RIP Kobe Bryant ** respectful posts only! **

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Oh my gosh!!! My city hall is lit in puprple and gold!! That’s soooo cool. This is hardcore Warriors territory. That’s really something.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah it is sad...it turns people off for good as it did me after the umpteenth time of it. Sure do wish though I had a place to go....it’s just not going to happen. I’m not sure but I have a feeling there’s a reason. I’m not tattooed up or look like the devil or wearing a pink tutu...I just know I’m honest and ask questions. I think and study,I don’t need silly platitudes and polyanish attitudes. Let’s get into the meat of things. History for example...they don’t teach history. I found when you apply histsroy studies to that? Wow...makes a huuuuuuge difference in your understanding of what’s going on and how they lived and the people and places and situations you are reading about. You know what? Kobe passing has brought me back to earth. Not smoking dope or rocking out at all...not doing anything in fact but thinking a lot and hanging out in solitude.

I think that makes a lot of sense to me. I think what Kobe has taught me in this is to be the best furry and person I can be in whatever time I permitted here.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
From Celticsblog

Kobe,

Man, I hated you.

I hated that stupid, unstoppable turnaround jumper. I hated those drives to the rim that always seemed to end in some spectacular finish, and often with free throws attached to boot. I hated that deep defensive stance that regularly resulted in steals.

I loved beating you in 2008. I loved that you shot just over 40% from the floor for the series. I loved that our guy Paul Pierce won the NBA Finals MVP. I loved that Banner 17 came at the expense of your Lakers.

I hated losing to you in 2010. I hated that you went 6-of-24, but still scored a game-high 23 points in Game 7. I hated that you grabbed 15 rebounds and willed your team to that title.

I loved that it fell apart as the Lakers tried to build super teams around you. I loved that as the Celtics rebuilt rapidly, your Lakers failed over and over again.

I hated that when Boston was down, fans once chanted “MVP” for you in TD Garden.

I hated that you tore your Achilles’ and were robbed of the chance to get back to the biggest stage in basketball one more time. I hated that the Celtics weren’t there waiting for you. I hated that Boston never got to break that 1-1 tie against your Lakers.

I loved that you rehabbed and came back. I loved that you went out a warrior. I loved that you went out your way and scored 60 in your final game.

I hated, and loved that, as a Celtics fan, I shouted “Kobe!” anytime I shot something in the trash can. I hated, and loved, that you shared this photo:

kobeceltics.jpg

I loved that you got what “Celtics vs. Lakers” means, even when both franchises weren’t always at their best.

I hated that you gave the “Mamba Mentality” to Jayson Tatum in the summer of 2018. Well, maybe. The jury is still out on that one.

I hated how much I respected your game and will to win. I hated that I really didn’t hate you much at all because of it.

I loved that after your playing career, you became relatable as a sports dad. I loved that we both have daughters who love sports. I loved that we had that connection to them through sports.

I hate that Celtics fans will never get to root against you again. I hate that you and your daughter were taken from us far too soon. I hate that my eyes fill with tears about that part that most. I hate how my heart breaks for your family.

I hate that you’re gone.

Rest in peace, Kobe.

With love and respect,

A Celtics fan

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
too early to know what happened. heard it’ll take them 12 -18 months to find out possibly what happened.

if i had to guess? i think maybe pilot somehow got disoriented as he got into the fog? then “turned left” and lost even more elevation and didn’t clear the mountain...

idk. either way. very tragic.

shabazz

Reaction score
Nothing more can be said about Kobe. The world wide outpouring of love is incredible to witness. If we were to make a list, there's very few people in this world that can generate that kind of emotion.

I never knew he was so revered until he was gone

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Nothing more can be said about Kobe. The world wide outpouring of love is incredible to witness. If we were to make a list, there's very few people in this world that can generate that kind of emotion.

I never knew he was so revered until he was gone
Neither did I...and I’m a major fan of his from day one. His family ivewhelmed by it all too. Seriously when my county’s city hall lights up purple and gold? Wow...never thought I’d see that. Was tweeting Pau Gasol last night off Kobe following his page...he’s basically just now going ...”He’s gone.” He’s crushed bad too.. I didn’t know. He’s really effected and committed to doing things Bryant told him. It’s really like a phenomenon.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
too early to know what happened. heard it’ll take them 12 -18 months to find out possibly what happened.

if i had to guess? i think maybe pilot somehow got disoriented as he got into the fog? then “turned left” and lost even more elevation and didn’t clear the mountain...

idk. either way. very tragic.

The professionals I've been listening to all seem to agree that this tragedy is clearly a case of "spatial disorientation" or losing all sense of direction with no visual cues to guide you. They think he tried to get under the ceiling and when realizing he was to low in that terrain did what they are trained to do and tried to fly up and out of danger. Instead he flew straight into the terrain.

Apparently this sort of thing is way to common.

Xelda

Reaction score
The professionals I've been listening to all seem to agree that this tragedy is clearly a case of "spatial disorientation" or losing all sense of direction with no visual cues to guide you. They think he tried to get under the ceiling and when realizing he was to low in that terrain did what they are trained to do and tried to fly up and out of danger. Instead he flew straight into the terrain.

Apparently this sort of thing is way to common.
If that's the case, the passengers didn't have much time to panic. I'm certain they'd been concerned, but that's better than terror. The unfathomable tragedy of it all is not diminished in any way. If I'm repeating anyone, I apologize.