*** SPOILERS *** Rise of Skywalker Spoiler Thread

ShortRound

Reaction score
Two things of the top of my head I thought were *** moments.
-when Luke says “I was wrong” lol so everything he said in the last movie is sht.
-the kiss, why? I mean ok but then you kill Ben? Let him live after the kiss or die without one.

no cohesive vision for this trilogy killed it. Kathleen Kennedy should not be near any further Star Wars projects.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two things of the top of my head I thought were *** moments.
-when Luke says “I was wrong” lol so everything he said in the last movie is sht.
-the kiss, why? I mean ok but then you kill Ben? Let him live after the kiss or die without one.

no cohesive vision for this trilogy killed it. Kathleen Kennedy should not be near any further Star Wars projects.

As for those Luke comments? Although no one will ever say it publicly, I take it as a direct shot at Johnson's poor choices from the last film. It, like just about every choice Johnson made, was unmade.

On that kiss? I'd always gotten some level of vibe between them that they wanted to be together. Whether that was on the dark side or light side. Each was trying to pull the other over rather than truly wanting to kill the other. And that was borne out in this film, where Rachel brought the other back from death through the Force.

But I totally agree about not having a solid vision for the trilogy. That's inexcusable and should be a fireable offense for Kennedy. She needs to go for the best interests of the franchise.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was dumb, she is not a Skywalker, this trilogy was a hot mess.

Here is Abrams describing his intent, maybe that will clear things up for you a bit:

"One of the themes of the movie is that anyone can be anything regardless of where you're from. I don't know if it resonates for everyone, but I think there are quite a few people who appreciate that idea of not coming from a place that you're particularly excited about or proud of. Though I completely understand 'you're nobody' is a devastating thing, to me the more painful, the more shocking thing was 'you're from the worst possible place.' And is your destiny, is that thing that you feel, that you know is part of you, somehow, that you're haunted by, is that your destiny? The idea that choices -- there are things more powerful than blood, as Luke says. That feeling was an important thing to convey for us."

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...ne-lineage-choice-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker

ShortRound

Reaction score
Here is Abrams describing his intent, maybe that will clear things up for you a bit:

"One of the themes of the movie is that anyone can be anything regardless of where you're from. I don't know if it resonates for everyone, but I think there are quite a few people who appreciate that idea of not coming from a place that you're particularly excited about or proud of. Though I completely understand 'you're nobody' is a devastating thing, to me the more painful, the more shocking thing was 'you're from the worst possible place.' And is your destiny, is that thing that you feel, that you know is part of you, somehow, that you're haunted by, is that your destiny? The idea that choices -- there are things more powerful than blood, as Luke says. That feeling was an important thing to convey for us."

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...ne-lineage-choice-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker

I don’t hate this angle but it kind of messed with return of the Jedi. Because the idea of the chosen one was that it was always Anakin. The one who kills the sith.

it should at least have been a true Skywalker to kill palpatine. This whole movie felt like they were patching the mistakes of the last Jedi. Leia with a lightsaber was actually cool to see.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t hate this angle but it kind of messed with return of the Jedi. Because the idea of the chosen one was that it was always Anakin. The one who kills the sith.

I never took the 'chosen one' prophecy as ever being anything that actually happened. I found it to be an unfulfilled prophecy. It never added up to anything in my book.

it should at least have been a true Skywalker to kill palpatine. This whole movie felt like they were patching the mistakes of the last Jedi.

I think Palpatine even returning was the result of mistakes made in the Last Jedi. I don't think much of what happened in this film was planned ahead of that film. One big course correction, but Abrams did a masterful job of that in my opinion.

Leia with a lightsaber was actually cool to see.

Totally agree. Wish it could have happened much sooner, but life had other ideas.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I never took the 'chosen one' prophecy as ever being anything that actually happened. I found it to be an unfulfilled prophecy. It never added up to anything in my book.

I think Palpatine even returning was the result of mistakes made in the Last Jedi. I don't think much of what happened in this film was planned ahead of that film. One big course correction, but Abrams did a masterful job of that in my opinion.

Totally agree. Wish it could have happened much sooner, but life had other ideas.

Yeah seeing young leia and Ben getting choked up on “dad” got me.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I wonder if all the people outraged over Rose barely being in this film could watch a Rose Tico stand alone film for 20 minutes without walking out

Hey Darth... I’m here.

Anything in particular?

Let me say.

They are cowards. All of them.

This could have been a great ending that tied all three trilogies together.

They went for sat wars-y crap.

Nothing was good.

This trilogy ranks with Godfather 3.
Not good. Should not have been made. This was NOT the end of the saga. Saga ended with ROTJ.

Why was Rey a Skywalker in the end?
No explanation can ever be a quality reason. (Rey was a Palpatine) no one calls him sidious... why? lol

Should have been called: Star Wars: The End of Skywalker ... and that is a stretch. Ben was a Solo.

The Last Jedi was really end of Skywalker.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey Darth... I’m here.

Anything in particular?

Let me say.

They are cowards. All of them.

This could have been a great ending that tied all three trilogies together.

They went for sat wars-y crap.

Nothing was good.

This trilogy ranks with Godfather 3.
Not good. Should not have been made. This was NOT the end of the saga. Saga ended with ROTJ.

Why was Rey a Skywalker in the end?
No explanation can ever be a quality reason. (Rey was a Palpatine) no one calls him sidious... why? lol

Should have been called: Star Wars: The End of Skywalker ... and that is a stretch. Ben was a Solo.

The Last Jedi was really end of Skywalker.

:facepalm:

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
I have a thread question based on some of the audience's reaction to Leia's Mary Poppins scene in TLJ. There was almost nothing revealed about Leia's training in The Force before it. I believe much of the scene's ridicule was from a "How the heck could she of all people do that?" preconception.

She shielded her presence well from Snoke, her own son, and even Palpatine. We see her humbling poor little CGI Mark Hamill :muttley:in lightsaber training. Heck, she did not even BOTHER keeping a lightsaber. She easily and communicated to Kylo using The Force than it cut completely through his passion for fighting Rey during their Death Star wreckage duel.

[James Earl Jones voice] Leia was indeed powerful in The Force, perhaps her father's equal or better. Would some people have reacted the same way if there had been a scene where Vader had been blown into space and he saved himself? I do not think reaction would have been as prominent if it had. That is not my real question though.

Thread question: Has your opinion been slightly altered or changed about her space flying scene after the finale provided more tidbits of Leia's growth in The Force?
To answer your question. You can completely forget about TLJ because JJ Abrams basically did. Rian Johnson completely destroyed the jedi/sith/skywalker storyline and JJ did everything he could to restore it.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
My first thought...too short. JJ needed more time to right the abomination that TLJ was. He did a good job ignoring 99% of what occurred in TLJ.

I had no problem with the Emperor being back but they need more explanation of how and why for the average fan. I say that because there were a ton of things in the ROS that were pulled directly from books and comics written after the first trilogy.

I liked it but need to see it again because there was a ton of content in this one. I can't understand why they didn't make this one longer.

cml750

Reaction score
I will not waste my money on this as long as Kathleen Kennedy is running the show for Star Wars at Disney. She has ruined Star Wars for me and I will let my wallet do the talking. It is easy to blame Rian Johnson for the ridiculousness that was The Last Jedi but he only did what Kennedy wanted. I am done until they replace her at the top.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To answer your question. You can completely forget about TLJ because JJ Abrams basically did. Rian Johnson completely destroyed the jedi/sith/skywalker storyline and JJ did everything he could to restore it.
I could but do not. In Abrams' ROS, the Emperor is literally suspending and practically destroying dozens of starships with Force Lightning. That awesome light show has never taken place at such an enormous scale in any of the previous eight episodes.

I did not have a problem with the unprecedented display of the dark side. It would not surprise me if more of the audience accepts it as is than ridicule it.

The same cannot be said of what I am encouraged to forget about since it was part of Rian Johnson's flawed TLJ episode. I do not think it is unreasonable to suggest surviving and rescuing oneself after massive decompression into the vacuum of space would not require as much power or skilled use of The Force in comparison to what Palpatine did with ease in ROS.

It is just a pet peeve of mine I guess. Yes. Rian Johnson did way too much damage. Even so, Abrams did not eradicate or diminish the perception of Leia being an extremely powerful Force user. That is the basis of my thread question. I am curious whether anyone who was both initially taken aback by the Mary Poppins' scene and caught the final episode changed their minds in any way about Leia self-rescue. In my opinion, the initial reaction was extreme to say the least.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could but do not. In Abrams' ROS, the Emperor is literally suspending and practically destroying dozens of starships with Force Lightning. That awesome light show has never taken place at such an enormous scale in any of the previous eight episodes.

I did not have a problem with the unprecedented display of the dark side. It would not surprise me if more of the audience accepts it as is than ridicule it.

The same cannot be said of what I am encouraged to forget about since it was part of Rian Johnson's flawed TLJ episode. I do not think it is unreasonable to suggest surviving and rescuing oneself after massive decompression into the vacuum of space would not require as much power or skilled use of The Force in comparison to what Palpatine did with ease in ROS.

It is just a pet peeve of mine I guess. Yes. Rian Johnson did way too much damage. Even so, Abrams did not eradicate or diminish the perception of Leia being an extremely powerful Force user. That is the basis of my thread question. I am curious whether anyone who was both initially taken aback by the Mary Poppins' scene and caught the final episode changed their minds in any way about Leia self-rescue. In my opinion, the initial reaction was extreme to say the least.

Keep in mind that for that massive display of force lightning, the Emperor proclaimed that he was "all of the Sith" combined into one being. And likewise at the end, while she was hearing all of those voices, Rey had the power of "all of the Jedi". They were all combined into those two beings for the ultimate, final battle.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score

For more explanation on the Emperor read the book that picks up where ROJ ends - Aftermath.

As for Leia - JJ set up many storylines that Rian ignored. Leia was supposed to be a large part of the new trilogy and RIan went a completely different direction and ignored the premise of the entire Star Wars saga. I would imagine that had Carrie Fisher not died she would have had a bigger part in the final episode.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For more explanation on the Emperor read the book that picks up where ROJ ends - Aftermath.

As for Leia - JJ set up many storylines that Rian ignored. Leia was supposed to be a large part of the new trilogy and RIan went a completely different direction and ignored the premise of the entire Star Wars saga. I would imagine that had Carrie Fisher not died she would have had a bigger part in the final episode.

Oh yeah, that is on record. The third was supposed to be 'her movie'. Sad that the two characters who lived died in the films and the one they planned to feature died in real life.