Report: Cowboys have discussed a contract extension with Dak

Jarntt

Reaction score
I’m hoping more than I can articulate that we make him earn the deal from this point forward before giving it to him. If we make the NFC Championship, then go ahead. If we make a SB, absolutely. If we win a SB give him $70M and I won’t disagree. But he didn’t play like a $40M QB last year, let alone a $50M one. He needs to show me he is post injuries and at this age a top QB Before I’m extending him for those dollars. So it’s either deeper playoff advancement or a much smarter and better year than last year where we lose even Though he plays great when it matters most

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Yes, we don’t need Prescott, we can go to the playoffs with Cooper Rush, LMAO. I don’t want to pay him, what’s the alternative?
Should have drafted DTR, McKee or Duggan. Someone. Anyone. Can't go consecutive drafts and not take a flier on a QB. Purdy was the last pick in the 22 draft

khiladi

Reaction score
Jeff Howe said these were just preliminary and nothing was imminent. The logic is they have a whole bunch of players to sign, including Micah, meaning a new deal would push the 2024 cap hit down the road.

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m hoping more than I can articulate that we make him earn the deal from this point forward before giving it to him. If we make the NFC Championship, then go ahead. If we make a SB, absolutely. If we win a SB give him $70M and I won’t disagree. But he didn’t play like a $40M QB last year, let alone a $50M one. He needs to show me he is post injuries and at this age a top QB Before I’m extending him for those dollars. So it’s either deeper playoff advancement or a much smarter and better year than last year where we lose even Though he plays great when it matters most

He didn’t show anything pre-injury either. 2017, he was awful and 2018, before Amari had to save him and that was only against man coverage as Dak continued to suck against zone, Dak was setting Quincy Carter records in futility in Dallas. If he didn’t have the best OL and RG in the league those years, he’d be a backup by now.

It amazes me that the legend of Dak has him accomplishing great feats his whole career in Dallas, until he had the injury.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Who is 1 & 2 on endorsements deals, assume LBJ is one of them.
Godzilla.

tumblr_ovv25rfjlj1wzw0ebo4_500.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He didn’t show anything pre-injury either. 2017, he was awful and 2018, before Amari had to save him and that was only against man coverage as Dak continued to suck against zone, Dak was setting Quincy Carter records in futility in Dallas. If he didn’t have the best OL and RG in the league those years, he’d be a backup by now.

It amazes me that the legend of Dak has him accomplishing great feats his whole career in Dallas, until he had the injury.
Haha you about to lose your mind lol.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
https://overthecap.com/player/dak-prescott/4848

Dak will have a $60m cap hit next year as is. Anyone surprised by this hasn't been paying attention.

As not-a-particularly-big-Dak-fan, I would take a 3 year extension pulling his AAV up to $45m. If the team just lets the contract go its going to ruin the team's chances over the next few years. Dak has a $36m cap hit in 2025 when he isn't even on the team.
Yeah I dont see a way around not giving an extension. 45 million would be resonable considering it would be the 7th highest QB contract. However, Dak tunes out his 8th to 10th media rating and very well may want the market setting 52 million Herbert got.

Corso

Reaction score
Yeah I dont see a way around not giving an extension. 45 million would be resonable considering it would be the 7th highest QB contract. However, Dak tunes out his 8th to 10th media rating and very well may want the market setting 52 million Herbert got.
Never hurts to ask, hopefully doesn't get.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Just looking for a reason to clean the last bit of Cowboys memorabilia off my office shelf. Already threw out all my jerseys and shirts. The only thing left is a coffee mug and autographed picture with Witten. And a football. Sign Dak so I can throw everything out to complete the process of no longer being a fan. The hatred is seething.

Corso

Reaction score
Just looking for a reason to clean the last bit of Cowboys memorabilia off my office shelf. Already threw out all my jerseys and shirts. The only thing left is a coffee mug and autographed picture with Witten. And a football. Sign Dak so I can throw everything out to complete the process of no longer being a fan. The hatred is seething.
Wish I was there.

To watch your meltdown with a solid 6'er of good beer and a 1.75 of whatever fuel that's motivating you.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Never hurts to ask, hopefully doesn't get.
True he'll be 31, older than the other guys too. Aaron Rodgers took a paycut, Brady took less to help his team. He's already made a ton of money, so can't hurt to ask.

As nice as it would be to see the logic play out like that, Dak probably wants his money, his buddy Zeke's contract situation is probably fresh in his mind too to get his.