Report: Rivera could become Dallas DC if Quinn leaves

Maverick84

Reaction score
Imagine fining your "good friend" $100k for
answering a question. Dude's a fraud. I don't
want him anywhere near the Cowboys unless
he's on the opposing team's sideline.

How do people NOT know this, I wonder.
you're seriously defending Jack del Rio there?

LOL, good god

they just out themselves don't they

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
there are 2 Co-ordinators that will be HC material once their teams are knocked out...end of discussion of DQ going anywhere

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
It's the Cowboys FO that actually does the "flip-flopping" of conservative versus aggressive defensive coordinators and\or head coaches.
The fanbase has no imput...They're just along for the ride.
I was talking about what the fan base’s opinions were….

They flip flop. All the time.

Yes, the front office makes the decisions. Never claimed or implied that the fan base made the calls. lol.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I am not sure what to make of this. Rivera's defenses in Washington have not been great despite having two of the best DTs in the league.
Rivera was the head coach, not the DC. He had, as does any head coach, lots of other responsibilities to have total control over the defense, only so much he could do.

I'd be ok with Rivera as the DC...

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I like the DC from the Giants. He had an up and down year last year with limited talent. But put together some pretty good games. I'd like to see what he could do with his aggressive style and this talent
Lol stop.

conner01

Reaction score
Ron Rivera is a legit defensive coordinator.

If Dan Quinn leaves for Seattle or Washington or a mutual parting of the ways, would Riverboat Ron want to join Mike McCarthy's staff, which is taking on water and suspect to sink next season?
I don’t think he’s gonna be on any teams short list for HC so if offered I think he’d be interested

Bluefin

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s gonna be on any teams short list for HC so if offered I think he’d be interested
That's true.

And it's a paycheck.

Ron Rivera would also then get his name in the hat if the 2024 season goes ill and a new head coach is needed.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I am not sure what to make of this. Rivera's defenses in Washington have not been great despite having two of the best DTs in the league.
True but they traded away all their best edge rushers early in the season. Almost like they wanted to tank in October.