CFZ Rewatching the game

glimmerman

Reaction score
I did notice us holding a lot on a rewatch.
On every play we held. If we were not holding we were going for the knees or face masking. I know I saw a few plays where we poked eyes. Other team played a fair game..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is not a game the Cowboys would have won earlier in the season. The offense wasn’t near potent or explosive enough to overcome the defensive problems we had.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Watching the game again and paying attention to the trenches. Anyone else do this and tell me how many times we were held. I know I know it happens every play. But wow.

It has to be defeating for Parsons. He knows when he lines up he has to fight off double teams that are also holding him. First quarter when MM didnt take the penalty and they burned Bland twice with metcalf and they stalled because Parsons put pressure on and they miss the fg. Watching Parsons coming right up the middle he is held and wrestled down and he still gets through and is pushed from behind to the ground. How does the ref not see this.

Not to mention the rest of the guys being held up front. This happens game in and game out. But they will sure call us for holding.. And alot of times we are actually holding. But blatant holds like this.

Ok blow me up as a conspiracy guy. Remove the tin foil cap. Making excuses. Blah blah blah…

The refs in this league are terrible and nothing will be done about it. 11:46 in the second quarter Tyler Smith from the 2 yard line pushed a guy back to the goal line. Some of the other O-Line did the same. He is called for illegal man down field. We still score so nobody will mention it. But wth is that about. I am sure someone can get technical with the rules that would allow the refs to bend the rule to fit the flag.

NFL will never announce they are sports entertainment because the betting will stop.

Also watching the game our secondary was horrid. With no pressure even geno can carve you up. Bland trailing in coverage will never look back for the ball. If he does he would have had 3 easy picks.

10:18 in the second Parsons held again.
you are right that legal man downfield nonsense from the 2 yard line... lot of confused people on that one since it's supposed to be what 3 to 5 yards and of you are at the 2 how does that even come into play? seemed like make up call for something.
bland is young and he will look back at all that film and he will see things to work on..

yeah the micah parsons thing is a mystery.. how can i play your with his stature be allowed to be held and beat up with out a least a few more cals game..its so obvious right in front of everyone and no calls. .

TwentyOne

Reaction score
There was a lot of flags flying in that game. Commentators were even joking and commenting about it. The hc for seahags likes his players to be overly aggressive and want the other team to come back. The person that hits back gets the flag.
Yes you are right the refs were calling way too many things. The game were going fast and very watchable. They influenced that in a bad way.

Still i think it wasnt like they were biased against us.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I’ll say it again…

And again.

You can call holding on EVERY single play.

For both teams on the field of play.

I saw Tyler Smith hold numerous times last night.

It goes both ways.
You but we never HOLD.

When we grab the Seahawks edge rushes and yank them backwards by the jersey it's not holding....it's more just a bang bang keep the guy from sacking our QB spur of the moment kind of thingy.

Besides....you shouldn't be paying attention to our guys grabbing their pass rushers. What are ye, a SeaHacks fan? You should be watching their Wide Receivers doing all the OPI down the field every single play

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Watching the game again and paying attention to the trenches. Anyone else do this and tell me how many times we were held. I know I know it happens every play. But wow.

It has to be defeating for Parsons. He knows when he lines up he has to fight off double teams that are also holding him. First quarter when MM didnt take the penalty and they burned Bland twice with metcalf and they stalled because Parsons put pressure on and they miss the fg. Watching Parsons coming right up the middle he is held and wrestled down and he still gets through and is pushed from behind to the ground. How does the ref not see this.

Not to mention the rest of the guys being held up front. This happens game in and game out. But they will sure call us for holding.. And alot of times we are actually holding. But blatant holds like this.

Ok blow me up as a conspiracy guy. Remove the tin foil cap. Making excuses. Blah blah blah…

The refs in this league are terrible and nothing will be done about it. 11:46 in the second quarter Tyler Smith from the 2 yard line pushed a guy back to the goal line. Some of the other O-Line did the same. He is called for illegal man down field. We still score so nobody will mention it. But wth is that about. I am sure someone can get technical with the rules that would allow the refs to bend the rule to fit the flag.

NFL will never announce they are sports entertainment because the betting will stop.

Also watching the game our secondary was horrid. With no pressure even geno can carve you up. Bland trailing in coverage will never look back for the ball. If he does he would have had 3 easy picks.

I felt the referees favored us in last night's game, and never thought I would hear this today. I'm not sure if it was our first or 2nd touchdown we were actually holding, and the benefit of no call was a touchdown. I was holding my breath hoping they wouldn't throw the flag, and they didn't. I got no complaints. If they didn't flag Seattle 36 yard field goal and make it 41 he might not have missed. I think they do their best they just made some mistakes last night on both sides of the ball and I felt we benefited.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Micah used a lot of inside moves last night that I've not see him do for years now, it's usually just run straight up the field and take myself out of the play
You don’t watch the games do you?

Micah goes inside!

He also rushes from the inside. You probably didn’t realize that.

ksadler1

Reaction score
That’s looked like a case of MM being the guy that rogers said he was.. He has a hard time handling everything a HC has to do. Very questionable playcalling. I would almost be more comfortable letting Dak call his own plays.
I don't have a problem with a high % pass, but that was just thrown up for grabs and essentially gave the Seahawks an extra 40 seconds and a timeout. Had the Seahawks executed that last 4th down play, they would have had 1:07 on the clock on our side of the field. Not good game management by MM or Dak. Just thankful for Parsons disrupting that play.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I rewatched, and the thing that comes to me is before this rewatch, I was kinda hard on the safety play (and on Gallup). But I'm more on the pass rush now. I think the safeties are more accustomed to the pass rush getting home, so they can be aggressive, and since the pass rush was not effective, the aggressiveness bit them.

As for Gallup, I like him, but maybe as a #4 now.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on the board but neither team punted. It’s only the fifth time in NFL history that’s happened.
Yeah I saw somewhere that McCarthy was head coach in 3 of em

Motorola

Reaction score

Cowboys' FO & Coaching Staff have been mute on the opponents' treatment of Parsons all season long.

The local sports media doesn't bring up the subject, or question Owner-GM Jones about it during his radio show, press conferences, or interviews.

If the Cowboys remain silent about it - for whatever reason(s) ...
Parsons will continually be abused.

Last edited:

Madtowner

Reaction score
Micah used a lot of inside moves last night that I've not see him do for years now, it's usually just run straight up the field and take myself out of the play
Sorry, but this is an idiotic take on what Parsons “usually” does.