RIP Kobe Bryant ** respectful posts only! **

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
SoCal tower told the pilot he needed to be at 1500 feet the pilot requested 1200 feet on his VFR. Why didn’t the pilot acknowledge the tower? The pilot could still be heard up to the point when the heli went off radar.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Chrispierce, I am not rebutting you on your post. Just adding to it. Everyone has right to believe in what they believe or what they don't believe. Just giving you my perspective on this unexpected tragedy.
It’s ok I’m sorry. I’m not doing well ..#8 was my guy,and I lived Newport awhile. I know where he lives.the mall etc. It’s too hard for me to watch all these vids and people on TNT. I break down and cry.
Like I haven’t listened to music in 3 days...and I’m never not on my headphones with music or rocking out in my car. It would be different if someone else,but he was a good guy and helping out lots of people,and hearing how his wife can’t even talk. That poor girl god love her...she’s not built for this guys. Whole lot of folks staying at his place to take care of kids and run things because she’s not here anymore mentally. I just so badly want drive to his home and talk to people...tell them things to lift up their spirits. That they didn’t choose to leave them,and will love them always and that you’ll be together again. That the worst pain is when people choose to leave you...that’s a final thing. That’s the kind of pain I carry in my heart and it’s a heavy heavy weight to carry that I never wish on anyone. It’s worse than death....because you keep waking up and it’s just there.

cowboyed

Reaction score
It’s ok I’m sorry. I’m not doing well ..#8 was my guy,and I lived Newport awhile. I know where he lives.the mall etc. It’s too hard for me to watch all these vids and people on TNT. I break down and cry.
Like I haven’t listened to music in 3 days...and I’m never not on my headphones with music or rocking out in my car. It would be different if someone else,but he was a good guy and helping out lots of people,and hearing how his wife can’t even talk. That poor girl god love her...she’s not built for this guys. Whole lot of folks staying at his place to take care of kids and run things because she’s not here anymore mentally. I just so badly want drive to his home and talk to people...tell them things to lift up their spirits. That they didn’t choose to leave them,and will love them always and that you’ll be together again. That the worst pain is when people choose to leave you...that’s a final thing. That’s the kind of pain I carry in my heart and it’s a heavy heavy weight to carry that I never wish on anyone. It’s worse than death....because you keep waking up and it’s just there.

No worries dude. I think many people, world wide took the loss of Kobe, his daughter and other good people in that copter very hard.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
No worries dude. I think many people, world wide took the loss of Kobe, his daughter and other good people in that copter very hard.
I’m wondering about his Mamba teams? Had all these girls playing ...their coach gone (who I found out was a truly incredible person in her own right) so now they got no one leading anything. It would be the greatest travesty if whatever efforts him and his daughter were making to propell the sport of WNBA and girls youth leagues wasn’t upheld. I am going there at some point I’ve decided. I know where he lives...think I’ll wait a bit,and leave a personal note to family at front gate. Think that’s exactly what I’ll do.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
The thing that seems to be overlooked to me was the speed the pilot was flying at. Over 150 mph in the fog at extremely low altitude in mountainous terrain ? ***, it seems unbelievably reckless. He couldn’t slow down at all to reflect the conditions they were in ? This pilot may have had the stats to be experienced and an instructor but he made terrible decisions this day. Sorry, Kobe, RIP....you deserved a safer pilot this day.

SoCal tower told the pilot he needed to be at 1500 feet the pilot requested 1200 feet on his VFR. Why didn’t the pilot acknowledge the tower? The pilot could still be heard up to the point when the heli went off radar.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

That must be incredibly painful. I'm so sorry for his widow. And I'm so sorry for the pain you're clearly going through. It's a really painful loss. I too heard that he was a phenomenal person. Always hard to lose someone like him. He was such a role model for all to look up to. I wish there was more that we could do to help his widow and surviving daughters. *hugs*

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’m wondering about his Mamba teams? Had all these girls playing ...their coach gone (who I found out was a truly incredible person in her own right) so now they got no one leading anything. It would be the greatest travesty if whatever efforts him and his daughter were making to propell the sport of WNBA and girls youth leagues wasn’t upheld. I am going there at some point I’ve decided. I know where he lives...think I’ll wait a bit,and leave a personal note to family at front gate. Think that’s exactly what I’ll do.

I think that would be an incredibly nice thing to do. By all means, I think you should.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard a replay of Shaquille O'Neal talking about the loss of Bryant, along with the deaths of his own sister, grandmothers and (I believe) stepfather. It was over my car's radio but I can honestly say I thought about pulling over. He had me almost too choked up to drive.

kwcool619

Reaction score
It is a blessing to be 6 feet above ground today. I am grateful to be able to type these letters at this moment (Ok. I am at work). As I drive around the Los Angeles area, one sees various digital billboard tributes to Kobe, Gigi and the 7 passengers. Kobe Bryant was, and still is L.A.

Just read that Chris Doleman, former Minnesota Vikings DE passed away yesterday of cancer.

We all only have the present, the here and now. Live gratefully and respectfully, and do things with love.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
That must be incredibly painful. I'm so sorry for his widow. And I'm so sorry for the pain you're clearly going through. It's a really painful loss. I too heard that he was a phenomenal person. Always hard to lose someone like him. He was such a role model for all to look up to. I wish there was more that we could do to help his widow and surviving daughters. *hugs*
Yeah for all them it would be. I’m good now myself,it’s just if I see interviews and stuff. It just hit me a lot harder than I was aware of. I won’t watch anymore ..I don’t want to,I’m not good at watching people suffer. I’m not that type of person...like when my dad died and everyone else is carrying on fine in the hospital room...I was balling in the hallway ...no one cared. More interested in asking me about CA and crap....like really? Who cares!! That’s how lof of people are though.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah for all them it would be. I’m good now myself,it’s just if I see interviews and stuff. It just hit me a lot harder than I was aware of. I won’t watch anymore ..I don’t want to,I’m not good at watching people suffer. I’m not that type of person...like when my dad died and everyone else is carrying on fine in the hospital room...I was balling in the hallway ...no one cared. More interested in asking me about CA and crap....like really? Who cares!! That’s how lof of people are though.

I'm not good at watching people suffer either. Especially when they're good people and have good families like Kobe. And it's sad that people don't seem to take the time to try and help sort out what is the matter. I can't even imagine the pain that Mrs. Bryant must be going through. That thought brings me such concern. Not only that, but I think it really gives us a new perspective, doesn't it? Anytime we think we are having a bad time, there's always someone in a worse situation.

Also, I'm terribly sorry about your dad. It must've been a terrible day for you when that happened. It's a pity that nobody was talking to you about that there and trying to comfort you. If you'd like to carry this on in PM, you're always welcome to PM me, my friend.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I heard a replay of Shaquille O'Neal talking about the loss of Bryant, along with the deaths of his own sister, grandmothers and (I believe) stepfather. It was over my car's radio but I can honestly say I thought about pulling over. He had me almost too choked up to drive.
Yeah....it’s like that with many many people talking. I won’t watch or listen anymore...I’m not going to watch NBA HOF later this year either...I just won’t.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I'm not good at watching people suffer either. Especially when they're good people and have good families like Kobe. And it's sad that people don't seem to take the time to try and help sort out what is the matter. I can't even imagine the pain that Mrs. Bryant must be going through. That thought brings me such concern. Not only that, but I think it really gives us a new perspective, doesn't it? Anytime we think we are having a bad time, there's always someone in a worse situation.

Also, I'm terribly sorry about your dad. It must've been a terrible day for you when that happened. It's a pity that nobody was talking to you about that there and trying to comfort you. If you'd like to carry this on in PM, you're always welcome to PM me, my friend.
Thank you so much Furboy....that’s very kind of you. I’ll be ok. All these things my life gave me lots and lots of clarity on realities vs talk and don’t be surprised if the people you think would be there for you aren’t at all. It’s weird how death works like a shifter...you can see in black and white who’s who in situations. I take note...and I no longer do hospitals or funerals or churches either. All three have showed me who they are. Stoic and cold ...even I’ll choose dying in the dirt than being a lab rat with tubes and hoses.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Thank you so much Furboy....that’s very kind of you. I’ll be ok. All these things my life gave me lots and lots of clarity on realities vs talk and don’t be surprised if the people you think would be there for you aren’t at all. It’s weird how death works like a shifter...you can see in black and white who’s who in situations. I take note...and I no longer do hospitals or funerals or churches either. All three have showed me who they are. Stoic and cold ...even I’ll choose dying in the dirt than being a lab rat with tubes and hoses.

It's quite alright. And I understand. I think we really should be more welcoming to each other.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I shouldn’t say that....there is good hospitals and churches etc...I just happened to get the door closed in my face.

I am blessed to have a good church and a good fandom as well as this forum. But, I've also found a lot of closed doors. It's really sad when that happens.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I am blessed to have a good church and a good fandom as well as this forum. But, I've also found a lot of closed doors. It's really sad when that happens.
Yeah it is sad...it turns people off for good as it did me after the umpteenth time of it. Sure do wish though I had a place to go....it’s just not going to happen. I’m not sure but I have a feeling there’s a reason. I’m not tattooed up or look like the devil or wearing a pink tutu...I just know I’m honest and ask questions. I think and study,I don’t need silly platitudes and polyanish attitudes. Let’s get into the meat of things. History for example...they don’t teach history. I found when you apply histsroy studies to that? Wow...makes a huuuuuuge difference in your understanding of what’s going on and how they lived and the people and places and situations you are reading about. You know what? Kobe passing has brought me back to earth. Not smoking dope or rocking out at all...not doing anything in fact but thinking a lot and hanging out in solitude.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Sounds like they were overwhelmed by all the people showing out and memorials everywhere and people leaving flowers at their house. Hmm...guess I won’t go down there then. But I looked up their mamba academy and I’m floored by that!!. It’s really a great place for people of any sport or age etc, I want her husbands plans seen through for women’s basketball. Means a lot to girls as I’m finding out just how much. Well,they got a new fan and i will be dropping support their way.