Twitter: RGIII: The Dallas Cowboys are having the worst offseason in the NFL

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Pretty much couldn't be any worst at least the jones saved money right?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Tom Brady didn't do that...I really care what Dak can get as a FA, I hope he gets it some where else.
He's not worth it to Dallas IF they want SB's, he's not good under pressure.

Dak is a very good investment for a desperate team in need of a face and ticket revenue....and there are a few out there, like the LV Raiders, etc.
The Raiders charge outrageous prices for season tickets and the stadium is completely sold out every game. And the Raiders brand doesn’t need “a face”. Dak Prescott isn’t worth anymore to the Raiders than he is to the Cowboys. And news flash. Once Prescott is gone the Cowboys will be in desperate need of a quality quarterback.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It's just another wasted year out of many. Maybe Jerry doesn't care he's wasted all these years playing GM and getting old doing so but I care.

Havic

Reaction score
Breaking news, team with no cap space having bad offseason.

Jipper

Reaction score
The Raiders charge outrageous prices for season tickets and the stadium is completely sold out every game. And the Raiders brand doesn’t need “a face”. Dak Prescott isn’t worth anymore to the Raiders than he is to the Cowboys. And news flash. Once Prescott is gone the Cowboys will be in desperate need of a quality quarterback.
Newsflash- the cowboys are already in desperate need of a quality quarterback

Whyjerry

Reaction score
:facepalm:

That was one of the worst moves ever made by Jerry.
Zimmer is a major upgrade over Quinn. Plus you have to remember this is a lame duck sraff. They could never hire a young star DC with this set up.

Big_D

Reaction score
RGwho?

I don't get this implicit high regard for people who've never been tasked with player evaluation in their lives, and alternatively, who once were, but now, are several years removed from having such widespread respect that they'd be considered for any such position today.
You don’t need a degree to see the stupidity happening here.

kevm3

Reaction score
lol@ this notion that the Jones boys are some kind of mastermind to get rid of Dak and get some high pick in the draft. If they were really masterminds, they'd find a way to convince Dak to rescind that trade clause and MOVE HIM FOR SOMETHING. Didn't the Eagles get a 1st for Wentz?

Do you think Parsons and CeeDee Lamb want to stick around on a rebuild project of a team? So we're possibly in a situation where the 3 best players left on the team are also walking away for no compensation. What exactly is getting rebuilt here?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every team at one point or another is...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RGwho?

I don't get this implicit high regard for people who've never been tasked with player evaluation in their lives, and alternatively, who once were, but now, are several years removed from having such widespread respect that they'd be considered for any such position today.
And yet....here you are...dping the same thing.

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean is this really that controversial a statement?

They signed ONE player in FA, an older LB to try to fit into Zimmer's new scheme. They signed a few of their own JAGs.

That's it. That's all they did. To date, they have had the worst offseason of any team in the NFL.

Sydla

Reaction score
I honestly think this is a tank job.
If it is a tank job, it just further proves what a ******* idiot Jones is and his son isn't any brighter.

If you are going to tank, don't throw away a season on guys you know won't be around. That's dumb. If this is a tank season, then they should make Lance the QB and see if he has anything worth salvaging, for example. Dak absolutely could have and should have been traded a month ago then.

Only the Jones could mess up a rebuild if that is indeed what this is.

Big_D

Reaction score

They signed ONE player in FA, an older LB to try to fit into Zimmer's new scheme. They signed a few of their own JAGs.

That's it. That's all they did. To date, they have had the worst offseason of any team in the NFL.
Just seemed like they signed a few players to appease the fans. Calm the crowd a little. The LS on day 1 to prove they were hard at work. It’s laughable how bad this is and some think there’s a quality plan in place!

Big_D

Reaction score
If it is a tank job, it just further proves what a ******* idiot Jones is and his son isn't any brighter.

If you are going to tank, don't throw away a season on guys you know won't be around. That's dumb. If this is a tank season, then they should make Lance the QB and see if he has anything worth salvaging, for example. Dak absolutely could have and should have been traded a month ago then.

It’s pretty screwed up if it is a tank job. Just going to hang your whole team out to dry and then point the finger afterwards.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just seemed like they signed a few players to appease the fans. Calm the crowd a little. The LS on day 1 to prove they were hard at work. It’s laughable how bad this is and some think there’s a quality plan in place!
You know what else is bizarre to me but maybe I just don't remember previous slow offseasons, but neither the Jones seem to be flapping their gums much this offseason. It's like they have gone into hiding (at least hiding for them).

stinkface

Reaction score

Shamalama ding dong. Nailed it as it currently stands. We are counting on rookies to come in and replace a solid center and an all pro left tackle who will be in the ring of honor, as well as our starting running back that we franchise tagged last year. Based on historical Dallas Drafting that won't happen. Reality is well reality. Every team in the NFC East has already improved except for us. There is a Show on HBO called Curb your enthusiasm. Well, that's us this year no doubt.

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s pretty screwed up if it is a tank job. Just going to hang your whole team out to dry and then point the finger afterwards.
My gut is telling me Jerry is hedging here, which is ridiculously dumb. He's basically trying to keep the team together for one more year but not have to make any long term commitments here. If the season fizzles, he just lets Dak and McCarthy go. But he still holds onto some hope that they can catch fire for one season and make a run.

If that's his thinking, then the smart move was to swallow your pride and blow it up. But Jerry has never, ever, ever really been smart when it comes to football decisions.

Big_D

Reaction score
You know what else is bizarre to me but maybe I just don't remember previous slow offseasons, but neither the Jones seem to be flapping their gums much this offseason. It's like they have gone into hiding (at least hiding for them).
Definitely strange. No one has said a word since this debacle started. Something’s up when the toxic twins go 2 months without a mic in their face?!

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I wish I can have a job as a talking head.just bla bla whatever you want without accountability.

VACowboy

Reaction score

You aren't wrong, but it looks like the FO is setting Dak and McCarthy up to fail and that screams TANK to me. I'm an eternal optimist, not into making myself miserable. I go into every season hopeful and with a wait and see attitude. But considering the complete absence of an offseason, if the draft finishes and Dak Prescott is still a Cowboy, I'll have no choice but to believe Jerry and Stephen really are clueless when it comes to running a football team.