Report: Cowboys have discussed a contract extension with Dak

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yes, we don’t need Prescott, we can go to the playoffs with Cooper Rush, LMAO. I don’t want to pay him, what’s the alternative?
They dont need to sign him until after the season, but the jones boys are trying to now.
Does that make sense to you??
I would wait and see how he does this season, then decide what to do.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the jones boys say this is a SB team and year, but again have left glaring holes.
1. martin is unhappy and sitting out ( no problem there lol)
2. the kicker is 26 of 32, and a unknown no experience, and cant kick beyond 48 yds.( all offseason fans have said this needs to be fixed, and look where they are at lol)
3.Pollard is coming off a broken leg and is the only real good rb, if he is back to form and can last.RJ was suspended.( so run game is questionable)
4. parsons is heavier, so I think he will wear himself out again by playoffs.
5.Offense is new , can the players execute it? Will dak be better ?

Jerry just ignores certain problem areas every year, and it affects their chances.
It will be interesting to see how it all goes this year.

morat1959

Reaction score
Just looking for a reason to clean the last bit of Cowboys memorabilia off my office shelf. Already threw out all my jerseys and shirts. The only thing left is a coffee mug and autographed picture with Witten. And a football. Sign Dak so I can throw everything out to complete the process of no longer being a fan. The hatred is seething.
I’m right there with ya!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Makes sense if only because his 2024 cap hit is outrageous. If Dallas wants to commit to Dak they can push that money down the road as the cap increases.
This is what they want to do. His cap hit for next year is $59 million. An extension likely brings that down in the $20s to $30s (probably $30s because of previous bonuses). He has a $29 million non-guaranteed base, so you turn most of that into guaranteed bonus and prorate it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
the jones boys say this is a SB team and year, but again have left glaring holes.
1. martin is unhappy and sitting out ( no problem there lol)
2. the kicker is 26 of 32, and a unknown no experience, and cant kick beyond 48 yds.( all offseason fans have said this needs to be fixed, and look where they are at lol)
3.Pollard is coming off a broken leg and is the only real good rb, if he is back to form and can last.RJ was suspended.( so run game is questionable)
4. parsons is heavier, so I think he will wear himself out again by playoffs.
5.Offense is new , can the players execute it? Will dak be better ?

Jerry just ignores certain problem areas every year, and it affects their chances.
It will be interesting to see how it all goes this year.
I can't even argue a single point of your post because of the magical, mystical avi you keep.

Kryptonite!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m sorry was Dak Prescott the last QB to be taken in a draft and since then there have been no QBs taken in the NFL draft?
we should have taken QBs in the draft every 3, to 4 years. just as a strategy to make sure we are not cornered in negotiations and have a QB being developed.

that's fully on Jerry the GM. then again Jerry liked Manziel and Lynch.

pansophy

Reaction score
Yet the idiots running this franchise won't rework a deal for one of thee best guards to ever play......
4 guards older than 34 started last year and one was Jason Peters. He turns 33 this season and 34 next season when his contract runs out. How many years do you want to sign him for? Martin is holding out because he knows he isn't getting a big contract ever again and don't be surprised if he just retires.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
4 guards older than 34 started last year and one was Jason Peters. He turns 33 this season and 34 next season when his contract runs out. How many years do you want to sign him for? Martin is holding out because he knows he isn't getting a big contract ever again and don't be surprised if he just retires.
Jerry has no problem extending Dak though......He's the best if not one of thee best guards in the league and a team captain, Just add two years to his deal, with a bigger signing bonus, I'm not saying sign him to a seven year extension......If Zack Martin requests a trade, there will be teams lining up to trade for him and then what will you do at right guard, Josh Ball or Edoga...no thanks!!

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Jerry has no problem extending Dak though......He's the best if not one of thee best guards in the league and a team captain, Just add two years to his deal, with a bigger signing bonus, I'm not saying sign him to a seven year extension......If Zack Martin requests a trade, there will be teams lining up to trade for him and then what will you do at right guard, Josh Ball or Edoga...no thanks!!

Hope he is in the starting lineup, if not the gnats will take advantage of the position for sure.