Twitter: Rico gathers Arrested Friday

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The stupidity of some of these guys still amazes me. And if your argument is that it was only pot, that's a stupid argument. It's still illegal in Texas, and it's a banned substance in the NFL. So if you get caught you can lose your job on top of getting arrested, and you decide to smoke in public?? Alcohol is legal, and I drink it, but I don't drink it while I'm in a car or anyplace where I can be charged with having an open container. Such an idiot.

Agreed!

You are telling me he doesn't have a friend that could get him a blunt to smoke at his house or somewhere private?

Reactions: CWR

Beaker42

Reaction score
I can’t help but laugh. All this bickering among fans and the headaches with the team over who to keep, and Rico sabotaged himself.

Doubt it. Remember a guy named Josh Brent? Killed his fellow Illini then Cowboys teammate Jerry Brown while driving drunk. This ain’t **** compared to that.

starfan1

Reaction score
Omg the seasons a loss. I guess that makes the decision pretty clear.

My guess is it was clear to the FO already this just allows the fans to let it go.

Didn’t understand the marijuana playbook either I guess. Good luck Rico

ESisback

Reaction score
He’s gone! Now watch (when the dust dies down), an NFCE rival, or the Steelers, the Packers or the Patriots will pick him up for nothing. Then they’ll develop him into a weapon, and the pundits will fawn over their brilliance.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, it is against the rules in his profession only until he's tested for the year. After he passes his first yearly test in April, he's free to use as much as he wants without worrying about another test until the following league year.

That's how much the NFL cares about it.

It’s actually always against the rules in his profession. The rule isn’t only in effect when they test, they just probably won’t catch the violation except when they test.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can’t help but laugh. All this bickering among fans and the headaches with the team over who to keep, and Rico sabotaged himself.

Thing is, the arrest is exactly part of what had been standing in the way of Rico’s success the whole time. Nobody ever doubted the immense physical ability.

It’s been the focus and the decision making and the willingness to let himself get distracted that’s kept him from making the team and maybe becoming a star in the league. This stuff all goes directly to him not knowing his responsibilities on the field.

Reactions: CWR

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It is prohibited in their contract. It isn't a situation where it is legal after getting tested. If you get caught in another fashion, such as being arrested for it....you face punishment. Semantics or not, it isn't legal.

The league cares so much, that most guys are tested once a year. They can freely use after passing that test.

Many players work in states where you can walk into a store and buy it without limits.

Texas is about the dumbest state in the union for continuing to make these arrests. Oooh, we smelled weed. That's the equivalent of waiting outside a bar and arresting anyone who gets in their car to drive off.

Let's spend some time chasing real crime there coppers.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doubt it. Remember a guy named Josh Brent? Killed his fellow Illini then Cowboys teammate Jerry Brown while driving drunk. This ain’t **** compared to that.

No, it’s not, but Brent was already an established vet, and he was out of football for a full year afterward. Rico is a project who has not established himself, and therefore has less margin for error. In addition, today’s NFL is less forging and under more scrutiny and more prone to act.

waldoputty

Reaction score
The league cares so much, that most guys are tested once a year. They can freely use after passing that test.

Many players work in states where you can walk into a store and buy it without limits.

Texas is about the dumbest state in the union for continuing to make these arrests. Oooh, we smelled weed. That's the equivalent of waiting outside a bar and arresting anyone who gets in their car to drive off.

Let's spend some time chasing real crime there coppers.

the crimes that i would consider disqualifies a player to be a cowboys would be murder, rape and child molestation as well as being a ****.
otherwise talent > anything else
though this was insanely stupid

CWR

Reaction score
Unless he's smoking in public, police should not even bother. No Rico fan, but weed arrests are pretty useless and biased

I agree its ridiculous to arrest someone over a possession of marijuana charge but damn the guy is getting stoned in a parked car, in public. No bias there, just extremely poor decision making.

amame25

Reaction score

And this moron was getting high in a car so I'm personally glad that he got busted for no other reason than before he could pull a Josh Brent.