Report: Rivera could become Dallas DC if Quinn leaves

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Oh yeah naw man ain't no accountability here lol. Honestly? it would just be scapegoating him. He sucked but his unit has performed at a high level since being here.
Yeah I mean even if it’s not deserving (it was not all on the defense in my opinion) SOMEONE had to roll for what we saw, but like you said bro all good here lol I guess they hope by the beginning of training camp everyone will forget lol

Sydla

Reaction score
That would be a solid hire. Believe it when I see it though.
Can't believe Philly didn't hire him honestly.

But Roseman and Lurie have a weird obsession with Fangio and his defenses. After bombing out with a disciple, I guess they wanted the real thing this time. LOL.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
If all else fails, Jerry will drag Dave Campo out of storage and have him run the defense.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
**Yawn** But it would be a predictable Jerry hire. He only wants established names as his DC instead of doing the homework and trying to find young, up-and-coming innovative defensive minds.

Guess who was Rivera's DC in Chicago? Rod Marinelli :laugh:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He didn't turn keuckly, Thomas Davis and Josh Norman into dawgs lol but whatever. Dallas will keep fooling fans. Those players were going to be what they were if they never even met Ron Rivera

quickccc

Reaction score
I am not sure what to make of this. Rivera's defenses in Washington have not been great despite having two of the best DTs in the league.

Ditto here.
Rivera does not seem like a flexible versatile DC.
I'd be too worried that he's too old school like Rod Marinelli and isn't he another that favors outdated Tampa 2 scheme ? (Which would be horrid for Parsons, imo)

quickccc

Reaction score
He didn't turn keuckly, Thomas Davis and Josh Norman into dawgs lol but whatever. Dallas will keep fooling fans. Those players were going to be what they were if they never even met Ron Rivera
Never met Monte Kiffin of the SB champ Bucs either, whose had HOF like Sapp, Brooks and Barber and Lynch
but i know old school did not work out well when he became DC here in his first and only year here.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
i've been adamant about getting Vrabel, but i guess Rivera is ok, could be worse. He was a part of that tough '85 Bears defense. Still rather have Vrabel as option 1.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I am not sure what to make of this. Rivera's defenses in Washington have not been great despite having two of the best DTs in the league.
Well, they kind of sold his two best pass rushers out from under him.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Can't believe Philly didn't hire him honestly.

But Roseman and Lurie have a weird obsession with Fangio and his defenses. After bombing out with a disciple, I guess they wanted the real thing this time. LOL.
Plus Fangio is a ****** and fits right in there.