Right now we have the 6th pick, so...

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Detroit just won. The Skins are abut to go to OT vs Jax. A win by the Skins would really help our position with Detroit also winning...

JBS

Reaction score
Skins WIN!!!!!!!! where do we stand now?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3763379 said:

Still 7th and has been 7th not 6th as this thread suggested.

I actually got kind of bored of trying to explain it all night last night and today but once again, the chances were VERY slim even with a loss last night that we could improve our draft position this week.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Bills can beat an unmotivated Jets next week and we leap them

And Ill hold out hope the Broncos and Bengals pull of an upset today and then beat unmotivated teams next week as well.

JBS

Reaction score
SDogo;3763390 said:
Still 7th and has been 7th not 6th as this thread suggested.

I actually got kind of bored of trying to explain it all night last night and today but once again, the chances were VERY slim even with a loss last night that we could improve our draft position this week.

what do we need to happen to move up?

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3763379 said:

Okay, as nearly as I can figure we are 7th after the early games. Washington drops out of the top 11 for now and Detroit drops down to 9th. The current order is:
  1. Carolina
  2. Denver
  3. Cinci
  4. Buffalo
  5. Arizona
  6. SF
  7. Dallas
  8. Cleveland
  9. Detroit
  10. Minnesota
If we lose next week to Philadelphia I think we will pick at least 6th due to strength of schedule and the fact that Arizona and SF face off in the final week so we'd leapfrog one of them. In fact, 6th would be a good place to pencil us in with a loss to Philadelphia. Cinci and Denver aren't likely to win out, Buffalo would probably lose at the Jets and somebody's going to lose in that Arizona-SF matchup. Having said that, SF's strength of schedule as of this morning was .505 and ours was .507 so an SF loss and we could jump another spot. It'll be interesting to check the SoS data later tonight.

ON EDIT: Just checked the current SoS data. Washington and SF are both .507 and Dallas is .512 so we moved a little farther away from SF, which is bad news. Also, Cleveland's SoS is now stronger than Houston's and Buffalo darn sure better not win next week because they've got the highest SoS of the bottom 12. A win next week could drop them more than 5 slots in in the order.

SDogo

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3763397 said:
what do we need to happen to move up?

We cant this week. 7th will be it.

In reality if anything we still stand a chance of dropping to 8th if the Texans lose and some other games go their way.

dstew60105

Reaction score
We can get to 6th next week as SF and Arizona play next Sunday, bringing one teams total to 6 wins.

SDogo

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;3763398 said:
Okay, as nearly as I can figure we are 7th after the early games. Washington drops out of the top 11 for now and Detroit drops down to 9th. The current order is:
  1. Carolina
  2. Denver
  3. Cinci
  4. Buffalo
  5. Arizona
  6. SF
  7. Dallas
  8. Cleveland
  9. Detroit
  10. Minnesota
If we lose next week to Philadelphia I think we will pick at least 6th due to strength of schedule and the fact that Arizona and SF face off in the final week so we'd leapfrog one of them. In fact, 6th would be a good place to pencil us in with a loss to Philadelphia. Cinci and Denver aren't likely to win out, Buffalo would probably lose at the Jets and somebody's going to lose in that Arizona-SF matchup. Having said that, SF's strength of schedule as of this morning was .505 and ours was .507 so an SF loss and we could jump another spot. It'll be interesting to check the SoS data later tonight.

ON EDIT: Just checked the current SoS data. Washington and SF are both .507 and Dallas is .512 so we moved a little farther away from SF, which is bad news. Also, Cleveland's SoS is now stronger than Houston's and Buffalo darn sure better not win next week because they've got the highest SoS of the bottom 12. A win next week could drop them more than 5 slots in in the order.

Good breakdown, still working on it and not going to put more time into it until the 4pm games are over but it looks like the percentages are starting to heavily favor us landing in the 6th spot.

The butt whooping GB is putting on the Giants is going to do nothing but help as well.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3763396 said:
Bills can beat an unmotivated Jets next week and we leap them

And Ill hold out hope the Broncos and Bengals pull of an upset today and then beat unmotivated teams next week as well.

We could finish 4th w/o the help of the Broncos or Bengals -- Bills win, SF loses to Arizona and our strength of schedule drops below SF's. I'm not certain that could happen but we are quite close -- .507 to .512.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
SDogo;3763413 said:
Good breakdown, still working on it and not going to put more time into it until the 4pm games are over but it looks like the percentages are starting to heavily favor us landing in the 6th spot.

The butt whooping GB is putting on the Giants is going to do nothing but help as well.

Thanks FFV and Sdogo both of you must moonlight as CPAs or actuaries or something, ;)

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The Jets are locked in, the Bills beat them next week. The Bengals are beating the Chargers. They can beat an also locked in Ravens next week. So I think we can jump 2 teams next week. Im leaving alone the Ari/SF game b/c theres so many permutations w/ the SOS.

But the important thing is we already jumped Detroit, who should have been all over Peterson. And the team ahead of us should be thinking Luck/Newton and hopefully Bowers

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;3763417 said:
We could finish 4th w/o the help of the Broncos or Bengals -- Bills win, SF loses to Arizona and our strength of schedule drops below SF's. I'm not certain that could happen but we are quite close -- .507 to .512.

We played the Colts

Niners played the Raiders

Go Raiders

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Mallett will go high also. If three QB's go in the Top 5 that would be huge for us.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Mallett will be top 15, don't think he'll stretch to five. Locker is going to go lower than Tebow IMO.

Really wish this was a better OT draft, but going defense and snagging a shutdown corner or d-line is passable. We really need to sign Mankins.

dfense

Reaction score
RamziD;3762686 said:
I agree that we need a pass rusher. A DB that is only going to patch up one of 2 big holes in the secondary is not going to make us a significantly better team next year. Like the old saying goes, Super Bowls are won in the trenches... I would like to see us focus on DL and OL this upcoming draft.
If they manage to land Peterson, they can draft 5 straight dlineman for all I care.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Realistically we'll have the 6th pick. ARZ or SF will win next week. Jets should beat the Bills, The Ravens will beat the Bengals and the Chargers should beat the Broncos.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3763705 said:
Realistically we'll have the 6th pick. ARZ or SF will win next week. Jets should beat the Bills, The Ravens will beat the Bengals and the Chargers should beat the Broncos.

Yes, but what are the odds of all of those things happening (because that is what you're predicting)? If we lose to Philly, it's likely that at least one of those events will occur (plus, SF could lose and we could overtake them in strength of schedule).

I think if we lose to Philly, it's more likely that we'll pick better than 6th.