Rich Eisen, Give Dak fewer throws that he has to make and fewer moments where Dak has to be the guy

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What, QBs throw 60 times a game all the time.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao, so pay him like he's elite but drop him down to just handing the ball off. That's my dak. I think I said the same thing years ago.

I bet he would win the MVP for hand offs, I don't think he could choke on that.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Why would you extend and pay a qb 55 million plus when he’s limited?????
because. There are the excuses:

who would we get?
who could we get?
I blame Jerry.

He's just that good, but we need to drop his throws down and make him handoff the ball more.
Rush can't hand the ball off like dak, but can read defense better.

JERRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
lmao, so pay him like he's elite but drop him down to just handing the ball off. That's my dak. I think I said the same thing years ago.

I bet he would win the MVP for hand offs, I don't think he could choke on that.
Pay him like he is elite, dumb down the offense so he can bus drive safely.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Pay him like he is elite, dumb down the offense so he can bus drive safely.
yep, this makes sense. He chokes very badly in highly stressful games. So just run the ball and pay him elite to drive the bus. Don't worry about the lesser players we have to select to fill holes. It's just a game, it doesn't matter as long as he gets his big chunk of the pie.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dang, isn't that what Moore tried and it makes him the scapegoat? short curl routes and running worn-out Zeke to carry him and the team?

Didn't Mike try to dumb down the offense because of the same issues?

The Natural

Reaction score
In essence we have to try to build the perfect roster and hope everyone stays healthy long enough to get through the season because the guy at the most important position can't be trusted to show up in the big games.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Agree, but of course he wants to be paid as if he doesn’t.
People make a big deal about the pay but that is what the going rate is for thr NFL right now. He's a veteran who had a very near mvp season plus all-pro. Can you limit the years? Sure with conditions like performance which I am fine with but the pay is expected as he ain't a rookie.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Dallas tried this before with Romo.

That's why they drafted Zeke instead of Jalen Ramsey.

They wanted Romo to do less.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is oversimplified, poppycock.

The Cowboys problem has been the same for years. They lack attention to the little details that can make a difference. It permeates the team from player selection and personnel decisions, to play selection on offense and defense, to clock management, to penalties. Dak is a product of a sloppy team that is shocked when other teams take advantage of their sloppiness.

I think the offense with Dak can be good enough. The OL has to get better or they need to adjust to help the OL protect Dak. Watch Green Bay keep 1 or two guys in to help block up the pass rush. They gave up 4 pressures all day. Love had no problem finding open receivers. When Dak has clean pockets, like Love had, he is as good as anyone. Most QB will flourish with no pressure.

The run blocking has to get better. When Dak fakes a handoff for play action, there is audible laughter from the defense. Get a defense on their heels, any defense, and the offense will have great success. The Cowboys become one dimensional and it doesn't matter who the QB is, especially when the defense knows the routes receivers will run before the play starts.

I like Mike McCarthy. He seems like a good guy. But keeping him as the HC was a big mistake. Jerry needs to find a HC whose teams are do the smart things while the opponents are fooled instead of Dallas every week.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
“Rich is spot on”

It’s clear he doesn’t watch the games. Our lack of playoff success doesn’t come down to missing throws it comes down to not living up to the moment. Dak makes tough throws all season long

jgboys1

Reaction score
Jones “All-In” Rich Eisen’s Advice for Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones.

Rich Eisen Talks Of Derrick Henry.. Give Dak fewer throws that he has to make and fewer moments where Dak has to be the guy..

Rich Is Spot On and Absolutely Makes Sense.. :thumbup:

I agree but not when a guy is taking a good chunk of your salary cap. He should be able to bail the team out once in awhile, not poop the bed when things get tough or playing against a better than average team.

Aven8

Reaction score
That was a good watch. And I agree with him. Go for it now! We’re tire of waiting

Big_D

Reaction score
People make a big deal about the pay but that is what the going rate is for thr NFL right now. He's a veteran who had a very near mvp season plus all-pro. Can you limit the years? Sure with conditions like performance which I am fine with but the pay is expected as he ain't a rookie.

A lot of QBs are making top dollar, that's the way it is in the NFL. People love to cry here. Jerry kind of screwed things by waiting, but Dak is making market value at his level of experience. I think these contracts are a little out of control and definitely skewed... but can't blame Dak when that's the NFL system. Maybe they can draft a guy every 3 years and avoid these contracts... that's your other option. That should go well with Jerry running the show, or his kid. Doesn't really matter.. they're one in the same.`

Big_D

Reaction score
Less Responsibility, More Pay...

Sounds about right.

It's not less responsibility. A quality run game helps manage football games. This is the case at every level. Aikman had that. Staubach had it. Plus they both had defenses. They didn't just carry those teams. Seems to be a pretty big misconception around here.