Twitter: Rex Ryan interviewed for Cowboys DC job

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
If you pay attention to his Dallas critiques on ESPN over the years, it feels like he's been angling for a job here for awhile.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I do not want this guy

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Another former head coach... pretty clear to see what Jerry's thinking is here.

I haven't heard of Rex Ryan in forever, and looking him up, I don't think he's been involved with football for the past 5 years. Don't know if his heart is still in it.

Oddly enough, it's the same deal with Zimmer. Dudes who've been far away from the NFL, until Jerry came calling.

Aven8

Reaction score
Just heard Mike has the same agent as Wink. They were trying to set up an interview with him. Having said that Wink is on his way to Michigan to interview for the DC job

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
My problem with Rex is that he is - yet another - SELF PROMOTER. For that reason, no...

but we could do a whole lot worse.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Did i claim he forgot how to coach?

Better choices are available who have actually been around the game the last 7 years.
Did i claim he forgot how to coach?

Better choices are available who have actually been around the game the last 7 years.
You didn't outright say it but I thought it was implied. My bad if that wasn't what you were saying. I so humbly apologize to you sir.

He was a very good dcoodinator and it isn't like he has been fishing out in South Florida all the 7 years. I hope he has been astute to the changing game. That being said I want young and fresh on both sides of the ball myself.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Dallas DC qualification:

* Over 65
* Name recognition
* Previous success 10-20 years ago

Marketing 101… over half the fans will eat it up

:laugh:
What jersies and other merch have you purchased with your own money?
How much did you spend?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think we have the guys for Rex Ryan's defensive scheme. Maybe we can get them over a few years but by that time, MM and Dak will be gone for not getting us to a SB.

dupree89

Reaction score
I probably shouldn't be, but I am surprised at the division amongst members on this topic. Not so much the division, but how some people are so testy about it.

MikeT22

Reaction score
What jersies and other merch have you purchased with your own money?
How much did you spend?
Not sure what this has to do with my post, but the only jersey I’ve ever owned is an Aikman one I bought in the early ‘90’s about 30 years ago. Not really a jersey guy.

I also had a couple of ball caps and sweatshirts, Cowboys and my college team during my teens and 20’s.
When I was a kid, even thru college, I had some Cowboys posters and penant in my room…Staubach, Dorsett, Randy White, Harvey Martin and then an Aikman one.

I kind of grew out of posters and team oriented clothes back then. Nothing wrong with it, just not my style.

dupree89

Reaction score
They talk very fast, so try a lower playback speed, I recommend...

the guy in the upper left corner whoever he is...I agree totally with one thing I totally disagree with another

agree where he said this defense with Rex would have arrogance

disagree with him saying rex isnt a blitz guy.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
There's zero chance they select Durde, so I'm ruling him out. Of all the other confirned and rumored interviews, Rivera is the only guy I simply can't bring myself to accept.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
My problem with Rex is that he is - yet another - SELF PROMOTER. For that reason, no...

but we could do a whole lot worse.
Great. So he’d seamlessly fit right in. The problem is not going away until ownership changes, so you might as well embrace it.