Respect is what makes our forum work

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't get it. Crappy, no buttered popcorn and a one dimensional BBall player on a Football forum. What is the point of this post?
The unbuttered popcorn is putting me into a light, yet all-consuming rage.
I don't think I'd be able to even enjoy the "Feel-Good Movie Of The Summer!" now. Whatever that movie may be.

Trendnet

Reaction score
"I have no problems with different opinions"
"those who crap on anything the Cowboys do every thread, every post and every day. Those are the haters and they diminish the enjoyment of this site to a great extent"
Do you see the outright hypocrisy in your statements?

Hearing the same thing over and over does get tiring, no matter how much you respect others opinions.

I'm not sure why you find that difficult to comprehend.

InTheZone

Reaction score
thanks Bob. Words of wisdom. I’ve found the best way of dealing with the violaters is just to ignore them and don’t engage. After a while they get tired of talking to themselves. We all have our opinions and we’re here for fun. If you don’t agree just move on.
I'm a believer that showing the mirror may get them to read their own posts in a way they grow as a human if all they've done is call someone stupid from a disagreement.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"I have no problems with different opinions"
"those who crap on anything the Cowboys do every thread, every post and every day. Those are the haters and they diminish the enjoyment of this site to a great extent"
Do you see the outright hypocrisy in your statements?
No sure don’t.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The unbuttered popcorn is putting me into a light, yet all-consuming rage.
I don't think I'd be able to even enjoy the "Feel-Good Movie Of The Summer!" now. Whatever that movie may be.

See, this is why we work. I do not understand, at all, the concept of unbuttered popcorn. That is something that belongs in an article labeled, "Things you can eat that won't kill you but why in the Hell would you?"

Haimerej

Reaction score
See, this is why we work. I do not understand, at all, the concept of unbuttered popcorn. That is something that belongs in an article labeled, "Things you can eat that won't kill you but why in the Hell would you?"

Like rice cakes or quinoa

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Like kale. Makes me gag thinking about it. Then I'm wandering around Whole Foods and run into, get this: Dino Kale!
What in the ever-loving... It's terrifying!

03531_01_black_magic.jpg

That is assault and I will press charges!

Trendnet

Reaction score
When you have the same failed front office for a quarter of a century you tend to have the same complaints.

I'm not sure why you find that difficult to comprehend.

Go back to your one liners, making nuanced arguments isn't your area of expertise.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Like kale. Makes me gag thinking about it. Then I'm wandering around Whole Foods and run into, get this: Dino Kale!
What in the ever-loving... It's terrifying!

03531_01_black_magic.jpg

That is assault and I will press charges!

I can take it in a breakfast shake, if you add 10 times more stuff that is horrible for you and basically defeats the benefits of the Kale in the first place. All of that in a blender, plus some ice and then I'm OK with it but otherwise, I'm out on Kale.

Don't get me started on people who try to put it in soup. I will go medieval on that, just stand back and watch, I will!

Skillit

Reaction score
I hope you will allow me a moment to remind all of us here of the importance of respecting each other as fellow Cowboys fans….

When each of us signed up to be a part of this great forum, we agreed to follow its guiding rules. Three of the most important of those rules are as follows:
#8 - You will not personally attack or insult other members.
#9 - You will not troll or antagonize other members.
#10 - You will not stalk or continuously harass other members.

This is a forum. Which means it is purposely and intentionally designed to provide an opportunity for all to offer a variety of opinions. Like all opinion forums, having one set of common views is not going to happen. In fact the variety of opinions are what makes this place work!

Let me make a serious suggestion for anyone who lowers themselves below the standard we have set for mutual respect around here: When someone posts something you disagree with, tell them why you disagree, WITHOUT THE NAME CALLING AND INSULTS. It’s that simple. You can say, “Here’s where I disagree…” or “I think you’re wrong about ____”.

If we allow disrespect, insults, name-calling, etc to happen around here, we are literally destroying this great forum. What makes this place work is not that there is one right way to be a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. This place works because we can disagree without trying to harass, demean or disrespect our fellow fans.

I love this forum and respect everyone who takes the time to offer their opinions- even those I disagree with. If we’re going to keep this forum great, we must all do a better job of respecting each other.

I was at the Ranch for 12 years or so- I got sick of it so I came here.

TBH- I really don’t know if this site is better moderated (one of the mods was the reason I left the ranch) but my experience there definitely colored how I participate on internet chat boards.....which I guess for clarity’s sake would translate as ‘not much.’

I hardly post here but I read quite often. I just don’t have the energy to go back-and-forth with somebody because I didn’t think Demarcus Ware it was a first ballot Hall of Famer— or that Tony Romo was under appreciated or that TO was a cancer, or that Julius Jones was overrated, or that no one NO ONE drops the ball while falling to the ground like Dez Bryant, or whatever the lightning rod of the day was.

How someone’s opinion of a player can set people off on the internet amazes me......I’m like—aren’t you late for a road rage incident?

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Folks who give respect should get the same in return. If you don't get your fair share, check yourself first . . .:omg:

Gotta say BF, this is solid advice and I should really do more around following it, for sure. Nice post Buddy.