Twitter: RGIII: The Dallas Cowboys are having the worst offseason in the NFL

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are having THE WORST offseason in the NFL!

These people really need to come to terms with the Cowboys not making moves with the intent of this being Dak’s final season. If it is, there’s nothing wrong with how they’re going about their business, but talking heads for what ever reason insist on keeping one viewpoint.

Can someone attach the video of RGIII supposedly wanting to say bugaboo and it came out as something else. Proof he says plenty of dumb and/or insignificant things. Nice guy, but lucky to be employed.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Worst offseason is subjective at this point.

If they are bad, rid themselves of Daks contract and land a top 5 pick is it bad? No

If they play well and make the playoffs?

The worst thing to do is go 9-8 or 8-9 and miss the playoffs

But I hate that the barometer of success by the pundits is being active in free agency in march.

have a successful draft and fill the holes after and you can be successful
Whether it’s a good off season or a bad one RGIII wouldn’t know one way or the other. He has no expertise building an NFL roster. Too many of these faux pundits spout the words “Dallas Cowboys” as it’s the only way anyone might stop and listen to what they say. And, just my opinion, he is not a very good analyst, college or NFL.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This just might wind up being the worst off-season ever seen in the NFL. Some are speculating that Jerry is quietly breaking down and rebuilding, but I don't think so. I just don't think the JonesBoys really give a damn at this point. Who's gonna fire them?
Or the rest of the NFL see what kind of clown show this franchise has become....and want no part of hit. It's where players come to see their careers die.

JonesBoys

Reaction score

What are they talking about? Jerrah said they were "ALL IN". The Jones boys are on fire. They kept a lame duck coach because they were too cheap to pay another one at the same time. They are dragging their feet on Dak, either try to trade or get pieces around him, they do neither essentially wasting next year. They have lost a ton of starters and are relying solely on the draft to fill their many holes they have. The Jones boys got this.

Brooksey

Reaction score

I disagree. Micah or Cee Dee won't be signed until Dak is figured out and that won't happen until the draft at minimum.... probably not to training camp. He's not productive in the post season and he's asking 60M a year (It's a big problem people).
Dumb as a rock RG3, thinks the off-season is the opening wave of high priced free agency, like spending 10-15M a year for 30 year old RB's and LB's. Not with Dak Prescott in the house, he and his agent are looking to rape the franchise again, sorry folks!

I don't mind what were doing as long as we don't fold like a cheap lawn chair and sign Dak Prescott to a 60M a year contract.

We need to hit on the draft and figure out the QB position.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I disagree. Micah or Cee Dee won't be signed until Dak is figured out and that won't happen until the draft at minimum.... probably not to training camp. He's not productive in the post season and he's asking 60M a year (It's a big problem people).
Dumb as a rock RG3, thinks the off-season is the opening wave of high priced free agency, like spending 10-15M a year for 30 year old RB's and LB's. Not with Dak Prescott in the house, he and his agent are looking to rape the franchise again, sorry folks!

I don't mind what were doing as long as we don't fold like a cheap lawn chair and sign Dak Prescott to a 60M a year contract.

We need to hit on the draft and figure out the QB position.
“Rape the franchise”? As a free agent he can’t get more than the highest bid from the 32 teams. It can’t get more fair than that. Todd France is literally saying “who wants him the most”. And that’s what Dak gets. The team owners will decide how much he’ll be paid.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Best offseason in my book, as long as 4 is gone after this year.

Big_D

Reaction score
This just might wind up being the worst off-season ever seen in the NFL. Some are speculating that Jerry is quietly breaking down and rebuilding, but I don't think so. I just don't think the JonesBoys really give a damn at this point. Who's gonna fire them?
Agreed.. this is the most pathetic offseason ever. Just shows how clueless this FO is.

Flamma

Reaction score
No one is saying they have to pay high priced FAs every year. But sometimes you can find a good fit without breaking the bank. The Cowboys never do it.

The Cowboys never do anything where you can say, yeah, they are trying to get better results next season. They just manage what they have and draft rookies. That's hoping for better results.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Whether it’s a good off season or a bad one RGIII wouldn’t know one way or the other. He has no expertise building an NFL roster. Too many of these faux pundits spout the words “Dallas Cowboys” as it’s the only way anyone might stop and listen to what they say. And, just my opinion, he is not a very good analyst, college or NFL.
My cat knows it is a horrible off season at this point.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Only logical sense is we are in rebuilding mode. Just GM Jethro has to do everything backwards.

It would have been in our best interest to announce a fire sale at the begging of free agency. Instead of waiting until the draft.

Flamma

Reaction score
But I hate that the barometer of success by the pundits is being active in free agency in march.

That's fine. You can build a good team that way. But if you have a really good season, 2016 for example, that's the offseason you break tradition and make moves to get over the top. Instead, they chose to do nothing.

Big_D

Reaction score
Worst offseason is subjective at this point.

If they are bad, rid themselves of Daks contract and land a top 5 pick is it bad? No

If they play well and make the playoffs?

The worst thing to do is go 9-8 or 8-9 and miss the playoffs

Free agency is an important tool at this point. In the age of 4 year contracts Stephen's approach simply isn't working. Hasn't worked yet. Not even close when the better teams in the NFC are light years better. That's not close either. Look at a team like the niners, very active while the Cowboys lag far behind. What's it 2 decades, can't stop the run. Yet they don't think twice about overpaying their own players. It's mind-boggling. You're not dumpster diving your way to a championship.

Last edited:

Brooksey

Reaction score
“Rape the franchise”? As a free agent he can’t get more than the highest bid from the 32 teams. It can’t get more fair than that. Todd France is literally saying “who wants him the most”. And that’s what Dak gets. The team owners will decide how much he’ll be paid.
Tom Brady didn't do that...I really care what Dak can get as a FA, I hope he gets it some where else.
He's not worth it to Dallas IF they want SB's, he's not good under pressure.

Dak is a very good investment for a desperate team in need of a face and ticket revenue....and there are a few out there, like the LV Raiders, etc.

J817

Reaction score
I honestly think this is a tank job.
Only if they trade Dak during or before the draft. Going into the season with what they have now will be a piss poor attempt of a tank job. The makeup of this now (even after losing depth) is not a top 10 draft pick caliber team. Even if they go 8-9, 9-8, 10-7 etc…and miss the playoffs, it will still be a middle of the pack kind of pick.

Motorola

Reaction score
Tom Brady didn't do that...I really care what Dak can get as a FA, I hope he gets it some where else.
He's not worth it to Dallas IF they want SB's, he's not good under pressure.

Dak is a very good investment for a desperate team in need of a face and ticket revenue....and there are a few out there, like the LV Raiders, etc.
The new Raiders leadership - GM Tom Telesco and HC Antonio Pierce - are building their team devoid of acquiring a "splash" signing at QB for this upcoming season.
They aren't desperate to take on a high-market QB the likes of Prescott.

nobody

Reaction score
It hasn't been a great off-season so far, no. But who expected better from Jerry and Stephen? Be honest.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Honestly, the Cowboys missing the mark in free agency is just infuriating. It’s like we’re not even trying to keep up with the rest of the league. Watching top talent go elsewhere without even a fight is a slap in the face to us fans.

Our lack of action in free agency is a clear sign we’re setting ourselves up for failure. It’s not rocket science; if you don’t strengthen your team, you don’t win games. And yet, here we are, seemingly content with being also-rans.

Mark my words, when we’re sitting out the playoffs again, remember this inaction. It’s absolutely self-defeating and, frankly, unacceptable. We deserve a team that fights on all fronts, including free agency.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Honestly the offseason has gone much as expected . All of the FA leaving were not surprises. Most were welcomed Cap saving measures.

Sure, the fact we weren’t active in pursuing FA was disappointing I suppose but with Cap available who were we going to pursue.

I’m one of the biggest critics of Jethro & Son but this offseason has gone pretty much like I thought it would.