Report: Eagles Plotting to Draft Mariota

RS12

Reaction score
He got hit real hard in the Ohio St game and got up real slow. I dont see him standing up to NFL hits and playing that style for a long career

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Marcus Mariota in 2014.

42 TDs, 4 INTs, 4400 yards, 68 completion %, 15 rushing TDs. Incredibly smart. Rarely turns the ball over.

"He's a product of the system".

Derinyar

Reaction score
Assuming that they trade up into the top 2 picks it should be significantly more expensive then the Skins paid. 6 to 2 took that massive payout what is 20 to 2 going to take?

Reaction score
I'm probably alone on this but I think Foles is a good QB that could be great and I always have........

Yeah,,, and if not great, at least good. Maybe their plan is to trade him for an extra pick, but last year's showing probably dropped his value a bit.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Yeah,,, and if not great, at least good. Maybe their plan is to trade him for an extra pick, but last year's showing probably dropped his value a bit.

I would be willing to trade a 6th rounder for him if the Commanders won't take it for RGIII lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If they give up what the Deadskins did to get RGIII it will do nothing but benefit our franchise lol. I hope they do it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If I'm Tennessee or Tampa Bay, I take Nick Foles and draft picks for their top pick in a heartbeat.

Agreed. Let them take Foles, McCoy, this year's first and next year's first and second. That would be about what they'd have to give up.

I'd laugh my *** off.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You also have to remember whoever does it trades out of probably the top 3 picks in the draft just to pick at 20? In order to do that you're going to have to get numerous #1 picks. If i'm a team the only way I do it is if I get Foles, a 1st this year and a 1st next year at the least. Rams gave up far more just to go from 6 to 2.

Chip Kelly really is a true genius. Foles is just coming off one of the best seasons of a 1st year starting quarterback and a year later he wants Mariotta. And you guys really were envying the Eagirls for having him. He gets rid of Desean because he doesn't fit on his team. Can you imagine the Cowboys trading Romo and letting Dez go? This is insane.

EST_1986

Reaction score
What rounds? You trade that many 1st/2nd/3rds you will hamstring your team for a decade. What would suck more is after doing that you are almost guaranteeing they will be top of the round picks.

I'd give up every draft pick from 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 for a guy like Luck.

VACowboy

Reaction score
They beat Washington in TOP and still lost the game.

There's an exception to every rule. Up-tempo offenses just aren't going to work in the NFL.

Just FYI, Philly also outgained Wash 374 to 220. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story.

Last edited:

wileedog

Reaction score
Chip Kelly really is a true genius. Foles is just coming off one of the best seasons of a 1st year starting quarterback and a year later he wants Mariotta. And you guys really were envying the Eagirls for having him. He gets rid of Desean because he doesn't fit on his team. Can you imagine the Cowboys trading Romo and letting Dez go? This is insane.

Nick Foles threw 10 pics in 8 games last year, and has yet to finish a season healthy. He is a seriously mediocre QB, and equating him with Romo is ludicrous.

Furthermore he doesn't have the mobility to run Chip's system. He needs to replaced one way or the other, and if you are Kelly why not do it with a guy you hand picked and groomed to run your system previously?

Agreed on Desean Jackson though, that was dumb. And Kelly's drafting has been spotty to say the least. But I do think they need a different QB than Foles. If you are going to hire Chip Kelly for his offense system, you need the right QB to run it.