1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Report: Some Cowboys planning protest tonight

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by JackOfNoTrades, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

13,077 Messages
    9,812 Likes Received
    We will email you the highlites tomorrow
    minus the protests..

Here's one..

Cops..roll them like bacon and fry them all.

Ugh..that hurt just typing it.

Never mind. My Dad was a cop.

Excuse me.

2. jchap

jchap Well-Known Member

1,232 Messages
    1,671 Likes Received
    I much prefer kneeling during the anthem to blocking traffic. It's high visibility and forces people to confront an actual problem we have in this country. I'm not mad at any player.

pjtoadie likes this.
  3. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,366 Messages
    17,075 Likes Received
    Look at how the media is preaching it and come back again. Reverend Sharpton is on the march.

cml750 and BourbonBalz like this.
  4. Pants

Pants Well-Known Member

5,250 Messages
    6,384 Likes Received
    140+ posts in under an hour.....

....hate this crap...stand up, you are getting paid in THIS country...Kapaernick was taking his shots at the police....can't stand him...I assume that the next time that clown needs some support, that all of the leftwingers can come crying to his house as it burns down or when he gets a flat tire, they can all come flying to his aid...no one with a uniform, past or present, will come to help him...and it should be the same way for anyone who kneels during the anthem

cml750, Chevyman08 and BourbonBalz like this.
  5. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

7,890 Messages
    4,670 Likes Received
    Patriotism, contact sports, cheerleaders,,, enjoy them while you can.

6. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

9,313 Messages
    8,718 Likes Received
    Do you have a problem with Muhammad Ali and what he stood for politically during the height of his fame?

Don't be on the wrong side of history. This is bigger than Kaepernick now, unfortunately. These guys aren't doing anything evil or sinister, they don't hate the country or the flag... they just want equality.

It's a noble cause to protest for, even if you think it's the wrong forum.

JDSTAR, Jstopper, dagreat1_87 and 3 others like this.
  7. bayeslife

bayeslife 187beatdown

8,976 Messages
    7,628 Likes Received
    I'm just posting this before Reality sends this thread into the fires of Mount Doom

8. DakotaReign

DakotaReign JaBoy

325 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Lol at infringing upon your "NFL fan rights".

Even if you hypothetically had said rights, the players are still executing their contracts, in full, and youre getting the football product you tune in to see.

9. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Well known member

3,023 Messages
    1,615 Likes Received
    Yep! I read an article today that said only 3 players knelt last week and after President Trump’s comments there were 300 or so.

10. Bleedblue1111

Bleedblue1111 Well-Known Member

1,553 Messages
    2,677 Likes Received
    With this whole politically charged railroading of Elliott in progress, and now with the politics of all this going on, not sure how much more I can stomach. I feel you, man. Wish they would remove the politics from our game.

BourbonBalz likes this.
  11. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,039 Messages
    3,936 Likes Received
    Yeah, and that something that I've NEVER done. Yet people like you seem to throw that term around pretty freely. I can also say this. Most of the time, the people constantly calling people racists tend to actually be the real racists. I treat people the way they treat me. I don't care what color you are, what religion you practice, etc. I expect the same.

cml750, Ring Leader, pjtoadie and 2 others like this.
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Troller of Trolls and apparent Dak slobberer Zone Supporter

39,532 Messages
    12,231 Likes Received
    Those players will lose a fan.

cml750 and BourbonBalz like this.
  13. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

7,570 Messages
    5,860 Likes Received
    Sure. They're supporting their colleagues against someone who called them SOBs and said they should be fired.

Jstopper and CanadianCowboysFan like this.
  14. CheapietheCheapskate

CheapietheCheapskate Benched

227 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    Yep, me too. I can watch college kids, who are playing the game for free.

15. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,885 Messages
    44,523 Likes Received
    No, it isn't. These are football players, most of which are dumber than a bag of hammers. They need to play football.

We're three hours from kickoff, and all we're discussing is this made-up issue that is based on complete lies and fabrications.

Chevyman08, jwitten82 and BourbonBalz like this.
  16. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,584 Messages
    7,407 Likes Received
    Watch me.

cml750 likes this.
  17. TWOK11

TWOK11 Well-Known Member

2,255 Messages
    6,162 Likes Received
    They go out and beat the Cardinals by three scores they can whip it out during the anthem for all I care.

18. buddieluver

buddieluver Member

50 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Joined cowboys zone around July 2007 mostly stay in the shadows but mods need to lock this thread up it is going to get out of hand.

DCBoysfan likes this.
  19. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

7,570 Messages
    5,860 Likes Received
    Well, now it sounds like you're accusing me of being a racist. What was "people like you" supposed to mean?

dagreat1_87 likes this.
  20. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

26,395 Messages
    9,535 Likes Received
    This would be a great come compromise: The Cowboys respect the anthem and flag. Then Sir Jerry convenes a 4-hour Saturday morning seminar about injustices and how to correct all of society's wrongs (including why some go hungry and homeless and some are paid millions) and let's see what the players' turnout is. See how many roll out of bed, on their time, to discuss injustices. :muttley:

Chevyman08 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.