Rex Ryan said he could have fixed the Cowboys defense this season. had they offered him more money

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
From Rex Point Of View On What His Saying Today..

This Feels Like 2023 And Were Only 3 Games In Of This Season.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dez makes a good point. I was getting the impression the players weren't buying in to the system yesterday.
This was something I was saying all offseason. You have the personnel for Quinn’s high risk, high reward defense. Gambling corners, best player is a 3-4 pure pass rushing LB, no dominant DTs, no husky LBers, no big violent DBs… This is the opposite of the players Zimmer needs.

Dlaw. That’s a guy who fits Zimmer to a T. Not a lot else. Ryan converts this to 3-4, begs Jerry for a 350 lb anchor, Dlaw flourishes as a 5-tech, Mazi moves to 5 tech, you destroy the run and Micah is unleashed at his true position a la Terrell Suggs

Last edited:

Majic

Reaction score
This was something I was saying all offseason. You have the personnel for Quinn’s high risk, high reward defense. Gambling corners, best player is a 3-4 pure pass rushing LB, no dominant DTs, no big violent DBs… This is the opposite of the players Zimmer needs.

Dlaw. That’s a guy who fits Zimmer to a T. Not a lot else. Ryan converts this to 3-4, begs Jerry for a 350 lb anchor, Dlaw flourishes as a 5-tech, Mazi moves to 5 tech, you destroy the run and Micah is unleashed at his true position a la Terrell Suggs
It's so obvious yet the front office can't see it

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Stephen is using the excuse that the defense is adjusting to Zimmer. They certainly didn’t need to adjust to Dan Quinn when he first arrived. The defense instantly got better. He might as well accept the fact they don’t have the personnel. He and Jerry keep spinning the players will get better. I don’t see them getting good enough.

lkelly

Reaction score
He wasn't hired because the bright sun shining through AT&T Stadium windows would have reflected off his insanely white teeth and caused blindness in 30% of the fans. The ensuing litigation would have cost Jerry his yacht.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
One, Ryan would have been entertaining if nothing else. He and McCarthy's fist fight around Week 9 would have been epic.

Two, I don't think Ryan would be much different than Zimmer. Both have seen better days as a DC (Zimmer was last a DC in 2013, Ryan in 2008).

Three, how on brand is it that the Jones lowballed a potential coach? These yahoos brag about having the most valuable franchise in all of sports all the time, yet Stephen would pinch Lincoln's face off the penny if he could.

penny-pinching-5474063.jpg