Report updates what Cowboys' Trey Lance improved after ankle injury

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He should be allowed to shine in preseason if for nothing more than becoming trade bait.
That’s a tough one because he’s a free agent next offseason, so the trade bait has to be for a team that needs a starting QB with zero experience by the end of August.

Maybe someone reimburses your 4th, but what is the scenario where you get more than that?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lance will win the starting job in preseason.

It will just take a little while before he officially takes over the starting job.

The battle will be won many weeks before the war is over.
HAHAHA.

I cant wait to bring this up to you like you bring up me being wrong about zeke by a few hundred yards.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

It will just take a little while before he officially takes over the starting job.

well, he hasn't beaten rush yet. so there is that. reports are Rush has looked better than him in camp....so

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
HAHAHA.

I cant wait to bring this up to you like you bring up me being wrong about zeke by a few hundred yards.
The only way you get to do that is Dak being extended.

We know where you stand even though you try to pretend you want better QB play in Dallas.

Mr. “I can’t wait” (for Dak to be extended).

phildadon86

Reaction score
The only way you get to do that is Dak being extended.

We know where you stand even though you try to pretend you want better QB play in Dallas.

Mr. “I can’t wait” (for Dak to be extended).
No.

Stop spinning it.

Im talking about Lance starting next season. As you said.

Nothing to do with extensions .Dak is the starter barring injury. Regardless of how we feel about him.

Since you love bringing up the Zeke thing I was wrong about. When Lance doesnt start (barring injury) next season. I will remind you of that fact and you being wrong regardless of an extension or not.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No.

Stop spinning it.

Im talking about Lance starting next season. As you said.

Nothing to do with extensions .Dak is the starter barring injury. Regardless of how we feel about him.

Since you love bringing up the Zeke thing I was wrong about. When Lance doesnt start (barring injury) next season. I will remind you of that fact and you being wrong regardless of an extension or not.
Mr. “I can’t wait” (for Dak to be extended) got all excited and forgot that Dak not getting extended means Lance wins also.

I said in my post that even if the battle is won already the war must be completed first.

The war can be won many different ways.

You got all excited for nothing, kid.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

:laugh: :lmao: Once AGAIN you managed to be the first fan to reply. You must be on here 24/7 ready to jump when a thread about Dak is posted.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Mr. “I can’t wait” (for Dak to be extended) got all excited and forgot that Dak not getting extended means Lance wins also.

I said in my post that even if the battle is won already the war must be completed first.

The war can be won many different ways.

You got all excited for nothing, kid.
You got excited when Lance got traded for LAST season.

LOL. Talk about being excited for nothing.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Who knows what will happen with Trey. But a few things to mention that are true or not out of the realm of possibility 1) Jerry brought him in to be an eventual starter. 2) That the latter can happen is not out of the realm of possibility nor should it surprise anyone considering recent team history. No one thought Dak was going to play in his rookie season at all, let alone replace both the starter and backup as a rookie.

Trey can fail and fall out of NFL existence, but he can also go the other way too, and neither case should surprise anyone who is a fan of this team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The last one is the only one that matters.
If you honestly believe you’re going to get the last laugh by claiming Trey Lance will win the starting job in preseason, you’ve completely lost all sense of reality. I have your post bookmarked. :thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

How does a QB “win” a starting job but it takes a little while before they officially take over the starting job? :huh:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
How does a QB “win” a starting job but it takes a little while before they officially take over the starting job? :huh:
Lance playing so well in preseason and camp that a Dak extension is never spoken of again is Lance winning the job.

Just because someone isn’t the Week 1 starter doesn’t mean the job isn’t theirs.

Running the old bum out of town and you taking over is winning.

Don’t be dense.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Can't wait to see Lance in some preseason games. But that will be debated pros and cons regardless.

Some will say he looks great and will be the QB in 2025. Others will say it was only against scrubs.
Depending how one views the QB situation.

:popcorn: on this one.

This is what I am looking forward to most in TC. I like the idea of a young QB with potential taking over.
Not to be against Dak, I will root for him because he will be the starting QB. However, it is time for a change. Especially if bounced in the playoffs and a repeated performance of the past 2 years.
None of this even matters if we see that Dak has signed his deal. Lance could be all world in camp or in the pre season

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lance playing so well in preseason and camp that a Dak extension is never spoken of again is Lance winning the job.

Just because someone isn’t the Week 1 starter doesn’t mean the job isn’t theirs.

Running the old bum out of town and you taking over is winning.

Don’t be dense.
So much for your claim that you blocked me. I knew that was bogus and would lure you into responding. Lol

This is laughable and thinking like this is why Cowboys fans are mocked and made fun of.

I will not entertain it.

Blocked (until Dak is gone after the season and then I'll unblock to laugh at you)
You’re the only one getting laughed at. Lance is competing for the backup job. His competition will be Cooper Rush. What Lance does in preseason is going to have no effect on Dak’s contract situation. Lance could light it up and it won’t matter, because he’ll be playing against mostly backups and bubble players. Starters play very little in preseason. The only way Lance could have an effect on Dak’s contract situation, is if he were to get an opportunity during the regular season due to Dak being injured and he performs exceptionally well. It’s what he can do against “starters” in games that count, that could win him the job, causing the Cowboys to allow Dak to walk.

This is how Dak won the job. He got an opportunity during the regular season due to Romo’s injury and performed exceptionally well. He ended up stealing the job from Romo, which spelled the end for Romo in Dallas. If a QB “wins” a starting job, they’re starting immediately! There’s no such thing as a QB “winning” the starting job and having to wait to take over later in the season. Don’t know where you came up with that, but it’s laughable. Lol