Rich Eisen, Give Dak fewer throws that he has to make and fewer moments where Dak has to be the guy

Mannix

Reaction score
Spoon feed a QB going into year 9....oh, and give him 55+ mil per year to fail.....pfffffttttt!!!

LysleE

Reaction score
I wonder if the bumbling Jones boys have second thoughts on the first two rounds of the 2023 draft: a DT who has underperformed and a TE that was drafted unnecessarily as the starting TE was already on my roster. Dallas could have drafted OL, LB or RB…real positions of need which really came back to hurt them.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
It's nauseating that we even have to have these "dumbing down" talks to make our mega-rich franchise QB more comfortable...so he doesn't have to be "the man" that he's paid to be. What an embarrassment this organization is. Paid like a HOF player, talked about like he's Chad Hutchinson.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones “All-In” Rich Eisen’s Advice for Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones.

Rich Eisen Talks Of Derrick Henry.. Give Dak fewer throws that he has to make and fewer moments where Dak has to be the guy..

Rich Is Spot On and Absolutely Makes Sense.. :thumbup:

Where have we heard this before?
So let me get this str8 give Dak 20% of our cap and gear the offense around the running game?
Ya sounds logical.............. :banghead:
Did you ever hear the one about the fat lady?
P.S. Amazing how sold out our media was and still is today!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
And he still has a better surrounding cast than what is here. I’m not the one making the Mahomes comparison in the first place but the insinuation in an earlier post is that he does exactly that. Carries the team and wins by himself.
Certainly he (PM) has better in the trenches on both sides of the ball & better coaching.

We agree he doesn't do it by himself. I stand by my comment though that his talents make him the exception to rules that apply to other QB's though.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am as disappointed as anyone with the way Dak played vs Greenbay but at the same time putting it all on him is silly.

The offense was one dimensional and that bit them at times this season. The running game was a total joke and Big Mike and company had no answers for it.

Dutton

Reaction score
We’ll I’ll say it again what a disgrace all those years and finally Jerry jones lets jimmy johnson into HOF

Redline360

Reaction score
Coaching matters... As to the chiefs/ ravens game.

AR realizes you need to run the ball regardless. Pacheco was only averaging 3ypc most of the game and he still got 20+ carries in. Have to keep the defense honest.

Then you had Baltimore who had 8 designed run plays outside of Lamar.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Very odd that people think the QB should be enough based on salary while other areas just aren't very good. No doubt Prescott has to be better but so does everything else including the run game which really has been terrible. You want to win playoff games, the rushing attack is equally important.
Then said QB should not be asking for $60 million a year if he needs help.

Now if Dak needs help, how about taking $50 million instead of $60 million?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Jones “All-In” Rich Eisen’s Advice for Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones.

Rich Eisen Talks Of Derrick Henry.. Give Dak fewer throws that he has to make and fewer moments where Dak has to be the guy..

Rich Is Spot On and Absolutely Makes Sense.. :thumbup:

Ravens are going to sign Henry. They were 1 RB from a Super Bowl like the 49ers were 2 years ago. It worked for the 49ers to invest in a franchise RB. It will not work for the Jonesboys.

Arlington Jonesboys have to many needs like DT, MLB, OLB, RB, OT, C, WR, FS, GM, Director of Player Personnel, and HC.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go pick up Henry for Trey Lance...............Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's not the exception at all. He has a much better surrounding cast. Better rushing offense, better D, HOF TE putting up top WR numbers. KCs D completely stifled the Ravens Sunday. He's dam good, but he certainly isn't doing it all himself.
That team wins 4 or 5 games with Dak.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Real question. Would Mahomes have beaten Green Bay if he was our quarterback during the wildcard game and not Dak? If yes, explain why….. :huh:
Yes. He doesn't go into panic mode the second things look like they might get tough. He wouldn't have opened the game with punt, pick, Punt, pick 6 because he's not a glitched out choker.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fwiw, acquiring a running game is not "dumbing down" an offense. It's a way to control clock, take some pressure off the QB so we're not 1 dimensional (which means he's more likely to face a pass blitz and get sacked), and, with a solid back, you can get about 3-4 yards at a time. Guess what happens if you get 4-5 yards a carry two or three times? You get a first down. Also, it opens up PA play possibilities, which is important in a WCO. Rodgers, who complimented Dak's play, was a master at PA in this system.