Report: Some Cowboys planning protest tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

canters

Reaction score
See what poltics does- we are all Cowboy fans, or we would not be here on this site. And we are name calling and treating each other like Eagles fans. Shape up and drop politics for one day!

Cmac

Reaction score
Actually, free speech only protects you from the government. Jerry would be well within his rights to cut any player as a consequence. Because Jerry is not the government. That why the "if you go to your job..." thing is nonsense. People have more outrage than they have intelligence.
Would that make Jerry right?....wouldn't that mean Freedom of My (Jerry's) Speech?

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Sure. They're supporting their colleagues against someone who called them SOBs and said they should be fired.

Yeah, I know why they did it lol. I was responding to Scopio that this all because of what Trump said.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
My only issue with all this is it's all one sided. They get their airtime, but when the boys wanted to salute the PD they were told no. I cannot stand the hypocrisy of it. The only one I have seen go out on a limb is Villanueva. NONE of his teammates supported him.

Great point. The Cowboys wanted to simply put a sticker on their helmet when those Police officers were murdered and the NFL said NO. They're nothing but hypocritical shitbags afraid of ticking off their advertising partners. Well, they've now pissed off the biggest portion of their fanbase. Good luck NFL.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
They are infringing on my rights as an NFL fan.. not to have the every day BS of politics mixed with my entertainment. I watch the game because I enjoy it, it entertains me.. not to watch over paid, over entitled millionaires disrespecting the flag and the people that died to give them the opportunity to play a kids game for millions of dollars. Like I said, there are ways to protest, to show unity, but to kneel during the anthem to me is just disrespectful and if that happens, I will have to make a decision.. I haven't missed a Cowboy's game that was televised in 40 years.. tonight might be the first of many though.

Do like me. I'm listening on the radio tonight, because I don't have that rag of a sports news station Espn anymore. For basically all their rhetoric, including being politically charged, and bringing too much drama to sports. Then you might not have to see it. Google 105.3 fan out of Dallas.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
So sorry that their peaceful protest is causing an inconvenience for you. Fans like you are the REAL victim here.

And if Rosa Parks wanted to protest inequality, she should've done it on her OWN TIME. NOT on a public bus!!

She held up traffic during rush hour like a total JERK!!!

Ok. Comparing millionaires who play a game with a hero of the civil rights movement. Got it.

Wow.

movaughn88

Reaction score
This board is devolving faster than a middle school cafeteria fight.

This reminds me of that SNL skit where the morning talk show teleprompter goes out and Will Ferrell eventually resorts to cannibalism.

Nav22

Reaction score
Ok. Comparing millionaires who play a game with a hero of the civil rights movement. Got it.

Wow.
Look up a boxer named "Muhammad Ali" and learn about him. Highly recommended.

But yeah, rich people shouldn't seek any changes to a system that has benefitted them monetarily. LOL!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We aren't allowed to. The players and media won't let us.

as was written above, no one was paying much attention to the issue, then Donnie opened his pie hole, called the players SOBs and boom, it is the talk of the town

canters

Reaction score
This board is devolving faster than a middle school cafeteria fight.

This reminds me of that SNL skit where the morning talk show teleprompter goes out and Will Ferrell eventually resorts to cannibalism.
I am surprised the thread has not been closed. Some of us are not playing well with others.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
My only issue with all this is it's all one sided. They get their airtime, but when the boys wanted to salute the PD they were told no. I cannot stand the hypocrisy of it. The only one I have seen go out on a limb is Villanueva. NONE of his teammates supported him.

My thoughts exactly! Let players kneel during the Anthem but then also let other players support the police or 9/11 victims etc.

Nav22

Reaction score
No, it isn't. These are football players, most of which are dumber than a bag of hammers. They need to play football.

We're three hours from kickoff, and all we're discussing is this made-up issue that is based on complete lies and fabrications.
Which lies and fabrications?

And what is the required IQ level needed to peacefully protest? Were you given an IQ test before you voted?

Status
Not open for further replies.