Report: Eagles Plotting to Draft Mariota

Bigdog

Reaction score
This is what I would ask for if I was Tampa Bay or the Titans. 2015 1st, 3rd, 2016 1st, 2nd, and 2017 1st, 2nd. I mean the Commanders gave up two 1st, a second, and a 4th I believe and that was three years ago I believe. Inflation.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Here in Tampa the buzz is allot more than Foles and picks .. They want like 3 number ones .. 2 number 2s .. Foles and one other top tier player
Fan base really wants a QB taken at one .. Some want to trade it away to get more picks to build o line

If a team is dumb enough to offer 3 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, a top tier player like McCoy and a serviceable starting QB, you do it. I don't care who that one player is.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
God I hope this happens. They'd mortgage their future and screw themselves like rgknee

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Mariota suits his style of offense due to his speed. I just don't see how it'll work in the NFL. We're going into season 3 of Chip's offense and defenses will continue to adapt to the pace. I hope Philly mortgages everything to grab him. I just don't see it working out.

Spectre

Reaction score
The Eagles (unfortunately) are not as stupid as the Skins and do not have a track record of making brash & silly draft moves.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Chip is good and all but he will never win anything with Eagles and they will fire him in 2-3 years. I am sometimes wrong but I don't think I am wrong about this.

Sydla

Reaction score
Foles is a middling QB. So if I were Tennessee or Tampa, he'd be a total throw in.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles (unfortunately) are not as stupid as the Skins and do not have a track record of making brash & silly draft moves.

You mean like trading up to take Brandon Graham when Earl Thomas and Pierre-Paul were on the board?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
This is what I would ask for if I was Tampa Bay or the Titans. 2015 1st, 3rd, 2016 1st, 2nd, and 2017 1st, 2nd. I mean the Commanders gave up two 1st, a second, and a 4th I believe and that was three years ago I believe. Inflation.

and they were moving from 6th to 1st if I recall?

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Can McCoy even be traded? He just signed a huge contract a couple years ago.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Mariota is not even as good as Sanchez coming out of college. He's the product of an offense that relies on tons of YAC and little 4-7 yard passes any QB can make.

We see what that offense looks like constantly when they face a tough physical defense. It falls apart and the QB looks like junk.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Id trade anywhere from 2-6 picks for Luck

What rounds? You trade that many 1st/2nd/3rds you will hamstring your team for a decade. What would suck more is after doing that you are almost guaranteeing they will be top of the round picks.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Looks like we could be playing Mariota for at least the next 2-3 years. Multiple reports so far.

I personally hope so, as I think he's a bit overrated. And I think they'd be doing Nick Foles a disservice by giving up on him so soon.

Not saying it's going to happen, This could all be here say. But, where there's smoke, there's usually fire, and this actually makes sense with how much Chip Kelly has praised Mariota over the past couple years.

Mike Sielski ‏@MikeSielski 4m4 minutes ago
Asked source about #Eagles' trying to get Mariota. Source said, "Try? There is no try. There is only do." Source then levitated an X-Wing.

Kevin Negandhi ‏@KNegandhiESPN 1h1 hour ago
Eagles plotting to move up and get Mariota? I'd consider 3 high picks and Lesean. But biggest issue remains: CBs!! http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/01/eagles_are_going_to_try_to_move_up_for_oregon_quar.html…

Linda Cohn ‏@lindacohn 2h2 hours ago
Match made in heaven. Chip Kelly looking to move up in draft to get Mariota. Good idea, tough task. #Eagles @theScore http://thesco.re/1zukZie

Boy I would love that! Robert Griffin part II. Will set that franchise back a smooth five years. We would only have to worry about the Giants for a lot of years to come.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
If he's drafted by Philly, he'll take the league by storm his rookie year, much like RG3.

However, I think things get rough from that point onward.