News: Report: Prescott has come down to 33-35ish in terms of annual value for upcoming contract

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I want to happen and what will happen are totally different things. Sadly, Dak will get a long term deal and this forum will be arguing 4 years from now that "this season is the season Dak becomes Tom Brady"

Another batch of wasted talents and dreams for the years to follow with #4 and his dismal play.....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sure, once Smith had a supporting cast he became a decent game-manager. He even improved from being a game-manager to a very good game manager with the Chiefs. That is progression. Dak started as a very good game manager. He is now letting the ball loose this year, something he hasn't done much in previous years. He is improving and progressing before our eyes.

If he balls out against the Giants on Monday it won't matter to you. If he balls out against the Vikings, you'll credit his supporting cast. But the guy is getting better, and putting us in a position to succeed.. more often than not.

You completely ignored a good portion of what I just said. Dak came in as an immediate game manager because he had the cast around him to allow him to be that.

He's in year 4, and he's not even playing at the level he played in 2016 as a game manager. He's actually more mistake prone now. Again, he loses some pieces and he becomes wildly inconsistent.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Don't give me other people's argument. They aren't me.

I don't want Dak paid at all because he won't help us win a Super Bowl. And what is hard to understand that taking a one year cap hit is better than committing to a guy for 4-5 years making a little more than the franchise tag he'd get for one?

One is a long term impact, the other is short term. This....this shouldn't be hard to understand.

If Dak gets 35 million a year, that's still going to be a big cap hit in 2-3 years. Even if a Mahomes contract comes and blows every other contract out of the water, Dak's deal will still be costly because he will never amount to being an elite QB.

If he won't help you win a Super Bowl, then why would you want to franchise tag him?

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
The only thing I'd like to remind him is about the endorsement potential as the QB for the Dallas Cowboys. That's another $10-20 mil a year and I believe that's more than if he was with another franchise. I really hope he ends up taking the $33 mil for six years to save some salary for his cast of characters who keep the Cowboys competitive.

So did Romo take a discount because he was QB for Dallas. If memory serves me, his latest deal was record-breaking.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Days gonna get his money, but it doesn't hurt us to make him wait. Make him earn it.
That’s what Baltimore thought with Flacco and boy did that come back to smack them in the face. If Dak leads us to a super bowl while they’re still trying to figure it out, the FO will rue the day

cowboygo

Reaction score
You completely ignored a good portion of what I just said. Dak came in as an immediate game manager because he had the cast around him to allow him to be that.

He's in year 4, and he's not even playing at the level he played in 2016 as a game manager. He's actually more mistake prone now. Again, he loses some pieces and he becomes wildly inconsistent.
I didn't ignore anything, I'm reading all your points. I disagree with your notion that his Year 4 play is inferior to his 2016 play. The guys you've mentioned, Rivers and Romo are/were mistake prone because they let the ball loose. You are ignoring the fact that Dak is letting the ball loose, he is being a gunslinger. Dak is changing from a game-manager to a gunslinger before our eyes. You are stuck with the thought that he can't improve or that he can't change.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I didn't ignore anything, I'm reading all your points. I disagree with your notion that his Year 4 play is inferior to his 2016 play. The guys you've mentioned, Rivers and Romo are/were mistake prone because they let the ball loose. You are ignoring the fact that Dak is letting the ball loose, he is being a gunslinger. Dak is changing from a game-manager to a gunslinger before our eyes. You are stuck with the thought that he can't improve or that he can't change.

*sigh* Romo didn't have the cast around him that Dak does. Are you comparing Dak's O-Line to what Romo went through?

Also, Romo's INT numbers weren't all that high compared to the amount he threw the ball in the era he played (Yes, early in his career the QB play was different, compare his numbers to his peers)

Dak is turning the ball over more this year than has any time in the past.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If he won't help you win a Super Bowl, then why would you want to franchise tag him?

I don't want to franchise tag him - but people here are ALREADY stating that if Jerry has doubts he should have an "out" in year three. I am saying, if you have doubts, your better option is to not give him a deal at all and give him an extra year with only a single year cap hit to figure out if he's the dude or not.

I, personally, don't believe he will ever be. I would have him walk and i would move on.

Flamma

Reaction score

Franchise tagging him would make little to no sense. Transition tag him if it's available. No one is going to offer him more than he is asking for so the Cowboys have nothing to lose. They'll just have to match. It will be what he is asking for or less.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
*sigh* Romo didn't have the cast around him that Dak does. Are you comparing Dak's O-Line to what Romo went through?

Also, Romo's INT numbers weren't all that high compared to the amount he threw the ball in the era he played (Yes, early in his career the QB play was different, compare his numbers to his peers)

Dak is turning the ball over more this year than has any time in the past.

You are hilarious with your arguments. So you argue: "Romo's INT numbers weren't all that high compared to the amount he threw the ball in the era he played..."

In the very next sentence you argue: "Dak is turning the ball over more this year than has any time in the past."

Funny how you completely changed standards. I am sure it could be said that "[Dak's] INT numbers weren't all that high compared to the amount he threw the ball in the era he played..."

and that in any given year:

"[Romo] is turning the ball over more this year than has any time in the past."

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You are hilarious with your arguments. So you argue: "Romo's INT numbers weren't all that high compared to the amount he threw the ball in the era he played..."

In the very next sentence you argue: "Dak is turning the ball over more this year than has any time in the past."

Funny how you completely changed standards. I am sure it could be said that "[Dak's] INT numbers weren't all that high compared to the amount he threw the ball in the ear he played..."

and that in any given year:

"[Romo] is turning the ball over more this year than has any time in the past."

Dak is on pace to throw a similar amount of times he threw last season. He has 7 INTs through the first half of the season, he had 4 through the first 7 games last year.

Romo threw 520 times in 2007 with 19 INTs - the league was different back then, every QB that threw over 500 times that season outside of Brady had double digit INTs. Romo was second in TDs thrown that year.

This shouldn't be hard to grasp.

black label

Reaction score
What I want to happen and what will happen are totally different things. Sadly, Dak will get a long term deal and this forum will be arguing 4 years from now that "this season is the season Dak becomes Tom Brady"
vB9B5h.gif

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
That’s what Baltimore thought with Flacco and boy did that come back to smack them in the face. If Dak leads us to a super bowl while they’re still trying to figure it out, the FO will rue the day
I agree with you but Joe was a SB winner at the time, yadda yadda. I don't think the timing of his contract is comparable.

Hardline

Reaction score
75 dollars to park is embarrassing, 7.50 soda's are embarrassing, 15 dollar hamburgers are embarrassing. PSL's are embarrassing.

The players deserve more money than they are currently getting.
If you pay those prices it's embarrassing

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
75 dollars to park is embarrassing, 7.50 soda's are embarrassing, 15 dollar hamburgers are embarrassing. PSL's are embarrassing.

The players deserve more money than they are currently getting.

a 100 million dollar contract for the absent D.Law isn't enough ?

aria

Reaction score
Look, I like Dak, but I don’t see how you can justify that kind of money for a guy who can’t carry the team without a loaded roster. He still hasn’t proven that he’s anything more than an elite bus driver. He’ll put up All-Pro numbers when everything is going well, and when it’s not he’ll post a QB rating in the 70s and 80s.
The same can be said for the Ewok and a lot of people didn’t have a problem with that. If I were Dak I would take a seat until Jerry caves, he’s already shown he will.