just asking why he waited so long. I don't know how long the process actually takes to get approved. If it delays him getting back on the field in time or limits his offseason, it'll be frustrating that he waited this long to start the process.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Just asking why he waited so long. I don't know how long the process actually takes to get approved. If it delays him getting back on the field in time or limits his offseason, it'll be frustrating that he waited this long to start the process.
Not everything needs to be rushed, my friend.
You may want it, but it may not be the right thing to do.
None of us know his struggle. None of us know what's going on. All we do is imprint our expectations and desires.

Let this play out. Let this life happen and hope for the best. It hurts us naught to do so.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Well, that is debatable. I still maintain my stance. He could have applied, but they said they will wait until the new league year started and not apply back then.

And now the new league year has started and guess what...we are hearing he is getting things in order to apply.....

Hopefully that's the case. There was an article posted here a few weeks ago that the Cowboys didn't know what he was planning on doing about getting reinstated and were planning for life without him. It wasn't very encouraging.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Hopefully that's the case. There was an article posted here a few weeks ago that the Cowboys didn't know what he was planning on doing about getting reinstated and were planning for life without him. It wasn't very encouraging.

it needs to get by goodell - and rushing it back would seem to be a cowboys led effort

CapnB

Reaction score

From what I've read.. be it a while back. Some said he was working on getting his condition (Bi-Polar) under control and wasnt concerned with football. In my opinion, if thats true. Then that says volumes on how far hes come.