Twitter: Rick Gosselin tweet on lack of penalties

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
You know its gotten to be a problem when Goose and Charene Williams are making comments about the officiating.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Lol dismissed yours as soon as you showed yourself as a conspiracy theorist.

We agree, both should've been catches if not for a dumb rule. Agree to disagree which was closer. Either way, both, according to the rule, weren't catches. When I say the CJ one I was shocked. When I saw the Dez one, I told the guy sitting beside me that I don't think that was a catch . Once I saw the replay, I called a no catch and I had multiple cowboy fans at Hooters call me crazy. Everything in the rule to say it wasnt a catch happened on that play . To me it was a pretty easy call.

So is it the refs conspiring against us or the league? Maybe both?

Perhaps you should ask another Zoner who isn't a conspiracy theorist.

Evidence suggests league-wide standard procedures, penalty applications, suspensions, and in-game officiating equality are all shown the door if the Dallas Cowboys are involved.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No holds on a pass play since week 1 first quarter. Not as bad still pretty bad. Unless you compare it to the other streak of zero holds for 10 games.

What’s your opinion about the cowboys having a total of 1/6 of the zero penalty games for opponents since 2000?

"On a pass play" is not what's being tossed around - including a thread title - on this site, but I'll take your word for it.

As for the 1/6 thing, let's put it in perspective:

In 18 seasons there are 4,608 regular season games played in the NFL. In 99.35% of them (30), a team goes penalty free. In 99.9% of those games, the Cowboys do NOT face a penalty free opponent (5/4608 = 0.1%). If you just look at Cowboys games we're talking 5 times in 288 games (1.7%).

If those statistics are evidence of some anti-Cowboys conspiracy it's not a very good conspiracy.

Zordon

Reaction score
Any chance anybody in the star is aware of this or cares?

Creeper

Reaction score
The Eagles were not penalty free. I saw them commit quite a few penalties. They just weren't called for anyone of them. The TV crew actually highlighted two pretty blatant calls that were missed. One was a holding, the other was a man downfield. But I saw several hands to the face, facemask and holding penalties that were not called.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Billionaires don't become billionaires by not making as much money they can because they don't like somebody. As you said and I did too, cowboys will draw ratings and cash for the NFL no matter what their record is. But can you imagine the ratings and money of they would win a super bowl? 3 of 4 like they did in the 90s? So again, the conspiracy crowd who think they are in our side has a better and more logical argument than we do. With that said, it's dumb as **** too but still not as dumb as ours.

As far as the Dez catch no catch, that was a issue before that game. It was just more noticeable because it was us and it was in the playoffs. The Megatron no catch that started it was closer to a catch than the Dez no catch.

I'll ask, is the refs that are doing it or the league? Are most of the refs anti cowboy where we have the biggest fan base, have the most NFL players who grew up cowboy fans? Stylistically speaking, most refs or at least half are cowboy fans. Is the league telling the refs to make calls against us or don't call penalties against the other team? If so, do you really think this would go on for 40+ years and no one would spill the beans?

Like I said, go to any team forum, especially after a loss and you'll see the fans saying the same things cowboy fans do.

Btw, there are 23 teams more penalized than us. Watch the game or any game with the same critical eye you do with the cowboys and you'll see missed and bad calls on every team.

It is not a conspiracy in regard to the league office, but I do think they go overboard in their attempts to appear impartial. The Zeke investigation was a joke on every level and a good example of Goodell working against the best interests of the league.

Now the HOF voters is an entirely different story, and now we have stats that pretty much prove an officiating bias.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
"On a pass play" is not what's being tossed around - including a thread title - on this site, but I'll take your word for it.

As for the 1/6 thing, let's put it in perspective:

In 18 seasons there are 4,608 regular season games played in the NFL. In 99.35% of them (30), a team goes penalty free. In 99.9% of those games, the Cowboys do NOT face a penalty free opponent (5/4608 = 0.1%). If you just look at Cowboys games we're talking 5 times in 288 games (1.7%).

If those statistics are evidence of some anti-Cowboys conspiracy it's not a very good conspiracy.
I don’t allege a conspiracy. As I’ve said over and over many like to use that word because of the bad connotation that goes along. It’s an attempt to discredit and end any discussion because they are sensitive about questioning refs. I don’t believe conspiracy is the right word regardless. I do, however, believe it’s possible there is a bias that comes from being called America’s team among other things.

The 10 games with no holds was odd. The illegal substitution on Butler was nearly unheard of as was the illegal procedure on LP. These are unique penalties that have only happened to our team. (I think the sub penalty happened one other time since 1983)

The stat was misunderstood about the holds. @AdamJT13 posted the correct stat on Twitter originally and it was misinterpreted here. No holds on passing plays since quarter one game one.

@Manwiththeplan posted this:
“Statistically speaking there is a 1 in 2184 chance of your opponent getting called for zero penalties and it has happened 5 times to us”

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
You guys realize how much of a statistical anomaly this is right?

Absolutely.

There are 32 teams and have been since 2000. The average is each team would've had 1 game against an opponent with zero called penalties. The Cowboys are 400% above that average! Looking at it another way, there are 4 other teams with 1 more additional opponent with called penalties above the league average. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but something this out of line with the average certainly raises an eyebrow. Refs aren't robots, they're human and, as such, are affected by unconscious biases.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Can name a couple of Eagles drives and plays that should have been called back because of the penalties they committed. Not one to believe in the Refs trying to rig games. Yet, obviously the Refs had something against the Cowboys and just wanted to keep Philly in the game. More of a impressive win in the factor of beating the Refs trying to cost the Cowboys a game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That was some straight up BullChit last night...………….poor DLaw was being ganged raped literally every down and no flags, not one.

He would be DPOY if he didnt have a star on his helmet...……..feel bad for the dude

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You guys realize how much of a statistical anomaly this is right?
Yes..

It is suspicious.

But what you are implying is the NFL is somehow colluding with the refs to legislate against us in a passive aggressive way that affects your ability to make a living by over-penalizing your team needlessly and falsely.

Hmmm...

I guess Jerrah will not touch this with a 10' pole after coughing up $2 mil on Zeke's lawsuit.