Respect is what makes our forum work

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Place is as toxic as FB and Twitter. We are here to argue with each other.
Yea but at least those aren’t anonymous members on the most part. You actually know who you’re responding to. Here, can’t always be sure.

It’s like those sites where you thought were chatting with a women but could have been a man posing as a women. Lol

Who wants to discuss Cowboys Football with a Giants or Eagles fan for example posing as a Cowboys fan? Not Me.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was at the Ranch for 12 years or so- I got sick of it so I came here.

TBH- I really don’t know if this site is better moderated (one of the mods was the reason I left the ranch) but my experience there definitely colored how I participate on internet chat boards.....which I guess for clarity’s sake would translate as ‘not much.’

I hardly post here but I read quite often. I just don’t have the energy to go back-and-forth with somebody because I didn’t think Demarcus Ware it was a first ballot Hall of Famer— or that Tony Romo was under appreciated or that TO was a cancer, or that Julius Jones was overrated, or that no one NO ONE drops the ball while falling to the ground like Dez Bryant, or whatever the lightning rod of the day was.

How someone’s opinion of a player can set people off on the internet amazes me......I’m like—aren’t you late for a road rage incident?
This site is nicely moderated and owner is administrator . Much much better than the old DC.com

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couldn't have said it better but you know me, I still got something to say.

We live in inflammatory times, simple debate doesn't take place around us so why should we expect that here? Because we deserve better, that's why. We come here to leave all that on the outside, which is why politics doesn't happen here.

I have three suggestions, most of which I focus on using about 95% of the time but find myself slipping at times because we are all human, at least 95% of us are human. One here is 95% human.

One, bring your sense of humor. Don't come angry and bringing that nasty ole real world with you, come with the idea of escaping that and disappearing into our little world. The large majority of us come here habitually, good to keep reminding ourselves why we like to do that. I need this fix on a daily basis, need to see your shining monikers and avatars. I also need the laughs and the sarcasm that has become a Cowboys fan's best friend. If sarcasm didn't exist, we would have created it.

Two, stay focused on the debating the opinion, not the poster. Once it becomes the poster, easily denigrates into a slap fest. Debate the idea and don't make it an attack on a opinion but a discussion. Act as if that person is right across from you, would you say those things to their face? Don't picture them angry, picture them hurt because that's what is happening. and I do not think that's the intention.

Three, cut the other posters here some slack as you would a friend. If you go to the OTZ, you will see a lot of our members here dealing with some issues of family, job and health and they're most likely looking for a break from that in other parts of the forum. Bullet aptly used respect, I would like to add kindness. We do not know what battles are being fought away from here, allow them not to have to fight battles here as well.

Unfortunately, a thread like this falls into the "Staff Come to Jesus Meeting". I spent most of my career in management and in one of my first management jobs had to have one of those "Staff Come to Jesus Meeting" things and it just so happens my first boss and life mentor was there at the back of the room. I finished, all beaming and certain I'd delivered a Sermon on the Mount worthy address.

I stood there and they all filed out with my boss the last in the room and he walked up and said "get ready". I said "ready for what"? "For several to come to your office". I said "good". He smiled and said "oh no, these will be the ones that the message wasn't intended for. The ones you were really addressing didn't think it applied to them". Dead on, I needlessly worried people who shouldn't have been. And like always, he let me learn the lesson instead of teaching it to me.

Folks, this place is too necessary for us not to take better care of it. Treat not only each other with respect but your forum because it is your forum, you help make it what it is.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
I don't get it. Crappy, no buttered popcorn and a one dimensional BBall player on a Football forum. What is the point of this post?
I eat a lot of junk food but I can't handle butter topping on popcorn. Movie theater popcorn with the buttered flavacol flavoring in theaters or at home is all I need.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I hope you will allow me a moment to remind all of us here of the importance of respecting each other as fellow Cowboys fans….

When each of us signed up to be a part of this great forum, we agreed to follow its guiding rules. Three of the most important of those rules are as follows:
#8 - You will not personally attack or insult other members.
#9 - You will not troll or antagonize other members.
#10 - You will not stalk or continuously harass other members.

This is a forum. Which means it is purposely and intentionally designed to provide an opportunity for all to offer a variety of opinions. Like all opinion forums, having one set of common views is not going to happen. In fact the variety of opinions are what makes this place work!

Let me make a serious suggestion for anyone who lowers themselves below the standard we have set for mutual respect around here: When someone posts something you disagree with, tell them why you disagree, WITHOUT THE NAME CALLING AND INSULTS. It’s that simple. You can say, “Here’s where I disagree…” or “I think you’re wrong about ____”.

If we allow disrespect, insults, name-calling, etc to happen around here, we are literally destroying this great forum. What makes this place work is not that there is one right way to be a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. This place works because we can disagree without trying to harass, demean or disrespect our fellow fans.

I love this forum and respect everyone who takes the time to offer their opinions- even those I disagree with. If we’re going to keep this forum great, we must all do a better job of respecting each other.
Sounds good!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I eat a lot of junk food but I can't handle butter topping on popcorn. Movie theater popcorn with the buttered flavacol flavoring in theaters or at home is all I need.

Oh no, you don't understand. When I go to the theater, which is once in a blue moon when Covid wasn't screwing everything up, I would ask for a biggest popcorn sold. Then I would ask that they only fill it up a quarter of the way. Then I would take that and soak it in butter. I don't know if you have this where you are at but here, you can add your own butter in an area where you can add to whatever you purchase, butter or peppers and Queso on your natchos or hot mustard on you dog etc. Anyway, I would load up a quarter of the popcorn, then give it back and have them add another quarter and just rinse and repeat for the whole bucket, quarter by quarter. That's the best part of going to the Movies!

:laugh:

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better but you know me, I still got something to say.

We live in inflammatory times, simple debate doesn't take place around us so why should we expect that here? Because we deserve better, that's why. We come here to leave all that on the outside, which is why politics doesn't happen here.

I have three suggestions, most of which I focus on using about 95% of the time but find myself slipping at times because we are all human, at least 95% of us are human. One here is 95% human.

One, bring your sense of humor. Don't come angry and bringing that nasty ole real world with you, come with the idea of escaping that and disappearing into our little world. The large majority of us come here habitually, good to keep reminding ourselves why we like to do that. I need this fix on a daily basis, need to see your shining monikers and avatars. I also need the laughs and the sarcasm that has become a Cowboys fan's best friend. If sarcasm didn't exist, we would have created it.

Two, stay focused on the debating the opinion, not the poster. Once it becomes the poster, easily denigrates into a slap fest. Debate the idea and don't make it an attack on a opinion but a discussion. Act as if that person is right across from you, would you say those things to their face? Don't picture them angry, picture them hurt because that's what is happening. and I do not think that's the intention.

Three, cut the other posters here some slack as you would a friend. If you go to the OTZ, you will see a lot of our members here dealing with some issues of family, job and health and they're most likely looking for a break from that in other parts of the forum. Bullet aptly used respect, I would like to add kindness. We do not know what battles are being fought away from here, allow them not to have to fight battles here as well.

Unfortunately, a thread like this falls into the "Staff Come to Jesus Meeting". I spent most of my career in management and in one of my first management jobs had to have one of those "Staff Come to Jesus Meeting" things and it just so happens my first boss and life mentor was there at the back of the room. I finished, all beaming and certain I'd delivered a Sermon on the Mount worthy address.

I stood there and they all filed out with my boss the last in the room and he walked up and said "get ready". I said "ready for what". "For several to come to your office". I said "good". He smiled and said "oh no, these will be the ones that the message wasn't intended for. The ones you were really addressing didn't think it applied to them". Dead on, I needlessly worried people who shouldn't have been. And like always, he let me learn the lesson instead of teaching it to me.

Folks, this place is too necessary for us not to take better care of it. Treat not only each other with respect but your forum because it is your forum, you help make it what it is.
I'm still failing to see how breaking 8-10 is not self evident in a pejorative/loaded title. By definition it will be personal as the person already has a label - not the idea. I could not care less whether it stays up or not, but it really offer;s nothing about football or the Cowboys or the NFL

InTheZone

Reaction score
Oh no, you don't understand. When I go to the theater, which is once in a blue moon when Covid wasn't screwing everything up, I would ask for a biggest popcorn sold. Then I would ask that they only fill it up a quarter of the way. Then I would take that and soak it in butter. I don't know if you have this where you are at but here, you can add your own butter in an area where you can add to whatever you purchase, butter or peppers and Queso on your natchos or hot mustard on you dog etc. Anyway, I would load up a quarter of the popcorn, then give it back and have them add another quarter and just rinse and repeat for the whole bucket, quarter by quarter. That's the best part of going to the Movies!

:laugh:
sounds like a 3 layered bucket of popcorn, my stomach would be rumbling within seconds lol. My theater does have toppings/seasonings of choice, but I don't do those

btw if you want movie theater popcorn at home buy yourself some flavacol, no hull kernels (typical name brand is usually more stale than buying from a vendor that specializes in popcorn), and a decent popcorn machine with a clear bowl/lid and center stirrer (easier to clean than the mini theater poppers) with pure coconut oil (can have beta carotene for coloring)

I found out about flavacol last year and have been making theater popcorn once a week at the minimum.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
sounds like a 3 layered bucket of popcorn, my stomach would be rumbling within seconds lol. My theater does have toppings/seasonings of choice, but I don't do those

btw if you want movie theater popcorn at home buy yourself some flavacol, no hull kernels (typical name brand is usually more stale than buying from a vendor that specializes in popcorn), and a decent popcorn machine with a clear bowl/lid and center stirrer (easier to clean than the mini theater poppers) with pure coconut oil (can have beta carotene for coloring)

I found out about flavacol last year and have been making theater popcorn once a week at the minimum.

Nice! Alas, I have two daughters and a wife that are constantly on a diet of one kind or another. Eating popcorn seems to be salient to any and all of these diet variations. Suffice to say, there is never any spare popcorn around here.

Sigh...........

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea but at least those aren’t anonymous members on the most part. You actually know who you’re responding to. Here, can’t always be sure.

It’s like those sites where you thought were chatting with a women but could have been a man posing as a women. Lol

Who wants to discuss Cowboys Football with a Giants or Eagles fan for example posing as a Cowboys fan? Not Me.
There’s a bunch of them even in this thread that are fans of our rivals....that’s really what this boils down to.....

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Nice! Alas, I have two daughters and a wife that are constantly on a diet of one kind or another. Eating popcorn seems to be salient to any and all of these diet variations. Suffice to say, there is never any spare popcorn around here.

Sigh...........
Buy some and hide it When they go shopping devour it :popcorn:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I am totes ordering some.
Thanks!

John813

Reaction score
I was at the Ranch for 12 years or so- I got sick of it so I came here.

TBH- I really don’t know if this site is better moderated (one of the mods was the reason I left the ranch) but my experience there definitely colored how I participate on internet chat boards.....which I guess for clarity’s sake would translate as ‘not much.’

I hardly post here but I read quite often. I just don’t have the energy to go back-and-forth with somebody because I didn’t think Demarcus Ware it was a first ballot Hall of Famer— or that Tony Romo was under appreciated or that TO was a cancer, or that Julius Jones was overrated, or that no one NO ONE drops the ball while falling to the ground like Dez Bryant, or whatever the lightning rod of the day was.

How someone’s opinion of a player can set people off on the internet amazes me......I’m like—aren’t you late for a road rage incident?

The state took away my drivers license so here I am.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm still failing to see how breaking 8-10 is not self evident in a pejorative/loaded title. By definition it will be personal as the person already has a label - not the idea. I could not care less whether it stays up or not, but it really offer;s nothing about football or the Cowboys or the NFL
I will take this under advisement, as soon as I find an advisor to interpret this for me,

InTheZone

Reaction score
I am totes ordering some.
Thanks!
I've never really measured out how much flavacol or coconut oil I've used, but in a machine like this I usually take a regular spoon and scoop out like 3 chunks of coconut oil to get the entire heating surface coated. You want the oil to come up around knee or waist high to the kernels. If you find your popcorn oily then you added too much oil. It took me 3 tries to get the oil and flavacol ratio right for me.

As the oil is melted I sprinkle flavacol all around, overall I would say a 3rd of the surface is covered in flavacol if you were to condense it all to one side. Too much flavacol will lessen the oil mixture for the kernels so add more oil if it looks on the dryer side before popping. When the popcorn is done taste test it. If they are too light in flavor then obviously add more flavacol next time. If I had to guess, around 3 tablespoons of flavacol are used to every 1/2 cup of popcorn I use.

This is the machine I bought from amazon, just gently hand wash and never soak in water since the cooking surface isn't sealed against the bowl underneath it, don't want anything to run down the sides internally.

heat oil, then add flavacol, after a minute or so before it gets too hot add kernels evently, add clear lid, leave lid cover (red portion off) so it can vent, when popping goes a second or two between pops turn off add red lid cover, turn over and serve.

71GgYdv51EL._AC_SL1500_.jpg