RG3 to Browns

robjay04

Reaction score
I think you guys will be shocked, as RG3 is going to do well, and I think we missed a glorious opportunity to get him. Good pick up for Cleveland they for sure improved.

Maybe but we didn't really "miss out". I don't think he would've signed here to be a backup. His best bet is signing a short term deal with a team where he can play right away...then in two years, he can get a huge contract. He wasn't going to sign with Dallas and hope Romo goes down so he can earn his big payday.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
A little perspective.
The average HOUSEHOLD income in the USA is $50k per year.
His signing bonus alone would take the average family 70 years to make....his 1st year salary would take the average family 150 years to make....holy crap...
Now that I just depressed myself....

super, don't worry about all those little facts. They are working on it. The people running for POTUS have been working on it for awhile now......so I expect it to change , any day now......................

csirl

Reaction score
Don't understand this. As raw as Wentz is, he will still give the Browns a better chance of winning from day 1 than RG3.

Also, RG3 can't pocket pass. You simply can't have the same offensive scheme for both.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Don't understand this. As raw as Wentz is, he will still give the Browns a better chance of winning from day 1 than RG3.

Also, RG3 can't pocket pass. You simply can't have the same offensive scheme for both.

I may be proven wrong but I don't think Wentz is any more raw than a normal rookie QB coming into the league.

People keep saying he is raw and he just keeps outperforming these seasoned D1 vets.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Pretty sure Philly is paying Daniel more than that to be their backup.

*correction* they are paying him $7M per year.

Maybe Philly plans on him competing for the starting job against Bradford.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Look for Cleveland to draft Zeke at #2, dang!!!!!!!

Ehhh I don't. I like Elliot but if i'm a team with a bunch of needs I wait and draft a running back in the 3rd or 4th round. There will be a STARTER there. They are in no position to draft Elliot with that pick. I'm not even sure if the Cowboys are at #4.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
very likely. people skipped over this post

Why would they do it though? Why would they draft a running back with the 2nd pick in the draft when they can find one later in the draft? They have a chance to draft 3 starters in the first 3 rounds of this draft. You eliminate that going running back with your 1s round pick.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Why would they do it though? Why would they draft a running back with the 2nd pick in the draft when they can find one later in the draft? They have a chance to draft 3 starters in the first 3 rounds of this draft. You eliminate that going running back with your 1s round pick.

zeke played in ohio. they need skill positions bad. bobs best friend would be a running game........... makes too much sense to me.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Next step = out of football. Cleveland is not the place for him. That's where you go for one last paycheck before becoming an ex-NFL player.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Supposedly all the guarantees are in year one. They will draft QB and sit for first year - as they should. RBIII is the bridge to Wentz I'm afraid. THey just better hope he lasts a year and they don't have to throw Wentz out there early ... Don't want to ruin their shinny new toy once they draft him. If they play this right,
Cleveland might finally have them selves a solid QB (Wentz - not RGIII) ....Man this is going to be a real fascinating draft !!!

DenCWBY

Reaction score
RG3's signing does nothing to keep them from drafting a QB at 2. I think it's a stronger indicator they will take Wentz there.

I agree but could justify them giving up the pick for another interested team who wants a QB besides us.