Report: Dak's contract prioritized over Micah and CD's

mardwin

Reaction score
I look forward to several years with no shot at a championship until he’s gone then.
The narrative will be that Dak didn't have an elite supporting cast to carry him in the playoffs.

My expectations are low for the upcoming season, a wildcard spot (at best), and picking the low/mid-20s in the 2025 draft.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The narrative will be that Dak didn't have an elite supporting cast to carry him in the playoffs.

My expectations are low for the upcoming season, a wildcard spot (at best), and picking the low/mid-20s in the 2025 draft.

The Chiefs roster is terrible and they just won the Super Bowl.

You either gotta have a great team or great QB.

The only way you have both is if the QB is not getting paid or somehow you’ve got a young enough roster where the QBs contract doesn’t matter.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The Chiefs roster is terrible and they just won the Super Bowl.

You either gotta have a great team or great QB.

The only way you have both is if the QB is not getting paid or somehow you’ve got a young enough roster where the QBs contract doesn’t matter.
....or maybe, the QB accepts a longer contract, even career ending, (rather than insisting on a short term....get me to the market quickly deal). Allowing a 2 (or maybe 3) year window to compete in as you restructure.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lol how can it be true if you say except the Eagles and other teams lol. That means it’s not true.

If you want to say he suck’s against the 49ers that’s fair enough. But to say he sucks against teams .500 is not true.
It's not just teams above .500 of course. Some crap teams can be above average at times. What's meant here are tough opponents. It's not just the 49ers. When you get into the playoffs you usually run into tough teams. When that happens in the regular season we see similar results. When Dallas plays top end teams, not just teams over .500, we crap the bed. We have no signature wins. That has to change at some point. Again, I am not blaming Dak entirely for the losses. He's just as bad as the rest of the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not just teams above .500 of course. Some crap teams can be above average at times. What's meant here are tough opponents. It's not just the 49ers. When you get into the playoffs you usually run into tough teams. When that happens in the regular season we see similar results. When Dallas plays top end teams, not just teams over .500, we crap the bed. We have no signature wins. That has to change at some point. Again, I am not blaming Dak entirely for the losses. He's just as bad as the rest of the team.
You’re changing the statement that was made. When I said it wasn’t true I was referring to this statement:

But he has never looked good even in the RS against teams above .500 .

Facts

That statement is just not true lol.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been asking for months now for one of the Dak Davidians to post 3 signature wins in the last 5 seasons and till this day ...................NADA!!!
Why no response?
Cause you are correct there are NO signature wins Mr. Asbury Park N.J. :bow:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

And here is where Dave Helmann explains why Dak is likely to get paid for before Micah and CD. It's because Micah isn't due for 2 more years. CD can be franchised after this year.

Dak is the one who is due first - and that's why likely he's gonna get paid first. And why reports are that they're working on his deal before the other 2's.

Well yes, you kind of need a starting QB in this league even if you have to pay top dollar for a total turd.

Flamma

Reaction score
You’re changing the statement that was made. When I said it wasn’t true I was referring to this statement:

But he has never looked good even in the RS against teams above .500 .

Facts

That statement is just not true lol.
I agree. Technically you're right. But in the big picture, it doesn't matter. We suck when we play really good teams.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've been asking for months now for one of the Dak Davidians to post 3 signature wins in the last 5 seasons and till this day ...................NADA!!!
Why no response?
They probably won’t post them because what’s the point? You’re just going to discredit them. You don’t want to actually know his 3 signature wins you just want to prove a point so why not just do it without the engagement?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Do not worry ...... it wont be much longer

17113372504615.jpg
That photo was disturbing, and the fact that Cowboys security let it ever leave the building was even more of a head shaker.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. Technically you're right. But in the big picture, it doesn't matter. We suck when we play really good teams.
I mean it doesn’t matter because we sit here for 28 years without a conference championship appearance. So I agree there. But the statement is not true is all I was saying lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why no response?
Yeah, none at all. Which is one of the cases I made for Romo better than Dak. Is Dak coming back from 21 points down? Not a chance. You have a better chance at seeing God walk across your front lawn.

We have to go back to 2016 when we had a God at RB to get signature wins. The last I remember was 2018 when we beat the Saints because we held them to 10 points. Even Dak said, the D won this.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I can see the Dak haters are getting a little nervous on this thread.

The looming realization that hes here for several more years. That his contract's first to land, then CDs, then Micah.

Does anyone outside of his haters really think the Cowboys won't keep the trio together? They'll keep them together just because people are used to seeing them being lumped together. Ain't no way we ain't getting 5 more years of them unless they don't wanna play here anymore.