Rex Ryan said he could have fixed the Cowboys defense this season. had they offered him more money

Shane612

Reaction score
sure no one is calling never said they were, but if you look at how many times he played Brady he gave him the most fits of any coach..Brady has said as much
Not trying to be a smart-a*s*s...
...have other QBs expressed the same sentiment?
Just curious....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Sexy Rexy aint exactly got teams banging his door down to vie for his services. I like his edge and attitude, but when you lack the players, NO SCHEME, NO coach, can help that. We have too many guys that love what the game does for them off the field. Then, they just aren't tough enough and good enough.
We say this but every year players come up from no where..look at Turpin, but we will be right back to CD until it hurts Thursday..maybe try Turpin on the field with CD and see if he can shake CD loose by keeping the coverage running...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not trying to be a smart-a*s*s...
...have other QBs expressed the same sentiment?
Just curious....
I figured TB12 saying it would be the best....but if you know the name of the Dolphins QB's over his years ill try and find something...Tryod Taylor probably didnt love the Jets defense either but thats hardly a huge story to me...

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Ryan is full of it that he wasn’t our coordinator because of money- it was always going to be zimmer. Ryan is being is own hype man. It wasn’t about money, he was never offered the job

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Ryan would have the same results if not worse. Schematically Zim is calling a good game. Guys missing tackles, jumping into wrong gaps and playing hero ball is on the players.

I know Zim would love to unless some pressures but can’t because they can’t stop the run and QBs are only throwing 15-20 times and half that is play action.

Things we seen on Sunday is what we seen the last few years. Rex Ryan is an aggressive blitz happy DC and while their might be a few 3-4 yd losses, their would also be 60 yard TDs due to rushing 7 guys and half of them being in the same gap.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ryan would have the same results if not worse. Schematically Zim is calling a good game. Guys missing tackles, jumping into wrong gaps and playing hero ball is on the players.

I know Zim would love to unless some pressures but can’t because they can’t stop the run and QBs are only throwing 15-20 times and half that is play action.

Things we seen on Sunday is what we seen the last few years. Rex Ryan is an aggressive blitz happy DC and while their might be a few 3-4 yd losses, their would also be 60 yard TDs due to rushing 7 guys and half of them being in the same gap.
this is not 100% true he has the knowledge and his guys know where to go..he doesnt have the players to run his defense.....overshown and Kendricks are going to have to change who they are to do what he is asking...Micah too, its not a fluke Micah is getting eaten up now..the safties are not cover safties they are run support from DQ...your CB's are not used to reacting they a man with pressure CB's not read and react....your problem is and has always been the GM knows nothing about X'and O's and is drivn by other motives..hence you get Zim running a defense that has no players he needs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Rex made a good point, something that BB would always do, and that is take something/someone away from the offense.
Ravens took away lamb, by high and low coverage, but Zim took nothing away from ravens.
You should always try to take away a strength.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Rex made a good point, something that BB would always do, and that is take something/someone away from the offense.
Ravens took away lamb, by high and low coverage, but Zim took nothing away from ravens.
You should always try to take away a strength.
Zimm doesnt have the players to run his D he has big LB's with 4 DL's that can get up field and DB's who cover side to side and safties who can cover...we have like 40% of that

rags747

Reaction score
He can say all he wants, but I doubt he wants to leave ESPN, unless he knew he was going to get canned.

Make hot takes, work for a few hours a day vs a 8-9 month grind of waking up early/staying up late working for a lame duck coach
His life is Football! He had a sitdown with Jerry. Obviously Jerry offered a bag of popcorn and maybe some beef Jerky. Ryan would have been 100% better.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Numbers
  • Last 3 Cowboys Home Games - 40 PPG, 607 Rush Yards, 6.7 yards per play
  • Allowed 295 yards BEFORE contact last 2 games rushing, 464 yards rushing (most in NFL)
  • 8 rush TDs allowed this season, most in franchise history over 3 games
  • 3rd most Rush yards allowed over 2-game span since Jerry bought the team in 1989
Teddy Bruschi
  • I heard Brady on TV talking about the mentality of coming back in a game like this. One score at a time. Belichick would simplify and break it down like that too and I heard Belichick talking through Tom. But I look at their sidelines and players like CeeDee Lamb and Micah Parsons and don’t see that understanding, just defeat. Next play is all you have to get, even if Derek Henry just ran you over. They are trying to win the Super Bowl on every single play and that’s not what makes a championship team.
  • I watch the LBs and I feel bad for them as a fellow defender. No one is getting off blocks, scheme and technique isn’t working, and they’re tougher than you.
Rex Ryan
  • What the hell did you do all week? I get it, bad games happen but two whippings in a row in your home stadium?
  • I would rather give up 500 yards passing than 200 yards rushing. It’s okay to put in run blitzes. Put the bullseye on them, not yourself.
  • Classic front runner team. Those are the facts. This team is talented enough to dominate you but they must come out fast or they lose it. They don’t like the fight.
Damien Woody
  • There is nothing that feels better than taking another man’s Will like that. Go into Jerry World and run like that?! Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face. They’re already done. Every team will go into Dallas ready to do this.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I noticed Rex has been sitting on his bravado for quite some time now with no one luring him back to sideline.
I've heard it's because one of Rex's demands is an unlimited subscription to a website showing women mashing their feet in various types of food, and teams didn't want to include that in their contract terms

Creeper

Reaction score
They are not wrong about the Cowboys being front runners. And they are not wrong about them being built to play with a lead - all though I don't think they were built like that, I think it is the mentality of players that makes them play like that.

Take a guy like Diggs. His mentality is to take chances, to bait the QB into throwing an INT so he can jump a route and pick off the pass. But in a situation like a 3rd and 6 when the defense needed a stop, he needs to be on the receiver looking to stop the receiver from catching the ball. That's as good as an INT. But instead, Diggs let his guy get separation and he couldn't recover in time to defend the pass. It's the same mentality with DLaw and Parsons. They jump inside looking to make a great play only to see the offense run the ball right where they were supposed to be. They do it all the time because they don't know how to play any other way. Micah talking after the game about "we don't need no superman", was referring to this mentality - except he is as guilty as anyone.

Belichick used to say "do YOUR job", meaning each player handles his assignment and success will come. The Cowboys defense has never played that way.

XXLMike

Reaction score
I made a post about this two months ago and it was deleted by the oversensitive cowboy zone adult language brigade

Dopes

khiladi

Reaction score
All Quinn’s defense needed was an all-world LB to replace LVE. But nothing was keeping him here anyways, as he got the job as a HC and Jerry couldn’t stop him.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zimmer is an 80 year old joke and is only here to make Jerry feel better for being 100 years old. Having said that this is some of the worst click bait nonsense you will ever see.

In all honesty IMHO Quinn was working wonders with this defense and this cast of gutless worms. We were historically bad before he came and we are quickly going right back to where we were.