Results for Malcolm Kelly and Reggie Smith

Reaction score
Like I stated a long time ago... I would stay away from OU players unless they're lineman.

He shouldn't be blaming anyone...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2030246 said:
Like I stated a long time ago... I would stay away from OU players unless they're lineman.

well if he prepared for one thing and they switched it up on him on the morning of then i think theres some one at fault.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
CATCH17;2030137 said:
Thats like saying the NFL no longer uses a track either.

Put any of these guys on field turf and your going to see a decrease.

Reggie Smith ran a high 4.6 - I mean come on he is faster than that.

How many OU games do you typically watch every year?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2030246 said:

I don't know.

Adrian Peterson could play for my team any day of the week.

Reaction score
Vintage;2030277 said:
I don't know.

Adrian Peterson could play for my team any day of the week.

He's the one exception to the rule... Darren Sproles has turned to be pretty good too.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Darren Sproles played for K-State
------------------

Hash exclusive: The Malcolm Kelly Report

April 9, 2008 6:42 PM

Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly skipped the combine and his pro day because of a lingering leg injury, but he finally worked out earlier today. I just talked to an AFC scout who attended Kelly's highly anticipated workout, and he definitely wasn't blown away.

"He's not a bad receiver," said the scout. "He just can't run that well. I've read where the media has him going near the top 10, but I just don't think he's that type of player."

According to our scout, Kelly ran a 4.68 40-yard dash on his first attempt and a 4.65 on his second. That's not awful for a 6-4, 227-pound receiver, but it won't move him up in the draft. Everyone who had him going to the Bills at No. 11 is now sliding him down the board.

Kelly had a 32-inch vertical leap and a 9-foot, 11-inch broad jump. He had a pretty impressive 4.35 in the short shuttle and a 11.91 in the long shuttle. His three-cone time was 7.10. To put that in perspective, Houston receiver Donnie Avery recently recorded one of the best three-cone times in league history with a 6.38. And another scout I talked to had him at 6.29. What does that mean?

Probably not a whole lot, but I do think Avery's going to make a team look smart in the second or third round. Cal's DeSean Jackson went No. 24 to the Titans in our fans mock draft today on ESPN 103.3 FM, but I think that's too high. Jackson's a more polished player than Avery, but he has some character issues. That's the last thing the Titans need after the Pacman fiasco.

Malcolm Kelly, DeSean Jackson, Donnie Avery, Pacman Jones

Read comments or leave a comment

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Mike Williams had a 6.95 3 cone. If you're slow and unmotivated, you're slow and unmotivated. Simply pointing out that his 3 cone didn't suck doesn't help him much.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
i have buffalo at 11 in our mock draft and will NOT take Kelly after that horrid time in the 40.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2030264 said:
How many OU games do you typically watch every year?

About 95% of them.

I also hate OU with a passion.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Didn't read all the way through this thread, but here is some info from KFFL:

Cowboys | Team showing strong interest in M. Kelly
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:50:34 -0700

John Murphy, Yahoo! Sports, reports the Dallas Cowboys are showing strong interest in University of Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;2030498 said:

John Murphy, Yahoo! Sports, reports the Dallas Cowboys are showing strong interest in University of Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly.

But, but Jerry said we won't be looking at WRs.....guess he thinks of him as a late second rounder now...not...think I need to sleep til the draft.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDave95;2029907 said:
Kelly said he had been preparing for the last month to test on Astroturf and was running the 40 in under 4.5 seconds on that surface.

"People want to say surface is surface, but it's a lot more to it than that," Kelly said. "You have to think about how much ground time you have running on this mushy surface here and how much ground time you have on Astroturf.
umm...

It's more than two weeks until the draft.

Your agent has that long to reschedule another pro day somewhere else that has Astroturf. Problem solved.

...right?

If he reschedules and runs the times he boasts about, his stock shoots back up every team's draft board. If not, he's risking a lot of greenbacks, but if his agent doesn't try to rectify the problem, the damage already done could get worse.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyfan4life_mark;2030498 said:

KFFL's reporting of John Murphy blurbs have been a bit suspect lately. Gotta look that up on Yahoo to see if there really is a blurb with that info.

Although, it's not a hard reach, considering they're bringing him to Valley Ranch.