Restaurants You Refuse to Eat At?

HungryLion

Reaction score
I grew up in the northeast eating thin crust NY style pizza from local mom and pop pizzerias. I had always heard about how good Chicago style was but I really didn't know anything about it or what made it different. In my late 30's I found myself in Chicago with some time to kill so I asked around for the best place to get Chicago style pizza. When the pizza was brought out to me I thought they screwed up and gave me some sort of casserole type dish. My first and last time ordering Chicago style pizza.

On another note, I just watched a documentary on pizza in the USA. Apparently pizza was pretty much unknown across the country, relegated to the Italian areas of big cities. The founders of Pizza Hut changed all that and made pizza popular across the Midwest and eventually coast to coast. Two Irish guys who had no idea what they were doing are responsible for Pizza as we know it.
Same here man.

Growing up in the Philly area and northeast in general. There’s a locally owned pizza parlor like every single shopping center or mile it seems. Literally the town I live in now. There are 8 locally owned pizza joints within 5 square miles. That’s NOT including Pizza Hut and dominos which we also haven’t

Anyway growing up in this area. You’re so used to local pizza places just being part of the culture.

But then you visit other parts of the country and pizza places are generally few and far between and/or they only have the chain ones like Pizza Hut, papa John’s, dominos, etc.

It’s very different.

I had no idea the people who started Pizza Hut were the ones responsible for popularizing it across the country. Smart business decisions on their part.

Last edited:

catiii

Reaction score
In n out and olive garden. Both are absolutely terrible food.
In N Out burgers LOOK so perfect, like smiley little bundles, even the veges LOOK perfect, but they don't fully wrap them. The first 1/2 paper wrap gets soggy and you end up eating paper AND most importantly, they have absolutely Z E R O flavour. You would think their attempt at "secret sauce" would help but nada. Might as well be eating a plastic toy burger. Even the fries are totally tasteless.
Olive Garden has a new salad rip off trick. They fill the bowl with so many croutons, the lettuce is virtually non-existent/

Passepartout

Reaction score
McDonald's burgers are too greasy for me but love their French Fries. Usually not much over in a seafood fan but love shrimp.

catiii

Reaction score
And did I say that NEVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE HAVE I EVER HAD A HOT FRESHLY MADE MCDONALD'S BURGER. EVER. Haven't gone back in many years.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
McDonald's burgers are too greasy for me but love their French Fries. Usually not much over in a seafood fan but love shrimp.
I still think McD's has the best French Fries in the industry. If you get a fresh batch, they're hard to beat.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Restaurant-74.jpg

Restaurant-68.jpg

Restaurant-27.jpg

Restaurant-13.jpg

Restaurant-7.jpg

Restaurant-6.jpg

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Old fart table :laugh: :laugh:

I’ve seen that one that hangs in the air before. No thanks.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I used to love Chili's and their famous Terlingua Pride burger... but that was in the late 70's and early 80's.

Today's Chili's has no resemblance to the original restaurant started in Texas. The food is ordinary, greasy and bland.