Report: Cowboys have discussed a contract extension with Dak

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Are they really going to give him a raise from $40 million based on 1 playoff victory? They deserve to go another 28 years without a super bowl just for even considering it!
He has two wins (Seattle and Tampa). Regardless every starting QB gets paid so just accept it is going to happen.

kskboys

Reaction score
As expected.

If you are surprised at this, you may want to get a new rock to live under.

JBS

Reaction score
You guys should learn something about leverage, negotiating, and the cap

I’ve been telling all of you there is no way around this extension. Y’all don’t want to listen

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if this saves $35 million or more in cap space for next season. Not to mention what it can save this season. How soon will fans whine they won’t spend the $$$ on FA’s?
:muttley:

JBS

Reaction score
So if this saves $35 million or more in cap space for next season. Not to mention what it can save this season. How soon will fans whine they won’t spend the $$$ on FA’s?
:muttley:
Them saving money against the cap and spending money aren’t the same thing

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Them saving money against the cap and spending money aren’t the same thing
I was more or less joking about it. I should have been more clear.
As there are those that think all that goes into Jerry’s pocket.

Reactions: JBS

doomsday9084

Reaction score
https://overthecap.com/player/dak-prescott/4848

Dak will have a $60m cap hit next year as is. Anyone surprised by this hasn't been paying attention.

As not-a-particularly-big-Dak-fan, I would take a 3 year extension pulling his AAV up to $45m. If the team just lets the contract go its going to ruin the team's chances over the next few years. Dak has a $36m cap hit in 2025 when he isn't even on the team.

Flamma

Reaction score
Makes sense if only because his 2024 cap hit is outrageous. If Dallas wants to commit to Dak they can push that money down the road as the cap increases.
Right. But they don't have to do an extension until after this season. They already restructured his contract this season. Giving him an extension on top of that makes no sense. Because an extension is also a restructure.

JBS

Reaction score
https://overthecap.com/player/dak-prescott/4848

Dak will have a $60m cap hit next year as is. Anyone surprised by this hasn't been paying attention.

As not-a-particularly-big-Dak-fan, I would take a 3 year extension pulling his AAV up to $45m. If the team just lets the contract go its going to ruin the team's chances over the next few years. Dak has a $36m cap hit in 2025 when he isn't even on the team.
Correct. These people are clueless.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, we don’t need Prescott, we can go to the playoffs with Cooper Rush, LMAO. I don’t want to pay him, what’s the alternative?