Twitter: RGIII: The Dallas Cowboys are having the worst offseason in the NFL

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think that's a good point. Holding out on Dak has been the best part of this offseason.
I could see it either way. He's got a hole in his game, but he keep son improving. Maybe he makes it over the hump. Maybe not.

But *given* the choices made by Dak and Management this season, I don't think it makes sense for eithe side to go forward together this season. It's a win win for them to move on from each other.

_sturt_

Reaction score
And yet....here you are...dping the same thing.
Um. What? I'm here "doing the same thing"...? What "same thing" would that be, my friend? Educate me, I'm genuinely ignorant of what the hell you're saying. Because, no, I'm here pointing out that there are people with generally wide regard in the media who get attention because they had a career as GMs or scouts, or at least coaches... ie, in the talent evaluation business, and at least partially if not wholly given employment on the basis of insight that someone else was willing to pay for.

RGIII? Really???

Measured against the average CZ poster, okay, maybe he's more deserving of regard. He played the game. That counts for something, I suppose.

But indeed, there are a handful of CZ posters whose insight over the years here have quite honestly earned at least as much regard, at least to me.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Um. What? I'm here "doing the same thing"...? What "same thing" would that be, my friend? Educate me, I'm genuinely ignorant of what the hell you're saying. Because, no, I'm here pointing out that there are people with generally wide regard in the media who get attention because they had a career as GMs or scouts, or at least coaches... ie, in the talent evaluation business, and at least partially if not wholly given employment on the basis of insight that someone else was willing to pay for.

RGIII? Really???

Measured against the average CZ poster, okay, maybe he's more deserving of regard. He played the game. That counts for something, I suppose.

But indeed, there are a handful of CZ posters whose insight over the years here have quite honestly earned at least as much regard, at least to me.
I am saying you expect us to take your "expert"? advice / assessment on the matter. Are you sure you are qualified?

Might be a little subtle for you...but well..it is what it is.

Also slightly ribbing ya mate!

fivetwos

Reaction score
I mean is this really that controversial a statement?

They signed ONE player in FA, an older LB to try to fit into Zimmer's new scheme. They signed a few of their own JAGs.

That's it. That's all they did. To date, they have had the worst offseason of any team in the NFL.
Yes, but according to Stephen Jones, as well as a handful of CZ posters, other teams routinely begin to cut Pro-Bowl caliber players around now….most of which are going to want to sign here for pennies on the dollar.

I can’t recall that ever coming close to happening, but I suppose it’s going to happen now.

:facepalm:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Zimmer is a major upgrade over Quinn. Plus you have to remember this is a lame duck sraff. They could never hire a young star DC with this set up.
Zimmer was out of football and got a one year deal. Quinn was a DC in the NFL and got a head coaching job. No one believes Zimmer “is a major upgrade over Quinn”. Cowboys fans wanting that to be true doesn’t make it true. Like the notion of trading Prescott “for a haul”, Zimmer being an upgrade is a wish, not a fact.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Zimmer was out of football and got a one year deal. Quinn was a DC in the NFL and got a head coaching job. No one believes Zimmer “is a major upgrade over Quinn”. Cowboys fans wanting that to be true doesn’t make it true. Like the notion of trading Prescott “for a haul”, Zimmer being an upgrade is a wish, not a fact.
You must have missed the GB game.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You must have missed the GB game.
How does the Packers beating the Cowboys make a coach out of football a good idea to hire as your Defensive Coordinator? The Cowboys probably negotiated the one year Zimmer deal at Disneyland. That’s where this kind of fantasy belongs.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
How does the Packers beating the Cowboys make a coach out of football a good idea to hire as your Defensive Coordinator? The Cowboys probably negotiated the one year Zimmer deal at Disneyland. That’s where this kind of fantasy belongs.
My understanding was that Zimmer took some time away. Did some consulting work for D Sanders. He wasn’t exiled from the league. He was been a solid DC for a long time and is a better option than Quinn.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
My understanding was that Zimmer took some time away. Did some consulting work for D Sanders. He wasn’t exiled from the league. He was been a solid DC for a long time and is a better option than Quinn.
Great. So the Cowboys defense will be demonstrably better in 2024 than 2023?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
All it means is Zimmer will be our next HC when McCarthy gets fired.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I just don't get this wishful thinking some here have about Zimmer. I mean, how can they delude themselves to the facts surrounding Zimmer?

1) Historically bad as DC here over 20 years ago during the 5-11 era.

2) Has never coached a champion as DC or HC at the NFL level.

3) Nobody wanted him besides the JonesBoys (the biggest red flag there is).

4) It's a return to the same old same old comfort hires of proven bads. This is no different than when Jerry brought back Campo for a few years after the 5-11 era. It was a big nothing burger as me, and people like me correctly called it back then, and we are correctly calling it now about Zimmer.

5) The GROZ movement was legit, and will be back in full swing before the season is even half over in 2024.

Oh, but hey! He was an assistant during the last SB run nearly 30 years ago! Well, so was Campo, and that was a disaster (as was Zimmer along with him on that same staff). Heck, I don't even want Jimmy back as coach because it was too damn long ago.

Sheesh, if there is any reason to oppose Zimmer it's that he's a dinosaur.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The facts say otherwise. Zimmer never accomplished anything as DC or HC at the NFL level. Show me the championships in his 3 decades as a DC or HC. Nobody wanted him besides our brain trust.

Come on, man.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The facts say otherwise. Zimmer never accomplished anything as DC or HC at the NFL level. Show me the championships in his 3 decades as a DC or HC. Nobody wanted him besides our brain trust.

Come on, man.
What are you babbling on about. Guy has been successful at every stop and is highly respected across the league. Those Minnesota rosters sucked and he had Cousins but still was respectable. That Bengals defense was straight up nasty and helped get that dormat going again. Killed it in his one year in ATL that’s why he got the Minny job. Parcells loved the guy in Dallas and he had a good run there. He also coach through significant personal tragedy. Players love the guy.

Brooksey

Reaction score
The Raiders charge outrageous prices for season tickets and the stadium is completely sold out every game. And the Raiders brand doesn’t need “a face”. Dak Prescott isn’t worth anymore to the Raiders than he is to the Cowboys. And news flash. Once Prescott is gone the Cowboys will be in desperate need of a quality quarterback.
I'm talking in comparison to the Dallas Cowboys who make almost 500 Million more per year than the Raiders... who have Jimmy G at QB this year.
Jerry is 81 and wants another SB, Dak lacks post-season success and wants 60M per year. Sell yourself whatever BS story you want.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm talking in comparison to the Dallas Cowboys who make almost 500 Million more per year than the Raiders... who have Jimmy G at QB this year.
Garoppolo was released by Las Vegas a month ago - March 13th.
He signed on with the Rams a week later- March 19th.
NFL placed him under suspension for violating the league's PED policy; Garoppolo will miss the first two games in the upcoming season.

Raiders are heading into 2024 with newly-signed Gardner Minshew competing against incumbent starter Aidan O'Connell for QB1...along with a rookie LV might draft two weeks from now.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
That's fine. You can build a good team that way. But if you have a really good season, 2016 for example, that's the offseason you break tradition and make moves to get over the top. Instead, they chose to do nothing.
Oh I don’t disagree and what they’ve done is crap. I absolutely hate it.

But to say the season is doomed is completely false

Carson

Reaction score
Free agency is an important tool at this point. In the age of 4 year contracts Stephen's approach simply isn't working. Hasn't worked yet. Not even close when the better teams in the NFC are light years better. That's not close either. Look at a team like the niners, very active while the Cowboys lag far behind. What's it 2 decades, can't stop the run. Yet they don't think twice about overpaying their own players. It's mind-boggling. You're not dumpster diving your way to a championship.
I agree with you

i dont agree with how this offseason has gone

but for them to doom the season predraft and precamp is silly

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Jerry is 81 and wants another SB, Dak lacks post-season success and wants 60M per year. Sell yourself whatever BS story you want.
I thought Garoppolo signed with the Rams. I must not be keeping up.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Zimmer is a major upgrade over Quinn. Plus you have to remember this is a lame duck sraff. They could never hire a young star DC with this set up.

No his not. What makes you say that? Frankly, an DC without talent can't do jack with what they have. So far Zimmer hasn't done a thing to make me believe he's better than Quinn.