Report: Dak's contract prioritized over Micah and CD's

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Seriously bro, you take this stuff to seriously.........................its just entertainment at the end of the day.
No to some of us it’s real life. You don’t pay failures you pay people that are successful. Sal isn’t a success beyond what his Dak over cowboys make him out to be. I will be leaving as well bc I’m not paying season ticket to watch him fail in big games anymore. Sure Jerry will resign and he’ll do what he does continuing to take money he hasn’t earned.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I still think a deal gets done before training camp.

Lawrence was the key contract for the negotiation, it pretty much set what the market rate is considering that there literally is not any statistical categories in which Lawrence is superior to Dak. Be it yards, TD passes, completion percentage, QBR, playoff wins, ect...

If Lawrence is worth $55 million a year then there is literally no debate at all that Dak's value is not at least the same. Nobody, including the Cowboys, can make any argument whatsoever that Lawrence is worth $55 million based on his on the field performance and Dak is not. The stats do not lie, and even if you want to include playoff games, Lawrence has just one career win and he threw 4 picks in that win, so again, no argument can be made that Lawrence is worth $55 but Dak is not and the Cowboys know this as well.

I disagree. Lawernce has upside - Dak has none. Its not like Dak is going to all of sudden learn to read a defense or become accurate. Dak is what he is and it isnt work $55 a year. He is more in line with Cousins.

Its a simple question. Would you trade Dak for Lawerence straight up? I would and wouldn't think twice.

shabazz

Reaction score
And here is where Dave Helmann explains why Dak is likely to get paid for before Micah and CD. It's because Micah isn't due for 2 more years. CD can be franchised after this year.

Dak is the one who is due first - and that's why likely he's gonna get paid first
It follows logically. But that's only IF the FO believes is him and wants to keep him.

Nothing has changed in that question and it remains open

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes it started 29 years ago when Jerry wanted to prove he was a football genius and how he built those teams, narcissistic people like Jerry can’t accept that they were wrong but don’t forget that even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally that’s where the Cowboys are at, hoping for a miracle and should that happen Jerry will be strutting around saying how he built the team and how all his hard work has paid off. Sad a guy like Jerry can’t understand how he has failed miserably as a football manager and talent evaluator but that’s what ego and having no accountability to anyone does to some people.
I believe he does understand how he’s failed but not willing to step aside. He even admitted he’d off fired a GM with his record .

Blind squirrels are innocently wondering in obscurity . Our squirrel can see and has intentionally placed us with a more handicapped obstruction to overcome .

Kevinicus

Reaction score
And here's more...

Here are the leading salaries. Which one of these have done anything? 3 out of 12 have done something worth mentioning. Goff, Mahomes, Burrow.

Hurts is arguable but his Super Bowl berth feels team generated. We see him when his team is no good.

When 80% of the highest salaries in the league are for QBs who've done nothing, Dak is gonna get paid right along with the rest.

Whether in Dallas or not is the question but chances are we're gonna wake up one day soon to news of Dak's newly minted contract.

Top 10 Annual Salaries:

Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars - $55 million
Joe Burrow, Bengals - $55 million
Jared Goff, Lions - $53 million
Justin Herbert, Chargers - $52.5 million
Lamar Jackson, Ravens - $52 million
Jalen Hurts, Eagles - $51 million
Kyler Murray, Cardinals - $46.1 million
Deshaun Watson, Browns - $46 million
Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs - $45 million
Kirk Cousins, Falcons - $45 million

Highest guarantees:

Deshaun Watson, Browns - $230 million
Joe Burrow, Bengals - $146.51 million
Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars - $142 million
Lamar Jackson, Ravens - $135 million
Justin Herbert, Chargers - $133.74 million
Jared Goff, Lions - $113.61 million
Jalen Hurts, Eagles - $110 million
Kyler Murray, Cardinals - $103.3 million
Josh Allen, Bills - $100 million
Dak Prescott, Cowboys - $95 million
Cousins is the most comparable player, and unlike Lawrence there aren't 2 years remaining on Dak's contract. Counting the 2 years left on Lawrence's deal, it's a lot less than 55m.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cousins is the most comparable player, and unlike Lawrence there aren't 2 years remaining on Dak's contract. Counting the 2 years left on Lawrence's deal, it's a lot less than 55m.
you mean the Jags GM understands how to do QB contracts?...this cant be true i was told you HOLD>>>>HOLD>>>>>HOLD>>>> is that not the only way to sign your franchise QB to big contracts?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t believe thinking Dak sucks is being negative.

He does suck.
I’m referencing comments like you praying he goes 2-7 as a good “send off”.

I don’t know I’m starting to question the ages displayed on this site I can’t imagine some of you guys really being 50 and 69 and saying this guy or that guy “sucks” lol.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t believe thinking Dak sucks is being negative.

He does suck.
What are you talking about Hater!!!!!!!

Only thing Dak sucks is wins !!!!!! 3 years in a row 12 heckin wins!!!!

Watch a Kurt Warner video and get educated!!!

Dak is the best QB in the league!!!!! Haters can choke on their own Bile!!!!

Look at that avatar!!!!! EAGLES FAN!!!!! MUST BEEEEEEE!!!!!

You hate Dak because of all the Superbowl's he is fixin to win us ........ any day now!!!!!

Did I say Hater? DId I point out your avatar?

You just got slain by the Troll Slayer!!!! Your welcome.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What are you talking about Hater!!!!!!!

Only thing Dak sucks is wins !!!!!! 3 years in a row 12 heckin wins!!!!

Watch a Kurt Warner video and get educated!!!

Dak is the best QB in the league!!!!! Haters can choke on their own Bile!!!!

Look at that avatar!!!!! EAGLES FAN!!!!! MUST BEEEEEEE!!!!!

You hate Dak because of all the Superbowl's he is fixin to win us ........ any day now!!!!!

Did I say Hater? DId I point out your avatar?

You just got slain by the Troll Slayer!!!! Your welcome.
Man I really hate what this last Packers game did to you….i truly do.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Man I really hate what this last Packers game did to you….i truly do.
gotta admit that game was brutal, lots of quitter came to light and im not sure how that gets put back in the bottle..but it was ugly. Its been a long 28 years for us thats for sure. I will give it out equally though Dak deserves his share but no more than CD and Micah and Martin and the rest who did another nose dive in the playoffs...Jerry is on a whole diferent level to me at this point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What are you talking about!!!! That was a great game until that traitor Dan Quinn stabbed the best QB in the league in the back ........ gross again ......but anyway ...... Dak is the goat!!!
Like I said man….I hate what it’s done to a few of you guys. Credible posters resorting to trolling and sarcasm posts man I didn’t see it coming.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
gotta admit that game was brutal, lots of quitter came to light and im not sure how that gets put back in the bottle..but it was ugly. It’s been a long 28 years for us thats for sure. I will give it out equally though Dak deserves his share but no more than CD and Micah and Martin and the rest who did another nose dive in the playoffs...Jerry is on a whole diferent level to me at this point.
I get it. If someone hopped off the bandwagon or chose to turn their fandom down I’d certainly get it.
Last thing I wanted was for us to keep the same core and get worse…..