Revealing insight from Brown Sugar , straight from Cowboy players

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KaiserSoze said:
I agree. Which players?

Perhaps Brownsugar can shed some light on this.
sbk, your issues and purpose are really transparent.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hostile said:
That's SBK??? Hey dude...nice to see you, but is there some rule against using your old handles here just because you frequent another forum?

zack

Reaction score
DipChit said:
I respect what you're saying there, zack, but just out of curiosity you think they woulda lost faith had they made a blockbuster deal for Manning since he was an outsider and his signing came at the expense of the likeable, hard working, Carter?

I think the team would have been fine with that. I would have been fine with that. Why because Manning has more to offer. Vinny doesn't. I think the team can figure out that this is a short term deal and many probably felt that BP was throwing the season away.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
That's SBK??? Hey dude...nice to see you, but is there some rule against using your old handles here just because you frequent another forum?
No, there is no rule against it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zack said:
I think the team would have been fine with that. I would have been fine with that. Why because Manning has more to offer. Vinny doesn't. I think the team can figure out that this is a short term deal and many probably felt that BP was throwing the season away.
Or building towards 2005 so they haven't seen the urgency.

zack

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Or building towards 2005 so they haven't seen the urgency.

Exactly. Hos, where did you play college ball?

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Carter was also the team captain with anderson. Also id like more people to respond to the qoute by the COwBOY PLAYERS THEMSELVES as well.

Ok, I'll respond. IMO any player who believes that karma is the reason they are playing like crap should start having his agent line up some tryouts for some other teams, just to get a head start and to prepare for the inevitable release once BP finds out about such a lame excuse.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
First off Hi guys and gals. I have read this forum for a few weeks, I usually see some real good posts here.

This one, is just nuts. We didnt cut Aikman for god sakes we cut Quincy Carter. I can see a couple of his close teamates being upset for about a day.

Carter is a career back up at best. There is no way this team was upset so much by his departure, (which by the way was his own fault) that this season they just cant play.

I doubt there is a receiver on this team that would rather have Carter throwing them the ball over VT.

Sorry that my first post had to be about Carter, hes gone, I just couldnt stand this one. Its the funniest post I have seen in a long time. There have been tons of them lately but this one takes the cake. :rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I played college ball, had a similar circumstance happen on that team with multiple team leaders, saw them get disciplined, and the team moved on.

BYU is a hard place to smoke em if you got em, aye Hos?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
We all know the the hard, cold, reality of internet opinion boards is where the battles are TRULY won and lost. As long as we say that Quincy's removal didnt mean anything on an internet messageboard over and over again, then it just has to be true.

May we then assume, Rosh, that the reverse also holds true?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
BYU is a hard place to smoke em if you got em, aye Hos?
Every school has its issues. Steroids and forging prescriptions for pain killers took down some good players. One was an All American TE, another a 2nd team LB. Both were captains.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
First off Hi guys and gals. I have read this forum for a few weeks, I usually see some real good posts here.

This one, is just nuts. We didnt cut Aikman for god sakes we cut Quincy Carter. I can see a couple of his close teamates being upset for about a day.

Carter is a career back up at best. There is no way this team was upset so much by his departure, (which by the way was his own fault) that this season they just cant play.

I doubt there is a receiver on this team that would rather have Carter throwing them the ball over VT.

Sorry that my first post had to be about Carter, hes gone, I just couldnt stand this one. Its the funniest post I have seen in a long time. There have been tons of them lately but this one takes the cake. :rolleyes:
Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll enjoy it here.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Carter was a hard worker, busted his *** and was prepared to play. He had 3 years invested with his teamates. They rode it to the playoffs, had build a losing team into something.

Like him or hate him, he was the starting QB. He's cut for an "alledged" second offense? You think he's the first Cowboy to get there? lol

They cut him and handed it to a 41 year old outsider. I believe Brown Sugar - the Karma Quotes are probably accurate. Sh's always been right on.

As a fan last year I was into this team, thought that Quincy was growing into the Job. We jelled and made a playoff run. Today we have a 41 year old quarterback and are back like two years ago calling for a rusted ex baseball player to save the day.

There is no air in the baloon?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Mash said:
IMHO....The players from last year are seeing things differently this year. Carter made a mistake....do doubt.

But he was our starting QB on a team that won 10 games last year. He practiced hard and studied film longer than anyone else on the team.

Parcells preached hard work...Carter did that....he wanted his QB to have no life during the season....Carter was in early and left late. Players see that.

Parcells brings in a few of his guys and some other character vets....and they recieve different treatment then what most players recieved last year.

Carter complained about snaps....wasn't shown enough respect. He was the starting QB on a 10 win team and Parcells brings in a 41 year old that no other team wanted and he splits snaps with Carter......I see nothing wrong in complaining about that.

Bryant saw the same stuff happening......complained....then traded.

Parcells spoke out of one side of his mouth and did another.

Carter worked hard....studied hard....made a mistake and was cut on a team that had a 41 year old QB and two young QB's as green as a pot plant ready for harvest. It sent the wrong message to the club.

We should of kept Carter as a backup

Now we max protect.....we don't play our best runners because "we can't trust them" on blitz pickups.....because we have no one behind Vinny

Why run thru a wall for a coach who doesn't back you up or give you a chance. Yet older vets...like Wiley, George...Ward....have shown nothing in performance but get a free pass.

Carter may never have the talent to succeed in this league...but thats not the point....what players saw was a guy who was dedicated to Parcells and his ways....did everything asked by Parcells with limited talent. Yet when Carter needed Parcell the most....Parcell cut him.....no demotion....no second chance.

But he later brings in other trouble vets.....

go figure......

What's the moral of this story? I'd say that it's something like, "If your not good enough to write your own ticket, then shut the hell up and play."

I know that sounds harsh but it's the reality of being a professional. You always have a choice in life. You can do what you know is expected of you, from your employer or you can do what you want and run the risk of certain consequences.

It's really as simple as that.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Amazed by all of this. I mean, really, did any of you Carter supporters watch him play last year? The guy was a serious liability down the stretch. He couldn't produce. He couldn't bring a team down from behind. Vinny is nothing but a place holder at QB and I still think he has a better feel for the QB position that the infamous QC.

QB play isn't losing this team games.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Every school has its issues. Steroids and forging prescriptions for pain killers took down some good players. One was an All American TE, another a 2nd team LB. Both were captains.

Hey man, your preaching to the choir. I understand, and I agree. Certain things must be held fast if your ever going to succed. It's the way it is in every walk of life. Doesn't matter if you agree with it from a phylisophical stand point or not. Until your in a position to make the rules, you have to adhear to them. Been that way every day of every person's life. No exceptions.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
Amazed by all of this. I mean, really, did any of you Carter supporters watch him play last year? The guy was a serious liability down the stretch. He couldn't produce. He couldn't bring a team down from behind. Vinny is nothing but a place holder at QB and I still think he has a better feel for the QB position that the infamous QC.

QB play isn't losing this team games.

MAYBE, that with Quincy we relied more on the run and were more balanced. We were 7-2 last year. We are 2-4.

One fact ir irrefutable, VT at QB is not an upgrade so far. What was his record last season? Nice stats but no Wubuwahs

VoR

Reaction score
zack said:

Let's see:
Keyshawn,Anderson,George
Those guys say they're 100% behind Vinny. So who's not behind him then?
Seems like Witten is having a good year with VT at QB so I doubt it's him. Face it Parcells has all his guys and those guys are behind Parcells and VT. I guess you think the defenseive guys are not. So that explains why Newman has sucked right? All because Carter is not there to help team morale. That's BS.

Vinney hasn't been bad,no rushing threat has. And the defense just outright sucks...................Face it.

KaiserSoze

Reaction score
Hostile said:

huh?

i just want to know what players said it. i just want to know what is wrong with my team. and if it is cutting Q-man, i want to know who said it.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Nors said:
Carter was a hard worker, busted his *** and was prepared to play. He had 3 years invested with his teamates. They rode it to the playoffs, had build a losing team into something.

Like him or hate him, he was the starting QB. He's cut for an "alledged" second offense? You think he's the first Cowboy to get there? lol

They cut him and handed it to a 41 year old outsider. I believe Brown Sugar - the Karma Quotes are probably accurate. Sh's always been right on.

As a fan last year I was into this team, thought that Quincy was growing into the Job. We jelled and made a playoff run. Today we have a 41 year old quarterback and are back like two years ago calling for a rusted ex baseball player to save the day.

There is no air in the baloon?

Carter was a hard worker, Parcells liked the kid. Problem is Carter wasnt to smart. He had the chance of a lifetime along side a coach willing to stand by his mistake riddled season.

HE decided that some mary jane was more importent, Parcells decided his talent wasnt that importent. He couldnt land a job untill the Jets second stringer goes down.

They guy was a run of the mill qb, he rode a defense that played good against bad teams. When the defense needed the ofense to score more points, like more than eighteen Carter couldnt handel the pressure and made mistakes. Now I'm not putting all the blame on Carter but the 41 Vinny is doing better with the same O. We are just facing better teams this season than they were last season.

Carter wasnt the difference maker last season by no stretch of the imagination.