News: Report: Tony Romo met with CBS bosses amid broadcasting criticism

KB1122

Reaction score
Started strong, started getting big contracts, performance slip. Sounds familiar.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Corporate propaganda, you ask me. Power trippers on the highwire.

Tony still gives descent comments on events of game. What do they want from him? Suedo-bot?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I haven’t noticed anything different from him the last few years. He’s always just winged games. Is it really an issue?

gtb1943

Reaction score
I haven’t noticed anything different from him the last few years. He’s always just winged games. Is it really an issue?
only to those that always hated him anyways; and are incensed he is doing well and enjoying life.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Apparently his bosses, like many fans, have noticed his drop off in the booth the last two seasons.

It's sounding like Tony prefers to play in the Celebrity golf tournaments than study for the gams.......................LOL Good time he was a monster contract that protects him from being fired!

Reaction score
Apparently his bosses, like many fans, have noticed his drop off in the booth the last two seasons.

I enjoy Romo's style and humor with bits of football knowledge sprinkled in. Some people act like he should be calling out every single play before it happens and that schtick gets old.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There’s that myth again! Have you not read the articles on the hours of practice he put in, the repetitions, the drive to achieve?

Someone in the media planted that seed, and the lack of playoff success “validated” it. His easygoing personality didn’t click with some people. They didn’t think he was dedicated, because he wasn’t visibly freaking out all the time.
So the media can't be trusted because they "plant seeds" to form a narrative as you say here and in other places (namely about your buddy Cowherd) but you know that Romo was super dedicated because of "articles?"

This stuff literally writes itself. Lol.

ESisback

Reaction score
So the media can't be trusted because they "plant seeds" to form a narrative as you say here and in other places (namely about your buddy Cowherd) but you know that Romo was super dedicated because of "articles?"

Still out “owning” people?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wow -- after 5 years of paying Romo the millions that they are, it looks like they finally want to get out from under it. :omg:
Nothing like badmouthing him to justify their self-serving ways. Tony R. deserves better than such shoddy treatment.:popcorn:

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yet again, CBS has stated they meet with all their on-air employees. It's directly in the NYP article but that columnist needs clicks since the football season is winding down.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

It can't be trusted because they have been verifiably wrong countless times. I mean, the freakin' dude tweeting this stuff out in the OP has outright had to change his narrative on this since the CBS spokeswoman fact slapped him.

ESisback

Reaction score
It can't be trusted because they have been verifiably wrong countless times. I mean, the freakin' dude tweeting this stuff out in the OP has outright had to change his narrative on this since the CBS spokeswoman fact slapped him.
There’s a huge audience that LOVES stories of dysfunction among present and former Cowboys.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Oh, I grew up in New York. The rag the OP quoted is pure trash. I know this. I was speaking to knocking the media after using the media to make one's own point. As is the case in greater society, "fake news" is all the stuff I don't agree/want to believe and "real news" is the stuff I do agree/want to believe.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
IMO Aikman has stepped up his game. Early on I think he dumb-ed it down and tried to be a little cute with Bucks attempt at dramatizing the game. TA received a lot of commentating accolades (deserving or not), however when TR came on the mic, it put a lot of commentators on notice and they had to research and work on their study of the game as it's happening. These guys are still competitive which is why I think TA and TR would make great front office personnel for a team.
You're right.

That pair would work better than the partners they both have right now. Both have shown they have the ability to see it from a non-partial perspective.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
only to those that always hated him anyways; and are incensed he is doing well and enjoying life.
He was/is highly overrated in Dallas as a QB, but I honestly don’t have an issue with his broadcasting. I do think Olsen is better than him but color guys are always an acquired taste. Aikman is my favorite by far, but I know a lot of people don’t like his style.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Have you noticed it listening to any of his recent games?
He was getting such rave reviews when he first began broadcasting that I think he has slipped some. Like players he might have gotten a little too full of himself reading his reviews.